Boughner rejects handshake

tom webster

Boo Hoo. You drafted the son of our GM when we asked all the teams not to. Therefore, I am not going to shake your hand at the end of our series(even though Boughner's team won). If requests like this were honored every year, the OHL draft would be littered with nonsense like this.

Rychal needs to tell his son to grow a pair and go play where he is drafted or give up hockey.

Boo Hoo. You drafted the son of our GM when we asked all the teams not to. Therefore, I am not going to shake your hand at the end of our series(even though Boughner's team won). If requests like this were honored every year, the OHL draft would be littered with nonsense like this.

Rychal needs to tell his son to grow a pair and go play where he is drafted or give up hockey.

It sounds like that is standard procedure though. If these teams have been passing on other administrators kids for years, this is definitely a crappy move.

It sounds like that is standard procedure though. If these teams have been passing on other administrators kids for years, this is definitely a crappy move.

Sounds great! Just keep entitling these kids at younger ages so they are worthless by the time they get to the NHL after being fed with a silver spoon for countless years.

Sounds great! Just keep entitling these kids at younger ages so they are worthless by the time they get to the NHL after being fed with a silver spoon for countless years.

They're kids. They should be around their parents if that is an option. How exactly is that spoiling the kid? ######, what if the father runs one of the crappy teams and the kid would much rather play for a good team?

They're kids. They should be around their parents if that is an option. How exactly is that spoiling the kid? ######, what if the father runs one of the crappy teams and the kid would much rather play for a good team?

Whatever. Once again...BOO HOO. The most talented kids across Canada and the US leave home to play hockey. Why should a select few be any different?

I found this way more interesting in one of the comments.

fyi...

the sabres had two prospects in that ohl final--kassian for the spits and nick crawford for the colts...

most people know of kassian, but i don't think many know of crawford...

crawford ended up with 0 goals, 12 assists and was a +3 in the ohl playoffs...at one point in march, the 6'1" 183lb. d-man was #3 on tsn's top players in the league......

not that i expect the news to cover it, but it's worth mentioning

Posted by: boos | May 06, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I found this way more interesting in one of the comments.

fyi...

the sabres had two prospects in that ohl final--kassian for the spits and nick crawford for the colts...

most people know of kassian, but i don't think many know of crawford...

crawford ended up with 0 goals, 12 assists and was a +3 in the ohl playoffs...at one point in march, the 6'1" 183lb. d-man was #3 on tsn's top players in the league......

not that i expect the news to cover it, but it's worth mentioning

Posted by: boos | May 06, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Sabres signed him to a three year entry level deal today.

Whatever. Once again...BOO HOO. The most talented kids across Canada and the US leave home to play hockey. Why should a select few be any different?

What does spoiling the kids even have to do with the issue? If (if if if if if) there is some unwritten rule that has been followed for years where teams won't pick the sons of another team's GM/coach, then Barrie suddenly goes against that rule and picks Rychel, it's a d-bag move. Now I don't know for a fact if such a practice is followed, but I do know of plenty of kids who have played for their father's organization.

Then again, Barrie took Rychel one pick after Windsor took another kid. It makes you wonder.

Then again, Barrie took Rychel one pick after Windsor took another kid. It makes you wonder.

Sounds like maybe Windsor wanted to keep selecting players then eventually get to Rychel. Is there a number of rounds that family players are off limits then if they dont get drafted by then they are open to anyone? If it is an unwritten rule then maybe Windsor tried to take advantage of it?

Archived