[Game Day] Lightning @ Sabres 7:00PM

SDS

game over. 8-5 sabres

call me crazy, but i'll take this 8-5 victory over an 8-0 shelacking. Goaltending was terrible. Defense sucked. penalty kill sucked. so did clearing the puck, neutral zone play, and for the most part there was zero sustained offensive zone play. With that said, this victory was a sure fire loss in the past. The sabres get their 2 points and now play for first place in the division against philly on saturday, with this crappy victory in their minds. I'm so glad to see this team pull off a victory in a game that they should have lost.

Now, bring on the 8-0 shelacking of a team that matters, the cryers.

2 assists tonight, not bad. He's also +2 for the game - pretty impressive considering the Sabres gave up 5.

I didn't put him down as player or person..... just his point production. :blink:

game over. 8-5 sabres

I'm so glad to see this team pull off a victory in a game that they should have lost.

The sign of a good team that can win that way.

That being said, this is the 2nd one in the last 3 that they "should have lost". Hope this doesn't become a habit.

I didn't put him down as player or person..... just his point production. :blink:

I only posted his numbers for the night prefaced by my opinion -- and all I said was "not bad."

I'm not sure what lead you to believe that I was defending him from an attack you feel you never made. :wacko:

They were his first points in 16 games and if I was implying anything it was that getting a couple of assists in a single game is a nice way to break a slump.

It'd sure be nice to have 18 guys with 30+ goals and 50+ assists but that's NEVER happened in the history of the game and it never will. Every team needs guys who are willing to grind and do the little things (like killing penalties, facing the other teams number one, etc). The Wings had the grind line (Maltby, Draper, McCarty) when they were winning Cups, the Devils were littered with guys like Marshall, Pandolfo, Stevenson, John Madden, etc. That's just a couple of examples

That's what it takes to be successful and keep your stars fresh for PPs and late game heroics. Mike Grier is a VERY important player to our success.

It'd sure be nice to have 18 guys with 30+ goals and 50+ assists but that's NEVER happened in the history of the game and it never will. Every team needs guys who are willing to grind and do the little things (like killing penalties, facing the other teams number one, etc). The Wings had the grind line (Maltby, Draper, McCarty) when they were winning Cups, the Devils were littered with guys like Marshall, Pandolfo, Stevenson, John Madden, etc. That's just a couple of examples

That's what it takes to be successful and keep your stars fresh for PPs and late game heroics. Mike Grier is a VERY important player to our success.

Heck yeah.

There is a God!!!

It is so nice to hear your funny voice RJ! :D

I figured since it was RJ, I'd celebrate and crack a few cold ones open...usually don't do that during the week.

Question I have is why (if there's a choice between feeds) would CI play a "newer" team's feed. For example, local Thrasher (or insert warm climate expansion team) fans can watch it on Turner South and the two Thrasher fans that don't live in Atlanta can experience the majesty of RJ.

As for the relo teams I doubt there's any old Jet fans that still follow the Coyotes. Same for the Whalers - Canes, Stars and uh, Stars. If it had been the Sabres who moved insted of one of the aforementioned teams I wouldn't spend on penny or exert an ounce of interest on the "new' team.

Kinda weird seeing you with one of the fewest numbers of posts on the board... ;)

He does stand out a little though because so many contribute. Probably 7-10 players will have 40+ points this year, and most of the others either are stay at home d-men or have been hurt for extended periods. But you still make sense. He does his job.

Campy - I just clicked on your signature line. I LOVE IT! A different mix but Tommy Calandra brings back VERY fond memories of my youth. I still have the 45, just nothing to play it on.

I think I've played it 4 or 5 times tonight...