Whether or not you "believe" in this team yet...

eball

We all know how those seasons ended.

Indeed. I can't fully believe in any team until Lord Stanley's Cup is paraded through Niagara Square. Until then, I'm just waiting for the in season meltdown and 9th place finish or the always fantastic kick to the nuts from the hockey gods after a deep playoff run. But yes, I am enjoying this start. :thumbsup:

We've complained in the past that we can't beat the bottom feeders. We have. We've complained in the past that the team doesn't have any grit. We do. We've complained in the past that this team doesn't work hard every night. So far they pretty much have. We've got 17 of a possible 20 points to start the year. Ya I believe in this team. But lets just remember one thing.....we're one Ryan Miller injury away from 9th place....

We've complained in the past that we can't beat the bottom feeders. We have. We've complained in the past that the team doesn't have any grit. We do. We've complained in the past that this team doesn't work hard every night. So far they pretty much have. We've got 17 of a possible 20 points to start the year. Ya I believe in this team. But lets just remember one thing.....we're one Ryan Miller injury away from 9th place....

I clearly believe they are a better team this year. It's the tangibles that all point upwards.. Faceoffs, much improved ... 3rd-4th line scoring, improved ... team toughness, much improved ... clutch scoring, improved ... home record, improved ... holding leads, improved .. beating teams you should, improved..

I'm waiting for games against Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal, Rangers, and Carolina to see how much improved they are. But I'm clearly jazzed.. This has been fun....

Leary Buffalo sports fan heart broken too many times before you bet,,,,,,

die hard hockey fan who loves when his team is winning absolutely, :thumbsup: .. ugly, pretty doesn't matter when you win(or drink to much but that's a different topic)...

Hell ya whats' not to like about being the top team in your division, 3rd in the East conference.. Enjoy it when you have it and you can.

I think the start is great. Kina beings back memories from a couple of seasons ago. But, I"m not completely ready to buy in that they've gotten away from some of their bad habits. But, they are definitely improved from the previous non-playoff seasons. I'll be convinced if they can prevent those 3-4 game losing streaks like last couple of years. They haven't had a rough spot yet. I'm also convinced if Ryan goes down for more than a couple of games, we're totally hosed. I think Marty's a FA again next year.

The only thing that matters right now is that they are accumulating points. They have done well to take advantage of the soft schedule. They do have two quality wins against Detroit and New Jersey. As was pointed out in a previous thread they are doing it without their big guns really firing. As far as "believing?" Like everyone I want to see them when they start really getting into it with the top teams in the East.

Archived