HSBC Veterans... Which seats would you choose?

SDS

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which seats would you choose?

• 306 - Row 2
    • 106 - Row 21
    • 217 - Row 4

I love the 300 level loge seats - right in the middle where 306 is ideal for the 300. However, the 200's give you just that little bit more intimacy. I dunno, but I if were buying tickets for a game that I don't already have tickets to and had a chance for those 200 level seats, I'd take them over the 300's. But I have mini pack with 300 seats already - if I didn't go to games much then either location would be good.

The 200's are what I will gun for next season.

Every time I sit in the 100's it seems like I miss too much of the entire game and have to use the big TV to keep up.

For nearly the same money, I'd have to go for 106, row 21. I sat in 106, row 15 for the Portland game and the seats were near-perfect. I've also sat in PA's 117, row 20 (basically the other side of the ice) and they were great, too. Much below that and you don't have as good of view of everything and you're looking through the glass at much of it (I sat in row 8 for last year's Portland game and it was too close.)

Based on my limited experience (at Sabres games), the only problem with seats that low is that most of the people around you are casual fans at best, who just happen to have enough money to afford those seats. They talk about other things during the game, make stupid/ignorant comments and are otherwise less spirited than many in the 300s. Of course, sometimes in the 300s you get a different kind of annoying, so pick your poison.

Lower while more expensive isn't really better. We sat behind the penalty box last year - about 8 rows up & I'd rather have been higher up. The club level is nice but pricey - the convenience is good though with little ones.

Yeah, as I said, row 8 was too close. The sweet spot, for me anyway, is in the 15-20 range. Once you can see over the boards, being close is nice.

For nearly the same money, I'd have to go for 106, row 21. I sat in 106, row 15 for the Portland game and the seats were near-perfect. I've also sat in PA's 117, row 20 (basically the other side of the ice) and they were great, too. Much below that and you don't have as good of view of everything and you're looking through the glass at much of it (I sat in row 8 for last year's Portland game and it was too close.)

Based on my limited experience (at Sabres games), the only problem with seats that low is that most of the people around you are casual fans at best, who just happen to have enough money to afford those seats. They talk about other things during the game, make stupid/ignorant comments and are otherwise less spirited than many in the 300s. Of course, sometimes in the 300s you get a different kind of annoying, so pick your poison.

I think you meant TW's?!

I love my seats in the 117 level, especially because they are on the aisle. However, I previously had club level seats and for a one game basis, they are what i would choose for the parking, the service and the Club.

Like others have said, the 300 level has a lot to offer as well, most notably like Carp alluded to, the fact that you are almost always amongst people who love the game.

I sit in 318 row 3, and absolutely love my seats. If I could change anything, I'd swap out the ladies room right outside the aisle to a mens room and it'd be perfect.

I like sitting down in the 200's, the service is great and so is the view. It's fun to do a couple times a year, but for the money I'll stay up top on a seasonly basis. It's mostly STH's that low in the upper bowl so by now we all pretty much know each other and have had very little turnover the last couple years. It's nice.

Ideally, when I make my millions I'll buy a suite. Now THAT'S living it up.

I bought the 106's.

On the blueline, seats 1 and 2, row 21, on the aisle. There are only 22 rows in the section. I think the concrete barrier to the concession stands starts right behind the seats.

Same seats I had! Take an earplug for your right ear, as there's a lady in right behind you that's a bit annoying.

Great seats, but don't say I didn't warn you!

Same seats I had! Take an earplug for your right ear, as there's a lady in right behind you that's a bit annoying.

Great seats, but don't say I didn't warn you!

Seats are such a crap shoot for that very reason. Either you get sat behind Lurch or yoyo man or you are too close to obnoxiousness.

What's most important for me is sitting in the end where the Sabres shoot twice (and overtime/shootout if necessary). I always request this along with sitting as high as possible in the section. Every year I get the end I want but I'm never higher than row 10. Before the lockout, I could get seats that were higher, but with season ticket demand, they don't give mini-pack holders in the 100 Level II seats higher than row 10. It is tough to see the play in the other end if the puck is in the near corner, so I do have to use the jumbo-tron sometimes. That having been said, I love being close to the action and seeing the goals go in right in front of me and feeling the hits along the boards is priceless.

We have row six in 306 and they have been great.

I always pine for the first or second row of the balcony, so row 2 in 306 would be cool.

The middle 100 level sections are all great if you are at about the 15th row or higher.

Never sat in the 200 level for a hockey game.

It took a long time for the HSBC to grow on me, but it has, and the vibe is mostly positive.

The regular season and playoffs of 05-06 changed everthing for me.

It inspired this haiku:

When the Lights Go Down

Sabretooth Drops to the Ice

Cue “Street Fighting Man

It is the only haiku to reference both a Triumph song title and Rolling Stones song title within it.

I look forward to those good feelings returning this Spring. :thumbsup:

I sit in 318 row 3, and absolutely love my seats. If I could change anything, I'd swap out the ladies room right outside the aisle to a mens room and it'd be perfect.

I like sitting down in the 200's, the service is great and so is the view. It's fun to do a couple times a year, but for the money I'll stay up top on a seasonly basis. It's mostly STH's that low in the upper bowl so by now we all pretty much know each other and have had very little turnover the last couple years. It's nice.

Ideally, when I make my millions I'll buy a suite. Now THAT'S living it up.

Same section as mine.

300's are great. Much more fan involvement and I can be an ass (sometimes) without being called one. Had seasons there since 2004.

I'm farther up top, able to look at the TV's in the pressbox for replay's, etc. Sometimes you can see the Sabres that aren't playing sitting up there. One game it was Goose when he cut his leg. I can't remember the game but they were reviewing the goal, I looked up to watch the TV replay and started yelling It's GOOD It's Good! only to see Goose standing up, looking straight at me nodding his head with a grin.

Been at the glass in the 100's, it's great, you can see the speed and size of the players, but like everyone says, you watch half the game on the Jumbotron. 200's are good for business, service, more bathrooms, etc. I still prefer the 300's. You can see the plays develop, both ends of the rink (as long as you aren't in the ends), scream all you want, but yeah, they could switch the mens and ladies restrooms. Although the mens room is next to the big beer line!

Although the mens room is next to the big beer line!

Ironic, isn't it?

My intermission ritual is run to the closest register with no one in line as soon as the period ends. Hang out with my friends (there are a few groups of us that have seasons within 3 sections, and we all hang out in the same spot), then with about 3 minutes to go head to the pisser. The big beer line always takes too long for my liking.

Archived