Puckdrop 2010 and 3rd Jersey unveil

ThePebble19

Link: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535862&navid=DL|BUF|home

Anyone else think it's odd that they don't mention an unveiling of a new away jersey?

Odd no. In fact not even surprising of course that could be construed as LQ and TG trying to ratched up cash so maybe there are burying it on prupose.

"The Sabres will unveil the team’s new 40th anniversary third jersey at an open practice that morning. This classically-designed uniform is a tribute to not only the history of Buffalo hockey, but early NHL jersey designs. The 40th anniversary jersey will now serve as the team’s alternate jersey."

There used to be a lot of stripes on early NHL jerseys. I wonder if they will be turtleneck sweaters?

Yup. That was also posted on Puck Daddy on Yahoo! I think a few months back.

I'm also surprised they didn't mention when we would see the new whites. I'm more excited about those than the alternates. Hope it's the same day.

I found this not sure if its been posted.

:thumbsup:

linky

That's a fan concept, but most signs point to it being close to what will be unveiled.

The crest is pretty much just going to be a "Buffalo" script. If the team is smart (which they aren't), they'll use the old Bisons script like in that example. I'm a little more optimistic about a Buffalo Bisons link after reading the press release and its reference to pre-Sabres jerseys. What I've heard too is that it won't be a navy blue jersey, but a royal blue one. I hope that's wrong because I'd want the 40th anniversary jersey to match the home/road in case they decide to keep it around for more than one year.

You can never underestimate this team's ability to completely screw up a uniform change, though, so brace yourself for anything when these are unveiled.

First of all, I'm pissed that these a-holes keep upping the entry cost of the Adult Street Hockey Fest. $150 to play three games officiated by morons who don't even know the rules? I think I'll have to sit this one out this year. :thumbsup:

Secondly, saw this item in the Sabres online shop a while back. It's an older item, but interesting none the less:

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3759595&cp=3176648&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

I wonder if that is more likely the script we'll see on the front of the jersey this fall.

I wonder if that is more likely the script we'll see on the front of the jersey this fall.

Maybe, but I've seen all manner of styles on various products, so I don't think that's definitive. It's also hard to tell whether or not I'd like it based on that product. It's hard to picture on a jersey.

I'm in the definite minority with the script jerseys. When done right, they're pretty sharp IMO. The key is doing it right.

Maybe, but I've seen all manner of styles on various products, so I don't think that's definitive. It's also hard to tell whether or not I'd like it based on that product. It's hard to picture on a jersey.

I'm in the definite minority with the script jerseys. When done right, they're pretty sharp IMO. The key is doing it right.

Minnesota's is pure gold. If Buffalo comes up with something that looks as good as theirs I would be satisfied. I don't think the logo on the clock will do the trick.. just thought it was worth posting since it's similar to the rumored logo.

Dont worry, someone will take your place.

First of all, I'm pissed that these a-holes keep upping the entry cost of the Adult Street Hockey Fest. $150 to play three games officiated by morons who don't even know the rules? I think I'll have to sit this one out this year. :thumbsup:

Secondly, saw this item in the Sabres online shop a while back. It's an older item, but interesting none the less:

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3759595&cp=3176648&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

I found this not sure if its been posted.

:thumbsup:

linky

I really like that one! I'd buy it if I had the money.

But then again, as one poster on that blogsite said, Reebok runs the show when it comes to jersey designs. Unless it's a fluke and they allow it, there's NFW they'll permit it.

So, if there's any truth to that, LQ and TG aren't even in the picture on this one.

Dont worry, someone will take your place.

I'm sure they will. Just a little too high of an asking price for me. :thumbsup: Last year my team got too drunk the night before and missed our first game, then got spanked in our second game against a bunch of 30-something year olds who were clearly in the wrong division!! We signed up for "casual" as opposed to "competitive", but these dudes were going all out -- not to say my team wasn't trying, but we were outsized and outmatched. Let's just say it was like Gerbe, Roy, Briere and Mika Noronen against Chris Pronger, Dustin Byfuglien, and Milan Lucic -- I can't say who their goalie was because we only got about three shots on goal (I scored one!). All this team did was get the ball and fire low slap shots from their end that were deflected past our helpless goalie. I, for one, wasn't trying to get in the way of many of those slappers.

Our third game went much better. Kids our size and skillset. We lost 4-3, but I scored a game-tying goal with under 2 minutes to go that was disallowed because a ball from a different court rolled in front of OUR goalie. It didn't effect the game, but they waived it off anyway. No biggie, even if we had won we weren't going to advance, but I wanted that "W."

Same issues here, but different age bracket. This is why I stopped playing ice hockey altogether. Can never find enough people with even close to equal skill levels. Always ended up playing against 20 and 30-somethings who always smoked me. There's no such thing as a sr league anymore. People's egos are so inflated now that they just cant let anyone have any fun anymore. The laid back sr league turns into the place for the former college players to show that "they still have it." At almost $1000 a year, I gave up on it. I still skate and shoot, but the hell with paying huge sums just to get smoked by punk kids.

Leagues are bad, but tourney's are the worst. They will always be lopsided.

I'm sure they will. Just a little too high of an asking price for me. :thumbsup: Last year my team got too drunk the night before and missed our first game, then got spanked in our second game against a bunch of 30-something year olds who were clearly in the wrong division!! We signed up for "casual" as opposed to "competitive", but these dudes were going all out -- not to say my team wasn't trying, but we were outsized and outmatched. Let's just say it was like Gerbe, Roy, Briere and Mika Noronen against Chris Pronger, Dustin Byfuglien, and Milan Lucic -- I can't say who their goalie was because we only got about three shots on goal (I scored one!). All this team did was get the ball and fire low slap shots from their end that were deflected past our helpless goalie. I, for one, wasn't trying to get in the way of many of those slappers.

Our third game went much better. Kids our size and skillset. We lost 4-3, but I scored a game-tying goal with under 2 minutes to go that was disallowed because a ball from a different court rolled in front of OUR goalie. It didn't effect the game, but they waived it off anyway. No biggie, even if we had won we weren't going to advance, but I wanted that "W."

I tried to see if any new Sabres logos were registered on the USPTO website, but there were none that I could find. I suppose this isn't surprising after the last Sabres logo debacle. The trademark filing attorneys appear to have been waiting until the jerseys are publicly unveiled before submitting paperwork. Example: the new 2010/2011 Leafs jersey shoulder logo wasn't registered (July 16) until a month after they unveiled it (June 14).

Oh well, the USPTO website is an easy little timekiller on a slow day for science.

Recall that it was the USPTO website that had the Sabres slug logo trademark image publicly available online months before the jerseys were to be unveiled, sparking fans' confusion, anger, petitioning, rioting, looting, and ultimately an embarrassed Larry Quinn press conference.

If the third jersey has not been unveiled yet, why bother mentioning it in this thread? That is severe misinformation from the KGV Regier office.

The link in the first post was the announcement of the day that the jersey will be unveiled. I don't know how that would even come remotely close to qualifying as severe misinformation by the "KGV" Regier office.

The only changes to the uniform I want to see are the names that are sewn across the shoulders. Unless the latest jersey are unveiled with KABERLE or KOLVACHUK sewn to the back why does anyone care?

We all want our girls to look good for the homecoming dance?

The only changes to the uniform I want to see are the names that are sewn across the shoulders. Unless the latest jersey are unveiled with KABERLE or KOLVACHUK sewn to the back why does anyone care?

Probably because sports uniforms/logos are how cities present themselves to people around the country and around the world. I can't tell you a lot about every MLB, NHL, and NFL city, but I can draw all those logos by heart. The first thing you think of for most cities is their sports teams.

The Bills and Sabres logos are Buffalo's unofficial flags. People see those and think of the city. And we send the teams to other cities to represent us.

(And if you live out of town, you use the logos as a literal flag (or decal) on your house or car.)

So, yes, the uniforms and logos matter. We can never guarantee how well the teams will do, but we can at least have symbols of the city to be proud of.

Archived