Flyers Fire Stevens

rbochan

Heck, any team stupid enough to sign Emery to anything other than driving the zamboni are clearly desperate, and cannot be counted on to make rational decisions.

You have just insulted the fine workers league-wide that drive the zambonis. B-)

FWIW I heard the Flyers have had a scout in Atlanta watching Lehtonen work out for the past week. Not sure of their level of interest, but obviously they intend to do something about their goaltending.

They are also very interested in Jaroslav Halak. Supposetly, Montreal media thinks tonight is a showcase game for Halak to Philly...

• 2 months later...

You couldn't just say "hip surgery" could you? Instead you force us all to head to TSN to see just what the hell avascular necrosis is. :thumbdown:

From the Mayo Clinic

Avascular necrosis is the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply. Also called osteonecrosis, avascular necrosis can lead to tiny breaks in the bone and the bone's eventual collapse.

The blood flow to a section of bone can be interrupted if the bone is fractured or the joint becomes dislocated. Avascular necrosis is also associated with long-term use of high-dose steroid medications and excessive alcohol intake.

The most common joint affected by avascular necrosis is the hip. Avascular necrosis worsens with time, so managing it is a lifelong process.

From the Mayo Clinic

Avascular necrosis is the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply. Also called osteonecrosis, avascular necrosis can lead to tiny breaks in the bone and the bone's eventual collapse.

The blood flow to a section of bone can be interrupted if the bone is fractured or the joint becomes dislocated. Avascular necrosis is also associated with long-term use of high-dose steroid medications and excessive alcohol intake.

The most common joint affected by avascular necrosis is the hip. Avascular necrosis worsens with time, so managing it is a lifelong process.

Oh, you meant osteonecrosis. Why didn't you just say so?

wow, i feel bad for the guy. that sounds terrible. as someone living with permanent osteoarthritic problems stemming directly from athletics, i can tell you it sucks really bad to know the thing that makes you feel the healthiest and most alive can also leave you permanently disabled. i hope that's not what he's looking at, but it does not sound good.

Archived