GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Kessel? He would have been a great addition to the Sabres. They could certainly use a player of his caliber on the power play. Even with his current troubles I would easily give up multiple 1st round picks and players for a 24 year of the level.

Monty probably won't be a healthy scratch. How often are the Sabres in a position to scratch a healthy blueliner? Take that into consideration along with Toni Lydman's game falling off the face of the earth and the Sabres have a shortage of competent bodies on the blueline. Myers, Tallinder and Butler are a decent top three. Rivet is fourth by default (nice job of pimping him for playing 21 minutes on a night the Sabres give up 50 shots :doh: ). Monty has done a decent job on the bottom pair. Lindy is using him well at 10-15 minutes a night. Ideally the Sabres will pick up a top four level guy to slot with Butler to give a solid 1-2 pairings. Drop Rivet down to the bottom pair and let Monty and Lydman fight for the 6th spot. A wild card can be Sekera. If he is ever healthy and can keep his head on straight it changes the makeup of the defense.

Well, the Leafs gave up exactly that for him. Let's see how happy they are with their trade. I think there's a high likelihood they'll be ready to jump off a bridge next summer when the Bruins are picking 3rd or 4th overall with the Leafs' pick.

As for the D -- first, you continue to confuse shots against with quality of team defense. Do you think the Leafs dominated the game last night? Do you think they had a ton of scoring chances? Also, Montador is averaging 18 minutes a night, not "10-15." But why let the facts get in the way of a good irrational theory?

As for changes to the D -- do you think the Sabres are going to bring in another defenseman for a playoff run? I can see them trying to bring in a forward who can score (like when they brought in Gilmour 12 years or so ago -- a guy like that would be great), but not a defenseman.

As for changes to the D -- do you think the Sabres are going to bring in another defenseman for a playoff run? I can see them trying to bring in a forward who can score (like when they brought in Gilmour 12 years or so ago -- a guy like that would be great), but not a defenseman.

I kinda hope they bring in a PP qb. Myers work had been unreal but the Sabres still need someone there. If they could bring in a player like this and a gritty scorer with playoff experience I really like their chances for a deep run.

I kinda hope they bring in a PP qb. Myers work had been unreal but the Sabres still need someone there. If they could bring in a player like this and a gritty scorer with playoff experience I really like their chances for a deep run.

Gulp... Did Inkman just say a deep run?

I don't think Lindy changed. I think Lindy made a change. To a system that works better with the lack of talent we have up front. He gave them the chance to prove they could still do it the last few seasons and it didn't work out. Different system, better results (when the players decide they want to buy into it, game depending).

The coach is the system.

1. I've been a bit slow on the Myers bandwagon. I've wondered if, as fans, we we're just in desperate need of a messiah. But my gosh I'm there now. This Texan can play hockey.

Texas born, Alberta trained because otherwise he would be playing boring ass basketball........ :beer:

The coach is the system.

The coach implements the system. Any coach can choose to run any style of system. The way you make a hockey team play isn't something new or secret or individualized to each coach. New Jersey has been playing the same system for arguably over a decade and has had 9 different coaches since 1992. Those coaches had nothing to do with the system, they just continued to implement it.

Lindy didn't change, he just changed systems. There is a difference.

The coach implements the system. Any coach can choose to run any style of system. The way you make a hockey team play isn't something new or secret or individualized to each coach. New Jersey has been playing the same system for arguably over a decade and has had 9 different coaches since 1992. Those coaches had nothing to do with the system, they just continued to implement it.

Lindy didn't change, he just changed systems. There is a difference.

If You don't think Lindy is coaching differently this year (with certain exceptions) then I don't know what to tell you. The coach is the system is the coach. He has the final say.

Well, that does sound pretty good.

No pants, a deep run. Maybe PA is locked up in Ink's basement rather then Chz's.

nice.

Texas born, Alberta trained because otherwise he would be playing boring ass basketball........ :beer:

Nice new avatar!

Well, the Leafs gave up exactly that for him. Let's see how happy they are with their trade. I think there's a high likelihood they'll be ready to jump off a bridge next summer when the Bruins are picking 3rd or 4th overall with the Leafs' pick.

As for the D -- first, you continue to confuse shots against with quality of team defense. Do you think the Leafs dominated the game last night? Do you think they had a ton of scoring chances? Also, Montador is averaging 18 minutes a night, not "10-15." But why let the facts get in the way of a good irrational theory?

You do know that Kessel is in his early 20's?

Monty? 18 minutes? That makes his lack of hits and blocked shots even more disturbing. That puts him head of Sekera who can't stay healthy and Lydman who doesn't seem interested in staying in the NHL. Number five by default. Good job. :thumbsup:

If the Sabres don't pick up another blueliner they are fools. This teams needs a top level d-man who knows how to do the little things to win in the playoffs. giving up 30 shots in the playoffs will get you beat.

Archived