Chara Avoids Suspension

Hawk

I wonder which lasted longer. Colon Campbell's review of the incident or Larry Quinn's "Thorough review of the organIzation?"

Glad he didnt get suspended. I want him in there for every agonizing moment. Theirs :death:, not ours!!

Right call, but ...

1) If the positions were reversed, they wouldn't have been so quick to rescind Gaustad's suspension for going after Chara.

2) It was really stupid of Chara to even risk it.

It surprises me to hear you say that. I think of you as the logical Spock of the board.

It surprises me to hear you say that. I think of you as the logical Spock of the board.

If I were human I believe my response would be "go to ######."... If I were human.

As for #2, would it be more fitting had I said "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one" instead?

It's the right call - I think the rule is there for a good reason but just like they did with Malkin in the finals last year, they'll pull it back. They want it there as a anti-gooning provision but Chara wasn't being anymore of a goon than normal.

Then they should just remove the ###### rule, then, honestly, how ridiculous can the NHL look? Malkin's actions basically fit ALL the criteria necessary, and the ONLY reason he didn't get suspended was because sitting him would embarass the league that deified his ugly ######. Same with Chara.

Any rule that has an "out clause" isn't a rule. The NHL looks like a bunch of idiots for crap like that.

If I were human I believe my response would be "go to ######."... If I were human.

As for #2, would it be more fitting had I said "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one" instead?

I believe it was the "needs of the few or one".. Any self respecting Star Trek geek knows that. You're no spock.

Archived