[OT] Treadmill Recommendation...

LabattBlue

I am looking for a treadmill for walking and maybe light jogging. I am looking at the Sole F63...

http://www.soletreadmills.com/details.php?name=F63

If you buy directly from the manufacturer, there is free shipping and no sales tax. :thumbsup:

Anyone know of a significantly better one for $1000???

I bought a Sole about 4 years ago. No problems whatsoever. I bought them because they have lifetime warranty on the motor and frame.

Mine is an F80, pretty much the same as the one you point out, but has the heart monitor on the handles and a strap for your chest. Really helps you get to your 'zone'. Although it didn't have the speakers on it yet.

My only suggestion when you get it is don't use an extension cord (or at least use a very good one), it sucks a lot of power and the motor will strain if the juice isn't flowing good.

One more thing I just remembered. I purchased it just before Christmas at for $1,299. It went on sale after Christmas for $999. I went back and used the stores 30 day return policy to get the better price.

Just saying you may want to wait until mid December so you can get an after Christmas sale price (possibly)?

and... has free shipping too.

I have bought two Weslo treadmills over the last 14 years, and the first one was my first treadmill and it lasted 4 yrs (had to replace belt twice) and the second one is currently 4yrs old and seems to be going strong. In between I had a Proforma that lasted 2 yrs (although incline broke in 2 months) and another one (can't remember brand) that also only lasted a year or so. The first 3 were all in the $400 range (electric up to 10 mph with incline and 17 inch wide belt) and this last one was $600, electric w/incline and folds up with 18 inch wide belt, and I got the 4yr warranty, which I didn't need to use and has now expired. Also I have not had to change the belt on this one, but I think the quality has improved. So I would recommend the Weslo.

I bought a Sole about 4 years ago. No problems whatsoever. I bought them because they have lifetime warranty on the motor and frame.

Mine is an F80, pretty much the same as the one you point out, but has the heart monitor on the handles and a strap for your chest. Really helps you get to your 'zone'. Although it didn't have the speakers on it yet.

My only suggestion when you get it is don't use an extension cord (or at least use a very good one), it sucks a lot of power and the motor will strain if the juice isn't flowing good.

I looked at the F80, but for $500 more, I didn't see much difference for someone who won't be doing heavy running on it.

One more thing I just remembered. I purchased it just before Christmas at for $1,299. It went on sale after Christmas for $999. I went back and used the stores 30 day return policy to get the better price.

Just saying you may want to wait until mid December so you can get an after Christmas sale price (possibly)?

...but you have to pay tax! :rolleyes:

I have bought two Weslo treadmills over the last 14 years, and the first one was my first treadmill and it lasted 4 yrs (had to replace belt twice) and the second one is currently 4yrs old and seems to be going strong. In between I had a Proforma that lasted 2 yrs (although incline broke in 2 months) and another one (can't remember brand) that also only lasted a year or so. The first 3 were all in the $400 range (electric up to 10 mph with incline and 17 inch wide belt) and this last one was $600, electric w/incline and folds up with 18 inch wide belt, and I got the 4yr warranty, which I didn't need to use and has now expired. Also I have not had to change the belt on this one, but I think the quality has improved. So I would recommend the Weslo.

Thanks. I might just go with the cheapie, even though its online reputation is bad (although I keep hearing from people that they're OK). I don't want to risk that much money, because odds are I won't use it/like it.

I am looking for a treadmill for walking and maybe light jogging. I am looking at the Sole F63...

http://www.soletreadmills.com/details.php?name=F63

If you buy directly from the manufacturer, there is free shipping and no sales tax. :thumbsup:

Anyone know of a significantly better one for $1000???

In NY you are required, on the state income tax form, to report items you buy from out of state vendors and pay the tax.

Thanks. I might just go with the cheapie, even though its online reputation is bad (although I keep hearing from people that they're OK). I don't want to risk that much money, because odds are I won't use it/like it.

I've had the same Weslo, can't remember the model, for about 13-14 years. It gets used 4-5 times per week and is still going strong. I paid about $600 if I recall correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas is coming to town, I am sure that you can purchase a treadmill that is lower than $1000. Just make sure that the treadmill they will gave you was not the one in the stockroom. It's a little bit dangerous because you will not be sure if the quality is still good. There are also possibilities that the treadmill you will purchase is the one which is not motorized (if you will go to the branded ones)so better search in the internet first before buying.

treadmills for sale | treadmills

Christmas is coming to town, I am sure that you can purchase a treadmill that is lower than $1000. Just make sure that the treadmill they will gave you was not the one in the stockroom. It's a little bit dangerous because you will not be sure if the quality is still good. There are also possibilities that the treadmill you will purchase is the one which is not motorized (if you will go to the branded ones)so better search in the internet first before buying.

treadmills for sale | treadmills

So what are your thoughts on fixing the Sabres power play?

Whatever you do, do NOT make the mistake of trying to shop for this online at .com. Made that mistake once. At work, no less. It is not an online sporting goods retailer.

Archived