GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Vanek was way overdue this game nice move.

And the Germanic clan display their aptitude and skill. Go Vanek, Go Hecht, Go Grier. Go Sabres!

And Talinder is a hunter out there - good job on Gaustad's goal. He almost single handedly created that opportunity - very smart!!!

I agree...

I don't [agree as to whether Miller's games lately bode poorly for USA]. His head has been in Vancouver for a while now, and he'll do better there and will do better here after the break.

All that said...Nabakov was freaking Hasek tonight, and the Sabs still found a way to win. NICE effort tonight, and a nice game. Good to hit the break with a strong win, maybe even a statement win, over a very good team.

I missed the entire game except the last 3 minutes. Glad they got a win before the break. :)

It was well played defensively with very few mistakes.

A convincing win against whats probably the best team in the NHL

Nice way to bounce back before the break :thumbsup:

It was well played defensively with very few mistakes.

A convincing win against whats probably the best team in the NHL

Nice way to bounce back before the break :thumbsup:

Agree, they played much better. 4 out of 6 points this week a good bounceback from 0 for 8 last week. Defense played much better.

Now that's Sabre hockey :thumbsup:

Looks like Detroit will finish off the Sens ( done deal 4-1 )

"Sabre Hockey" is beating a west coast team at the end of a long road trip facing a two week vacation? Hopefully for the Sabres the remaining schedule is full of those scenarios. :doh:

They got two points from a team that clearly started their Olympic break early. All that has been accomplished is giving Quinn and Regier another excuse not to do anything.

I guess it makes it easier for Regier, Quinn and many fans to ignore that the Sabres were a desperate team and this may have been their biggest game of the year while San Jose was just looking to get home and won't even remember they played in Buffalo let alone lost by the time their players land in San Jose or Vancouver.

Archived