GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Foot In The Crease!

Great goal support. Another wasted effort by Miller. These guys oughta be ashamed.

GO SABRES!!!

Edit: Works every time. 2-2. Lucky bastards.

Good teams create their own luck!!!

Unlike most on this board, the Sabres never gave up!!!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

I've heard...

...if I had a dollar for everyone of Vaneks non-hockey type plays tonight, I could almost but a 12 pack of beer.

He's so one dimensional now. A shell of his former self. Totally ineffective at anything more than three feet from the crease.

Tonght's performance speaks volumes about the character of this team. I can't believe they can't get motivated for this game. They know Montreal was going to be desperate -- beat them and the Sabres make a real loud statement. Instead, the let the Habs dominate and dictate play.

I'm tempted to switch over to the Caps-Pens game. I saw flashes of intensity there.

I agree.

I typed this up with a few minutes to go and the score still 2-0. :D

Game thoughts...

- Best part of the game? Flipping over to the shootout of the Pit vs. Was game.

- Tallinder and Myers forgetting fundamentals on the first goal. Myers chases a Canadien behind the net and then Tallinder also goes behind the net and allows the guy to stick handle by him and make a pass for the goal.

- I thought the Sabres were supposed to be the quick finesse team, but I lost count of how many times it looked like the Sabres were skating in sand as the Canadiens went flying by them.

- Dreadful, awful, appalling, horrific, horrifying, horrible, horrendous, atrocious, abominable, deplorable, egregious, abhorrent, frightful, shocking, hideous, ghastly, grim, dire, unspeakable, gruesome, monstrous, sickening, heinous, vile PP.

- You know what happens to this team when they score 14 goals against 3 bottom feeders? They think it comes that easy against all teams.

- It's just one loss in late March against a team that is chasing you in the division....RELAX.

- Miller deserved a better fate.

Moral of the story and this applies not only to me, but also everyone who left the game early...it's not over until the fat lady sings! :D

Great comback I will admitt. I am thrilled and delighted. But this does not change the fact that they got major lucky getting out of that one alive. I wish they would show more consistency, but man, they can be so damn good when they want to be...

Archived