GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

In baseball they say you'll win 50, lose 50 and it's what you do with the other 50 that makes the season..

I'm extending that to hockey and say, you'll win 20, lose 20 and it's what you do with the other 40 that makes the season. I'm chalking this game up to one of those lose 20 games...

The Isles goal is closed tonight... It just is...

You turn off Sabre games? What are you doing on a board for diehards?

I'm sorry, I didn't see where it says: GAME DISCUSSION THREAD FOR DIEHARD FANS ONLY.

As the song says, you gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em. When I left the game the Sabres were losing 2 - 0 and looking pretty lame in the process. It appears they are down 4 - 0 now and it's in the third period. I'm a big Sabres fan, but quite frankly when they suck, they suck. Stuff happens. I'm not going to waste my time watching Roy and Vanek not score and Miller fall flat. I decided that I saw enough. I'd much rather watch an entertaining game. If that offends you, tough beans. You can always ignore my posts.

This is what the last couple of games has been leading to. You can only win ugly so many times.

Sorry I'm a "Johnny come lately" to this thread. I had a premonition earlier in the day that the Sabres were due for a loss. Sorry if that statement offends my fellow fans. However, I also know that some of us knew this was coming.

well I'm with PA. I just can't seem to turn the channel even when they suck. This is my team even when they suck. This is my life :bag:

I'll be back for the next game, and the game after that and the game after that. And I'll most likely actually spend money to see the Sabres in person when I'm in town. But the fact of the matter is the Sabres sucked the big one like Linda Lovelace tonight. And they won ugly last night, so the trend line is not favorable. Given the choice, I'd rather be entertained than watch a drowning man flail away. By the way, the Leafs (who I don't care for) just made it interesting with 3 minutes to go. That late score made a compelling argument for watching HNIC.

I'll be back for the next game, and the game after that and the game after that. And I'll most likely actually spend money to see the Sabres in person when I'm in town. But the fact of the matter is the Sabres sucked the big one like Linda Lovelace tonight. And they won ugly last night, so the trend line is not favorable. Given the choice, I'd rather be entertained than watch a drowning man flail away. By the way, the Leafs (who I don't care for) just made it interesting with 3 minutes to go. That late score made a compelling argument for watching HNIC.

I caught a few seconds of the Leafs-Habs game. Sorry, but the Barber pole uniforms look really silly.

I caught a few seconds of the Leafs-Habs game. Sorry, but the Barber pole uniforms look really silly.

they're not just silly, they're a joke -- like 1930's cartoon jailbirds or something, but the game was much more entertaining than what the Sabre provided, despite the Canadiens' clown-like uniforms. I mean here they were on the road in a rink that was maybe half full and sounded like a funeral parlor during a wake. The game was theirs for the taking. But they laid an egg. A big freaking egg. If I'm going to invest my time, I expect an honest effort in return. And I wasn't geting that from the Sabres tonight. So I looked for a better alternative.

I was out and got home to catch the very last goal, then turned it off.

Ryan Miller's record: 8-0-1.

Lalime: 0-2-0.

I thought we should have ditched Lalime for Manny Legace last year when he was waived. Lalime is finished.

Miller gets the loss.

Archived