[OT] ALERT !! ALERT!!

spndnchz

I love it. When you tell the IT guy that you got the virus from an NHL salary website, he either thinks that you're lying or you're a huge nerd.

Well, she appears to have the brains, but that doesn't make her a nerd. It's called "Looking out for everyone else." Hopefully, they got that concept.

Wait... forget the virus. Isn't "don't go to nhlnumbers.com" enough?

Yeah, why would the average poster waste their time there when they could instead whine about:

-the team not spending very much

-a specific player's salary being way too high, even though the salary is actually much lower than they think it is

-why a team doesn't make a specific trade, ignoring the fact that it would put them way over the cap

The list is endless.

Yeah, why would the average poster waste their time there when they could instead whine about:

-the team not spending very much

-a specific player's salary being way too high, even though the salary is actually much lower than they think it is

-why a team doesn't make a specific trade, ignoring the fact that it would put them way over the cap

The list is endless.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. The amateur capologists make this place damned near intolerable at times.

I turned my computer on today, chilled, then went to NHLnumbers. Had some weird message. I tried to X out as quickly as possible. How do i know if my comp is effected? It's showing no signs of being infected. How can i check to make sure? I dont have any anti-virus on this thing.

I turned my computer on today, chilled, then went to NHLnumbers. Had some weird message. I tried to X out as quickly as possible. How do i know if my comp is effected? It's showing no signs of being infected. How can i check to make sure? I dont have any anti-virus on this thing.

I guess you'll have to go back to that site one more time! (just to make sure you have it)

Norton 360. I don't care if it makes my computer .5 sec slower. I feel protected. Like, well, u know...

Unless things have changed a lot in the last couple of years, it was a lot more than 0.5 sec difference between Norton and the usually higher rated Kaspersky (or derivatives like ZoneAlarm.) My computer went from dog slow to pretty quick after making the switch.

PM me your social security number and bank account info and I'll monitor your personal data. :pirate:

Archived