Anyone remember Torres hitting Helm?

nobody

I was busy during the game so I wasn't watching that closely, but I do remember the Detroit announcers bitching about some non-calls, maybe that was it. They did point out Kaleta and Torres as 'guys that would have to tame their game next year'.

The Detroit team wasn't too bad. The only annoying thing was every the Sabres did right was a mistake by the Wings (the Sabres couldn't have just made a better play, oh no). The Hecht goal was 'a gift'; to me it looked like Jochen making a quick play on a rebound.

WHAT???!!!! I don't remember that. And I doubt any Sabre fan would. Sabres don't do such things.

This is an outrageous claim!!!!

Nothing to see here. Please move along.

I never said the Sabres are above a cheap hit. I just don't remember the play.

Play by play log says Torres hit Helm with 9:53 to go in the second, then Helm hit Torres eight seconds later.

And if Helm was able to hit Torres 8 seconds later it doesn't seem like it was too severe. But if it was a severe hit I would like to send my appreciation to Helm for not doing the usual acting job you always see players do now whenever anyone gets within 6 inches of them.

I was busy during the game so I wasn't watching that closely, but I do remember the Detroit announcers bitching about some non-calls, maybe that was it. They did point out Kaleta and Torres as 'guys that would have to tame their game next year'.

Kaleta will have to look out, but he tends to hit people head on. That doesn't seem to be an issue with the crappy proposal that came out of the GM meeting.

WHAT???!!!! I don't remember that. And I doubt any Sabre fan would. Sabres don't do such things.

This is an outrageous claim!!!!

Nothing to see here. Please move along.

I can recall plenty of threads where Sabres fans are critical of dirty play by the Sabres.

I didn't see the Torres hit, though. Can't comment on it.

They showed a replay of the hit on the Detroit feed (which I was watching b/c it was in HD). It was a dirty hit -- to the head and from the blind side.

Dirty on the level of Chris Neil and Jarko Ruutu or just dirty by other teams standards? ;-).

My point is, there is no such thing as dirty if it's not on the "Ottawa Level"... because they currently define the word.

Dirty on the level of Chris Neil and Jarko Ruutu or just dirty by other teams standards? ;-).

My point is, there is no such thing as dirty if it's not on the "Ottawa Level"... because they currently define the word.

On the replay, it looked pretty obvious Torres was trying to hit him in the head.

Archived