GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

This one's all over but the cryin'. Montreal was the more desperate team tonight. They should have been the more tired team, but they outworked us. Didn't like some of the calls. A few minutes ago, Torres was obviously tripped in the offensive zone and no penalty. It's been a poor effort tonight from the officials too.

This one's all over but the cryin'. Montreal was the more desperate team tonight. They should have been the more tired team, but they outworked us. Didn't like some of the calls. A few minutes ago, Torres was obviously tripped in the offensive zone and no penalty. It's been a poor effort tonight from the officials too.

They're desperate, we're not - and it's in Montreal. The players won't speak about it for fear of being fined, but there's a bad double standard in Canada. That call on Hecht - they've done that all night!!!!!!

I have not seen a more lazy game all year long...this is borderline painful to watch.

As much as I hate to admit it, the HNiC announcers were right a little bit ago, the Sabres can't even put 2 passes together. Not one person is skating hard. Regardless of the bad pass by Monty on the last goal, Hecht just didn't even care about going to get the puck. Same with the rush earlier in the 3rd, where Gaustad just leisurely strolled over to the puck, while the Habs player came out of nowhere to get it.

Just a piss-poor effort tonight.

Furthermore, has anyone else noticed that Miller seems to be more "Lalime-like" in his positioning lately? He just seems to be skating out of the crease in the worst times, and trying to do too much with the puck.

Montreal is playing playoff hockey and the Sabres are not.

This team rarely plays with any intensity. With all the threads on who Sabre fans want to play I have to wonder if you polled the other teams in the playoff hunt who would they rather play? I would guess the Sabres would be at the top for many of the teams.

[/b]

This team rarely plays with any intensity. With all the threads on who Sabre fans want to play I have to wonder if you polled the other teams in the playoff hunt who would they rather play? I would guess the Sabres would be at the top for many of the teams.

I would agree with this. While the thought of having to face Miller would be tough, out of Washington, NJ, Pittsburgh and Buffalo? I would want to play Buffalo.

I have not seen a more lazy game all year long...this is borderline painful to watch.

As much as I hate to admit it, the HNiC announcers were right a little bit ago, the Sabres can't even put 2 passes together. Not one person is skating hard. Regardless of the bad pass by Monty on the last goal, Hecht just didn't even care about going to get the puck. Same with the rush earlier in the 3rd, where Gaustad just leisurely strolled over to the puck, while the Habs player came out of nowhere to get it.

Just a piss-poor effort tonight.

Furthermore, has anyone else noticed that Miller seems to be more "Lalime-like" in his positioning lately? He just seems to be skating out of the crease in the worst times, and trying to do too much with the puck.

So much for the walk around town helping them save their energy.

PTR

I would agree with this. While the thought of having to face Miller would be tough, out of Washington, NJ, Pittsburgh and Buffalo? I would want to play Buffalo.

Eh... not sure I'd agree. I watch a lot of Pens games and there are nights when the Pens play if maddening - so much talent and yet they can play so awful. They got pushed around and beat up by Tampa Bay the other night.

I have to hope that Connolly, Kaleta and Vanek are all healthy enough to start in the playoffs, otherwise the team that played the last few nights could end the Sabres season quickly.

Miller scares no one. I can guarantee you that.

And this: if the Sabres don't figure out their breakout plays -- and stop passing the puck back below the dots -- they're one and done in the postseason, against whoever.

A very typical Lindy Ruff effort tonight.

The playoffs are around the corner for the first time in 3 years, a chance to clinch the division tonight and I spent more time watching the final four. Every time I flipped the game on, Montreal had scored another goal. After 3-0, I didn't bother flipping anymore.

The perfect beat writer for this hockey team.

"So it was another glorious day in Quebec, perfect for dining on a sidewalk patio to watch the thousands of people stroll by. I had a mango burger at eggspectation, and it was quite fine. The only other time I've had mango was in the best salad I've ever eaten, a mango-arugula concoction at Roberto Passon in New York City. I think it will be making more appearances on the menu." -- John Vogl

Give me a break. And more Mike Harrington. Holy ######.

I put more effort into the dump I took earlier tonight. These guys played with absolutely no passion or toughness at all. Montreal didn't have to work very hard at keeping Buffalo to the outside all night long. If I didn't know the schedules, I would swear Buffalo was the team that played last night. They will get spanked in the playoffs if they don't toughen up. And I'm not talking about in the last 2 minutes of a piss poor effort. Montreal isn't the biggest, toughest team out there either, but they were 5 times what Buffalo was tonight. Ruff didn't look very interested tonight as well, but when has he the past 3 or 4 years. Can't wait to see what Avery does to this team of invertebrates Tuesday night.

I put more effort into the dump I took earlier tonight. These guys played with absolutely no passion or toughness at all. Montreal didn't have to work very hard at keeping Buffalo to the outside all night long. If I didn't know the schedules, I would swear Buffalo was the team that played last night. They will get spanked in the playoffs if they don't toughen up. And I'm not talking about in the last 2 minutes of a piss poor effort. Montreal isn't the biggest, toughest team out there either, but they were 5 times what Buffalo was tonight.

I hate when teams do this. The Canadien had the perfect response: pointing up to the scoreboard.

Ruff didn't look very interested tonight as well, but when has he the past 3 or 4 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvJqM1NzuRo

Myers is starting to look human under the intensity of playoff hockey. The giveaways have been fairly alarming and consistent.

I'd like him to gain some pounds so he can be really intimidating. I know, he's only 20. Hope Ruff sees this trend and maybe

cuts back some minutes in the playoffs.

The team looks like world beaters against the bottom feeders but hand them a desperate team and they fold. There's alot of blame to go around here, from the coach's lines to crucial mistakes by the d, ineffective forwards that don't penetrate and Miller's occasional lapses... They might be easy pickins in the first round because it seems they don't have their act together.

Or maybe when Vanek, Kaleta and Connolly come back, it all magically comes together.

Archived