Ennis signs 3-year entry level contract

That Aud Smell

I know people were wondering if we were going to sign Tyler Ennis or let him go back for another year in the WHL....

source: Sabres twitter

The #Sabres have signed forward Tyler Ennis to a 3-yr entry level contract. Ennis was Buffalo's 1st rd pick (26th overall) in 2008.

I'm sure Sabres.com will have something up soon too.

i'm getting sort of geeked to see what he can do - the briere comment is only partly in jest.

Me too.

BTW, if he turns out to be a good player (another Roy, say, sans general immaturity, inconsistency and sausage-grabbing), it's worth remembering that the Sabres took him with the 1st-rounder they got for Soupy.

Me too.

BTW, if he turns out to be a good player (another Roy, say, sans general immaturity, inconsistency and sausage-grabbing), it's worth remembering that the Sabres took him with the 1st-rounder they got for Soupy.

What if he's more mature and consistent, but still partakes in the random sausage grabbing?

Not surprised that this got done at all. There were some doubters out there, but there was no way a deal wasn't getting done.

For as small as this kid is listed he did light up the WHL (notorious for it's rough, hard checking brand of hockey) and is magic with the puck. He definitely needs some time for his body to mature but this kid has all the potential to be a 90-100 point guy.

Archived