Does it seem strange to anyone else ...

pkwwjd

It's great that Derek and Cellino & Barnes want to do something about Juvenile Diabetes. This year, they have contributed $24,000 towards the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. However, in an unbelievable mixed message ... they are wearing VitaminWater shirts. There are several different commercials that run this message and they all feature different VitaminWater shirts/jerseys. Why would you choose to advertize a drink that contains over 30g of sugar per bottle in a commercial when you are touting the fact that you are giving money to a foundation that helps people who cannot/should not that drink? While I do not have anyone in my family or close circle of friends that are dealing with JD, I would be having a fit seeing that commercial all the time. I just find this all very curious.

Personally, I'm baffled by the copy company commercials with the moronic employees floundering around on the ice. I love when they tout their "Hat trick" of customer service or something.. and they only list two things. Really? Hat trick?

I love that one. Dude in the background falls and the guys on camera break up a little. Unscripted, to be sure.

Ah yes the uncompleted hat trick of advertising copy.

I love that one. Dude in the background falls and the guys on camera break up a little. Unscripted, to be sure.

Ah yes the uncompleted hat trick of advertising copy.

The Toshiba Business Group... Do I really want guys flopping their upper body while their unskated feet stay glued to the ice? Me thinks not. How in god's name are they to change the toner or fix the fuser roll if they have spastic reactions like that? Reminds me of Blazing Saddles where the Waco Kid does his "steady as a rock/this is my shootin' hand" bit.

Why would you choose to advertize a drink that contains over 30g of sugar per bottle in a commercial when you are touting the fact that you are giving money to a foundation that helps people who cannot/should not that drink? While I do not have anyone in my family or close circle of friends that are dealing with JD, I would be having a fit seeing that commercial all the time. I just find this all very curious.

As any FYI there are versions of the drink that are sugar free :)

I've never seen a product placement within a TV commercial before, just movies... maybe it's a new trend...sounds pretty chintzy though...although it can be simply an amateurish oversight for the Cellino and Barnes group who produced the commercial.

As for the "hat trick" commercial, don't companies want to look super-competent in their commercials, not like a bunch of dunces?

What I do find funny is that Roy skates up to guys that are not on skates and he is as tall as they are, but in a different commercial they are in the law office and he is still as tall as they are. For the second commercial is he standing on a stool?

No, he's standing on the shoulders of Doug Flutie.

Archived