Ruff says "I'll get 'em there"

PASabreFan

Postgame. Almost dismissively. Somewhat arrogantly.

He'll "get 'em there"? Get 'em back to playing the system. In a practice? After three years of tuning him out?

You are forgetting the first 5 or so games this year where everyone couldn't stop talking about the "new" system. Don't hear too much of that talk anymore. :o

He'll "get 'em there"? Get 'em back to playing the system. In a practice? After three years of tuning him out?

It's been a while, but: obtuse. Should we just pretend there were no personnel losses that affected the first 2 of those years? Should we also pretend that they didn't play very well for the 1st 45 games of this season?

It's been a while, but: obtuse. Should we just pretend there were no personnel losses that affected the first 2 of those years? Should we also pretend that they didn't play very well for the 1st 45 games of this season?

Bulletin: Miller didn't think they were playing well. "I've been pissed off for months."

on XM today I was listening to Boomer and his buds and he seemed to think that Miller carried them earlier in the season and that the team is just not very good. :(

Outside of the first 5 or so games of the season when the team play was outstanding, I would agree. It is all Miller.

He's posturing, for sure. But what would we have him say...'well, these guys just aren't going to get it done'? What good/quality coach gives up like that?

on XM today I was listening to Boomer and his buds and he seemed to think that Miller carried them earlier in the season and that the team is just not very good. :(

Ya think LOL! That guy is worn out stopping a bucket load of shots each night! Honestly if were not going to build a team around him...maybe we need to move him!

He's posturing, for sure. But what would we have him say...'well, these guys just aren't going to get it done'? What good/quality coach gives up like that?

I don't think he should have thrown Patrick and McCutcheon under the bus.

Agreed, its not like they should be held responsible for this teams short comings.

Neither should Ruff though. The roster catastrophe we see before us starts and stops with Larry Quinn and Darcy Regier.

With out a doubt Darcy Regier should be fired. Period.

Larry Quinn should be removed from anything related to Hockey Personnel decisions. If you expect this team to bring a championship to Buffalo, you first have to change the management team. This is the only way you are going to alter the course this team is heading. :beer:

Who the hell is "Boomer"?

he hosts/produces a couple of shows (Face Off, The Point) on XM's NHL Home Ice Channel (XM 204). He also shows up on most every other show on there from time to time. When I first started listening to Home Ice he was doing "In the Slot" with Phil Esposito. I like him, and I think he has a soft spot for the Sabres.

I didn't really interpret his comments like that...I felt that he was more calling out the players with an analogy that's pretty apt. Unless there was more than just the 'sub teachers' line and I missed it...?

#### Ruff. After winning the gold, he looked happier than I've ever seen him after a win in his twelve years here with the Sabres. And he was only the ass. coach.

Ruff is the ass coach, Babcock is the head coach, who is the vag coach?

Agreed, its not like they should be held responsible for this teams short comings.

Neither should Ruff though. The roster catastrophe we see before us starts and stops with Larry Quinn and Darcy Regier.

With out a doubt Darcy Regier should be fired. Period.

Larry Quinn should be removed from anything related to Hockey Personnel decisions. If you expect this team to bring a championship to Buffalo, you first have to change the management team. This is the only way you are going to alter the course this team is heading. :beer:

I could be wrong, but I think this has already happened and that DR has been calling the shots since the summer of 2008 -- ie re-signing Miller, Pommer, Hecht, trading for Rivet, etc. were all his moves. Have you seen anything recently that suggests that Quinn is still involved in hockey decisions? Not trying to argue -- just wondering if I've missed something.

If you recall, the first 15-20 games of the season, Buffalo routinely outshot opponents and I think led the league in SOG for a while (mid 30's per game?). They were playing damn good hockey. In the last 20 games or so, they seem to get outshot all the time and routinely dominated...for long stretches...even on home ice?!? I'm really blown away at how this club has regressed, other than Miller.

If you recall, the first 15-20 games of the season, Buffalo routinely outshot opponents and I think led the league in SOG for a while (mid 30's per game?). They were playing damn good hockey. In the last 20 games or so, they seem to get outshot all the time and routinely dominated...for long stretches...even on home ice?!? I'm really blown away at how this club has regressed, other than Miller.

Miller regressed too. Which makes his criticisms of his teammates kind of tough to listen to.

Miller regressed too. Which makes his criticisms of his teammates kind of tough to listen to.

Tell that to the silver shiny thing hanging around his neck.

Sorry, but that's ######. The guys in front of him are the ones to blame. Miller's been fine, save for 1 or 2 bad nights.

Sorry, but that's ######. The guys in front of him are the ones to blame. Miller's been fine, save for 1 or 2 bad nights.

If Miller had half the team that was playing in front of him for the Olympics playing for the Sabres, we would be a force to be reckoned with.

If Miller had half the team that was playing in front of him for the Olympics playing for the Sabres, we would be a force to be reckoned with.

Well, yeah.... there's a reason why Burke picked the best 23-players in the United States and theres a reason why their salaries combined to like $80 million. Sabres are at $46 million i think.

he hosts/produces a couple of shows (Face Off, The Point) on XM's NHL Home Ice Channel (XM 204). He also shows up on most every other show on there from time to time. When I first started listening to Home Ice he was doing "In the Slot" with Phil Esposito. I like him, and I think he has a soft spot for the Sabres.

I haven't had my XM for a while, but from what I remember of Boomer, the guy is a stellar hockey analyst. He's usually spot on when it comes to predicting who's going to win and lose games.

Here's his profile (third from top).

What does the Olympics have to do with the Sabres? Miller's play tailed off leading up the break. It's a fact. Not blaming him for the slump, but he's been part of the problem.

Archived