[Game Day] Lightning @ Sabres 7:00PM

SDS

When Briere went down, a lot of people were like it's not that big of a deal, we have a lot of good forwards...and it is true we have alot of good ones, but I think Briere is our most talented, and I think he has been since he got here. That's just my opinion, but look at the lift this guy has given us since he came back....5 points in the last 2 games, add in tonight and its 7 in the last 3.....he is one of the most underrated players in the league

When Briere went down, a lot of people were like it's not that big of a deal, we have a lot of good forwards...and it is true we have alot of good ones, but I think Briere is our most talented, and I think he has been since he got here. That's just my opinion, but look at the lift this guy has given us since he came back....5 points in the last 2 games, add in tonight and its 7 in the last 3.....he is one of the most underrated players in the league

He was just starting to get noticed right before he was hurt...

What an appropriate time for our D to show how weak it can be, hours after trade deadline.

As long as the forwards score one more than our D allows, I'm OK with them... ;) There is going to be games like these...

What an appropriate time for our D to show how weak it can be, hours after trade deadline.

On a side note, it seems Miller has lost his touch against teams associated with Team USA, giving up 4 against Atlanta and now 4 against Tampa.

They've only given up 1 even strength -- Tampa's hit us for 3 PP goals (on 7 attempts).

On a side note, it seems Miller has lost his touch against teams associated with Team USA, giving up 4 against Atlanta and now 4 against Tampa.

Um, you're counting the empty netter against him too?

Just a side note for everyone complaining about our D...Lydman and Tallinder have been on the ice for all 4 Tampa's goals. They are usually not our problem. Besides, I didn't see many guys traded today that really would have made our defensive corps that much better.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20052006/PL020929.HTM

Um, you're counting the empty netter against him too?

Oops :blush:

Still, it seems he has lost his touch against these teams, no?

Also, I'm not complaining about the inactivity, I just found the timing a little amusing. I like the team as it is. Sure, it would have been nice to shore up the defense, but I think we have what it takes regardless.

Oops :blush:

Still, it seems he has lost his touch against these teams, no?

Also, I'm not complaining about the inactivity, I just found the timing a little amusing. I like the team as it is. Sure, it would have been nice to shore up the defense, but I think we have what it takes regardless.

Funny thing about that is, he is probably having one of his weaker nights of the year, and he still showed up Grahame. :D