I don't want this team to win.

darksabre

And the Rivet trade and Montador signing, the only main additions from outside the organization point against the idea that they're getting smaller and smaller as well.

Rivet is a bust. We gave up on skilled size up front (Bernier) for him. And thats what we need the most. Bernier deserved a chance in my view. Max had unlimited chances. It wasn't worth a shot to spend that money on Bernier?

Rivet is a bust. We gave up on skilled size up front (Bernier) for him. And thats what we need the most. Bernier deserved a chance in my view. Max had unlimited chances. It wasn't worth a shot to spend that money on Bernier?

Rivet's play doesn't change the fact that they were looking to add a bigger, more physical aspect to the team with his trade and the Montador signing.

The Bernier thing was a bit strange. That happened so quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted out or if the team was never all that interested in him in the first place and only took him because it was the best return they could get last second (so far the 1st round pick that accompanied him looks promising). The big issue with Bernier though is that his reputation is very similar to all the complaints on this board about players with a lack of heart.

Drafting players that fit the mold of the current NHL is all well and good. And i uderstand that Darcy is taking steps in that department. The problem with this is that its going to take 2 to 3 years for these biggers prospects to develop. If this is Darcys plan for filling that void, then were all going to be waiting quite some time for the team to make noise in May. And with our current roster, we cant afford to wait that long for top tier contention.

What bothers me is that Darcy doesn't / hasn't doesn't use(d) other resources to bring these larger players in here. I believe that the team needs some mid aged, and or vet, presence, with size, in the lapse of time its going to take for these prspectss to mature into NHLers.

And again, with the current contracts to the bust players,(Pominville NTC :oops: especially), there is no room to make it happen. Thats the problem, there aren't many ways to fix it.

Agreed on all of this. I was only refuting the point that we're actively getting smaller. Now, the fact that we're not actively getting bigger and tougher is a completely valid point.

Edit: Actively getting bigger/tougher ENOUGH.

Rivet's play doesn't change the fact that they were looking to add a bigger, more physical aspect to the team with his trade and the Montador signing.

The Bernier thing was a bit strange. That happened so quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted out or if the team was never all that interested in him in the first place and only took him because it was the best return they could get last second (so far the 1st round pick that accompanied him looks promising). The big issue with Bernier though is that his reputation is very similar to all the complaints on this board about players with a lack of heart.

Rivet's a bust...but agreed that it was a good try. Looking at his resume at the trade point, it's everything we were (and still are) looking for - tough, physical, veteran, leader. Montador can be hit-or-miss, depending on the night, but I think he's got a lot of grit and heart that makes him a + most nights. And as you pointed out, he was a deliberate step in the 'bigger/tougher' direction.

I would've liked to see Bernier stick around, as well. The only 'deadline' acquisition since the lockout that actually worked in our favor, I think.

I think some are misconstruing what I'm saying. I love the Buffalo Sabres. I love the blue and gold. ######, I'm sitting in class right now reading an issue of Sports and Leisure with Tyler Myers' big mug on it instead of paying attention. The problem I have is with this particular incarnation of the Sabres. I just don't like them. It's like how I love texas hots from Louie's but every now and then I go and the service sucks and the food is cold and it just isn't good. One bad trip to Louie's wont stop me from going back time after time, but that particular one is one that I wont want to remember and in the moment really would just prefer to have be over.

This year's team is that one trip to Louie's.

I think some are misconstruing what I'm saying. I love the Buffalo Sabres. I love the blue and gold. ######, I'm sitting in class right now reading an issue of Sports and Leisure with Tyler Myers' big mug on it instead of paying attention. The problem I have is with this particular incarnation of the Sabres. I just don't like them. It's like how I love texas hots from Louie's but every now and then I go and the service sucks and the food is cold and it just isn't good. One bad trip to Louie's wont stop me from going back time after time, but that particular one is one that I wont want to remember and in the moment really would just prefer to have be over.

This year's team is that one trip to Louie's.

This is just ridiculous, now I want a hot dog. Thanks a lot. I've always preferred Seneca Texas Hots, though. It's only 6 hours away, if I leave now...

I cant blame people for being mad..I am mad, I am angry, I am sick and tired of the bs of rooting for the teams I do.

Sabres, Bills and Pirates. they are all the same.

I have been a sabres and Bills fan for over 30 years. I continuously get excited only to be punched in the nuts over and over.

Its like the prettiest girl in school showing you her boobs and then walking away to be with another dude.

Its the same thing year after year with the sabres..even when they seem unstoppable..they have no heart, they have no strength or grit..ever...this team simply can not win..

I am tired of it, you can say good riddance you can say what you want honestly I don't care what any of you think....I am done, I am done with sports. I am tired of feeling like this over a stupid game.

I will go fishing, I will go to the beach with my family, I will live life and stop being crapped on by Buffalo sports teams..and the Pirates.

They only care if we spend on our money on them and I will do it no longer.

Good luck to you all and may the Sabre's and Bills win...even if they do I don't care....I am DONE.

I absolutely want this team to win. BUT,... I will say that if they do happen to lose, it will be a relief. Which is why I believe they will win this series because the Sabres are about pain. Max Pain. And it will hurt way more for them to lose in the finals than it does right now. There is no way they let us off that easy.

Rivet's a bust...but agreed that it was a good try. Looking at his resume at the trade point, it's everything we were (and still are) looking for - tough, physical, veteran, leader. Montador can be hit-or-miss, depending on the night, but I think he's got a lot of grit and heart that makes him a + most nights. And as you pointed out, he was a deliberate step in the 'bigger/tougher' direction.

I would've liked to see Bernier stick around, as well. The only 'deadline' acquisition since the lockout that actually worked in our favor, I think.

I agree.

Montador gives it his all on most shifts, even if that means a really odd pass that leads to a 2 on 1, but he hits and scores goals from time to time. He also make things happen in the offensive zone. And that is nice.

Rivet was a good player to bring in here, but since hes been here, he's lost his game. I think injuries play into it, but either way his salary is killing this team. Factor in Pominvilles cash, and thats 9 million dollars. Insane.

Yes, adding those 2 were a step in the right direction. Grier is as well. But never of these guys are forwards. Thats were we need the heart. Top 6.

It baffles me how many of you on here invest so much energy in crapping all over your team non-stop. Now, I agree it sucks watching them lose and as a life long fan its painful. I will never root against them, or more importantly think that these guys are not giving their all. Have you people played sports? Do you have any idea what level of desire it takes to get to the level they are? Every guy on that roster is giving their best effort in this series, and if you don't believe that you don't understand sports. This is the playoffs! It is possible that Boston is just playing better right now and/or is a better hockey team. I agree that changes need to be made, this team is clearly not built for a Stanley Cup, but I will always root for my team to win. No matter what the score.

If you don't want this team to win you are not a fan and you should not even bother to watch game 5. Very simple. You are a fan win or lose.

Every time someone prattles off this response they lose a little credibility. Don't give me this "not a fan" garbage.

Archived