Big Decision Week

Hawk

Sounds like the players know they have to fight to keep Myers up.

You and I must think alike. I love a good conspiracy theory, you? The comment from Rivet really jumps out. Have some of the players heard about Myers possibly being sent back? Or at least do they suspect something like that?

Sounds like the players know they have to fight to keep Myers up.

You and I must think alike. I love a good conspiracy theory, you? The comment from Rivet really jumps out. Have some of the players heard about Myers possibly being sent back? Or at least do they suspect something like that?

Hey negative Nancies, the only reason the comment from Rivet jumps out, is the the captain just called a 19 year old their best defenseman. A reporter asks if he thinks Myers will be sent down, and he responds with "Why would you send down your best defenseman?" Somehow you turn in into the Sabres want to send him down? You guys should get together and have a grinch party.

Hey negative Nancies, the only reason the comment from Rivet jumps out, is the the captain just called a 19 year old their best defenseman. A reporter asks if he thinks Myers will be sent down, and he responds with "Why would you send down your best defenseman?" Somehow you turn in into the Sabres want to send him down? You guys should get together and have a grinch party.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Rivet thinks Myers is the Sabres' best defenseman. That's why I take it for what it is -- a comment by the captain meant to put pressure on the organization not to #%^$#! this decision up. Which makes me wonder why the captain is even thinking that way. Which makes me think the captain heard something.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Rivet thinks Myers is the Sabres' best defenseman. That's why I take it for what it is -- a comment by the captain meant to put pressure on the organization not to #%^$#! this decision up. Which makes me wonder why the captain is even thinking that way. Which makes me think the captain heard something.

Why wouldn't he think Myers has been the best defenseman? He has been the best and Rivet has been around long enough to know talent when he sees it. You don't really think that Lindy Ruff and Darcy Regier let Rivet know what they talk about behind closed doors do you? This was a comment that was truthful when asked a question...he has no hidden agenda.

I would guess that the captain was thinking that way because the reporter asked him a question. As far as I know, Rivet didn't unprompted press conference to announce Myers was their best defenseman. Question asked, question answered.

I would guess that the captain was thinking that way because the reporter asked him a question. As far as I know, Rivet didn't unprompted press conference to announce Myers was their best defenseman. Question asked, question answered.

Don't go and shatter old man PA's belief that every single comment is well planned shot at someone. I miss the days where he used to pass of any Afinogenov comments as communist propaganda. And that time that Derek Roy said he had a hotdog for lunch? Yeah, that got ugly.

I don't think he's going down either. It would be an insane move. It's just weird that Darcy keeps saying he hasn't made up his mind. Why? To continue to dangle the carrot in front of Myers? This has been my mantra of late -- I don't get it.

Don't go and shatter old man PA's belief that every single comment is well planned shot at someone. I miss the days where he used to pass of any Afinogenov comments as communist propaganda. And that time that Derek Roy said he had a hotdog for lunch? Yeah, that got ugly.

I love latent homosexuality.

Seriously, Rivet's been around. He knows the question is coming. I don't think that quote just popped out of his head. Rivet must have some doubt about what the organization is going to do. I might be too suspicious, but some of you are very, very naive.

I don't think he's going down either. It would be an insane move. It's just weird that Darcy keeps saying he hasn't made up his mind. Why? To continue to dangle the carrot in front of Myers? This has been my mantra of late -- I don't get it.

I think think that's exactly what it is. I really wouldn't be surprised to see them make random comments that they can send him back at any point after he's still here next week. I think it's a good way to deal with a 19 year old kid. Keep a good head on his shoulders and keep him motivated. Sure, it could blow up in their faces, but I think I'd do the same exact thing.

Paille indeed was the odd man out.With him out of the picture,the roster seems pretty set for a good amount of time.

I'd still like to see them attempt a trade using Tallinder or Lydman,on or before the deadline. I could do without Shakira as well,considering he has pretty good trade value,but thats just me. Either way i want to see DR get value out of Hank or Toni before they walk. Which ever one has more value should be traded,the other should walk for cap space.

Its too bad that the space they will receive once Hank leaves will be used on Pominville's pay increase next season.

Pommers only goes up by a million next season. Assuming they don't re-sign/trade Toni or Hank, it's 2.6/2.8 less cap hit. There's really no worries there.

The worries at the end of this season are what/who are you going to sign with MacArthur, Grier, Kennedy, Mair, Kaleta, and Ellis becoming RFA/UFA's.

As far as Myers, as you know, his ninth game is Wed. That game doesn't mean anything, it's the tenth game that does. Ruff and Regier are just playing the cards right. What if he got hurt today in practice? wed? thurs? fri? and they already said they want to keep him? While them saying it now doesn't mean anything, he still needs to play that tenth game, it would just come across differently if they said it before Friday nights game.

If he got hurt before Friday nights game he could go on IR I assume and wouldn't need to be sent down (not to offend Hockey gods).

As far as Myers, as you know, his ninth game is Wed. That game doesn't mean anything, it's the tenth game that does. Ruff and Regier are just playing the cards right. What if he got hurt today in practice? wed? thurs? fri? and they already said they want to keep him? While them saying it now doesn't mean anything, he still needs to play that tenth game, it would just come across differently if they said it before Friday nights game.

If he got hurt before Friday nights game he could go on IR I assume and wouldn't need to be sent down (not to offend Hockey gods).

If he's injured and on IR, he can't be sent down. It's a CBA violation. He would still earn his NHL salary, but they would have to wait until they take him off of IR to send him down or dress him for that 10th game. If they tried to send him back to juniors while injured without IRing him, the junior team would be very mad and there would also be a grievance filed by the NHLPA.

Pommers only goes up by a million next season. Assuming they don't re-sign/trade Toni or Hank, it's 2.6/2.8 less cap hit. There's really no worries there.

The worries at the end of this season are what/who are you going to sign with MacArthur, Grier, Kennedy, Mair, Kaleta, and Ellis becoming RFA/UFA's.

MacArthur - Re-signed to a multi-year deal. 3 years 1.9 per year.

Kennedy - Re-signed to a multi-year deal. 3 years 1.3 per year.

Mair- See you later.

Kaleta Re-signed to a multi-year deal. 3 years 900k per year.

Ellis - Take him or leave him. I'd like to see ho this year goes.

MacArthur - Re-signed to a multi-year deal. 3 years 1.9 per year.

Kennedy - Re-signed to a multi-year deal. 3 years 1.3 per year.

Mair- See you later.

Kaleta Re-signed to a multi-year deal. 3 years 900k per year.

Ellis - Take him or leave him. I'd like to see ho this year goes.

If Mac can hold up the pace he's working at right now, then I see this as a good deal. The problem in the past has been consistency, much like the rest of the roster. I'm not really sure if Mac is "getting it" or is just hot, but if he cools down and ends the season with less that 20 goals he's as good as gone.

This team is better with Ellis playing. Right now he deserves a longer term contract.

Ellis is more consistent than Mair, and way more productive too.

He definitely sparks up that fourth line much more than Mair does.

I'd like to see us keep him with a longer term contract.

If Mac can hold up the pace he's working at right now, then I see this as a good deal. The problem in the past has been consistency, much like the rest of the roster. I'm not really sure if Mac is "getting it" or is just hot, but if he cools down and ends the season with less that 20 goals he's as good as gone.

So 18 or 19 goals and he is kicked to the curb, but if he scores 20 goals, he should be signed to a multi-year deal? Last year was his first year a s a full time player and like many others throughout the NHL, he was plagued by inconsistent play. I'd be more concerned with an improvement in this regard when deciding whether to offer him a multi-year deal.

So 18 or 19 goals and he is kicked to the curb, but if he scores 20 goals, he should be signed to a multi-year deal? Last year was his first year a s a full time player and like many others throughout the NHL, he was plagued by inconsistent play. I'd be more concerned with an improvement in this regard when deciding whether to offer him a multi-year deal.

For Mac to make this team he needs to be a top six forward. I used the marker of 20 goals to show his improvement. I also used the conjunction AND to show that if he still shows inconsistent play and ends up with an unimpressive goal total he will not be here next year.

Archived