Larry Quinn

Twisted Wrister

Larry Quinn on WGR this morning indicated that the team has authorized an additional 5 million to be spent on payroll for this season......trade deadline looks even more interesting now!!

That would suggest that the Sabres will go after a rental player or 2 in the next couple of days. I hope they don't give up too much for them.

EDIT: You're post dare I say is complete over-exaggeration.

Larry Quinn was on WGR on Friday. He was asked if the Sabres can take on some more salary this season, here's what he said.

I think we're in that position. Darcy and I were talking about it last night. There are some things he wants to do to add budget and I okayed that. Not sure it will happen. Will some guy come in here who will cost $5 million? I don't think so. I will not take on guys with multi-year, big numbers and upset the chemistry of the team. We're trying to be fair to the team. Bringing in someone who hasn't contributed to the team all year and giving them big bucks isn't fair to the other players.

ok here's the deal....a co-worker came and reported this to me...Quinn was on with the bulldog and indicated that he and Darcy sat down and discussed what was needed...Darcy indicated he wanted to add budget to do some things and Quinn ok'd it....Quinn also said he's not goin to take on a huge multi-year contract b/c thats not fair to bring someone in and pay them far above the rest of the players

Wow. At first blush, that comment by Quinn is the biggest load of horsecock I've ever heard. Talk about wanting to have it both ways. Yeah, we're willing to spend some money to improve the team, but not so much that it upsets team chemistry. Are you kidding me? Does he actually expect fans to buy that? The current Sabres should want the organization to do anything possible to make this team a serious Cup contender. If that means the stud defenseman the Sabres need to be that contender makes more money than anyone else on the team, so be it. What kind of player would be jealous? Not a team player, that's for sure.

Keith Kachuck would be a great pick up. A tough player who gets the job done

Zookeeper, I disagree, I think we need to get our 5th and 6th string goalies in line first. Then I'd trade for a center because we need more. I'd probably trade two of our defensemen for a center.

:P

I true managers BS. Would you expect any less?

But that doesn't mean we can't bring in a soon to be UFA that makes big bucks and pay him only a few dolars for the rest of the season.

Also just a thought. I know we are wanting team chemistry and to build a winner. Two things

1. Keep the team the same? Do we do the same next year with the same players if we lose in the playoffs?

2. Don't forget our opponents may not worry about team chemistry and bring in guys like Bertuzzi and Derek Morris. Does that hurt us and do we want to prevent those trades?

Don't forget it is not only about improving our team but being competitive after the Trade deadline.

If teams like Carolina and Ottawa stock up with some really smart moves do we want to keep things here status quo?

Their is always an angle at getting better.

But we do have a great team, do we have what it takes? we can afford to lose some prospects for guys like doan who is under contract for a few years.

Do we have the best team after the trade deadline?

Nobody has really thought about the other teams out their stock piling can buffalo still compete if e don't improve our D?

Guest Meet me at the zoo

Oh ha ha. You obviously have a short memory. This year already we had two goaltenders hurt. Wouldn't of CuJo have helped then? We would be ahead of Ottawa now if we had him and didn't lose those games.

But Kachuck could beef us up. Good player, scorres and is a great guy.

Oh ha ha. You obviously have a short memory. This year already we had two goaltenders hurt. Wouldn't of CuJo have helped then? We would be ahead of Ottawa now if we had him and didn't lose those games.

You do realize the locker room was designed for two goalies? Are you looking for Mika to have company out in the hall?

Don't you have a class to go to?

Not to mention the fact that we won most of the games while Miller was injured. I assume you're also talking about Noronen's groin injury. If memory serves me right, we won every single game when he was nursing that injury. How could we have improved on that record?

They were talking about him on Hockey This Morning on XM. They reported he will not waive his no trade clause. Also, do we really want a guy that didn't even have enough respect for his team to show up to camp under his weight limitation?

Guest Meet me at the zoo

Besides if we don't get CuJo and Tkachuck the Ottawa will. It really seems that I'm the only one in here who cares about winning.

Besides if we don't get CuJo and Tkachuck the Ottawa will. It really seems that I'm the only one in here who cares about winning.

Read carefully, it was reported this morning that he stated he will not waive his no trade clause.

As for Cujo...What reason other than not wanting Ottawa to get him is there to pick him up? Since you want to stock up on goalies, are you concerned about Mika getting lonley in his private locker room? As shrader mentioned, there are 2 goalie stalls in the locker room. Mika currently has a room to himself. Do you really want him to have company that badly?

Tkachuck has been said to be in a deal with the rangers for months now. However his failure to waive his no trade clause would keep him in St. Louis he is slow and the game has pasted him by the olympics where a perfect example of this.

Guest lurker

Keith Kachuck would be a great pick up. A tough player who gets the job done

Totally disagree.

p.s. work on the spelling

How Tkachuk do in the Olympics? What are his numbers this year? Not all that great. St. Louis management was pissed at him for coming to camp way out of shape. No thanks.

We're not the Yankees. We can't sacrifice our future to make a deal just to keep a player away from Ottawa. Darcy will make a move or two to strenghten the squad. If by some chance he doesn't, it's because the right deal wasn't out there and he feels confident in the current roster. I really can't argue with him if that's what he thinks. This is a strong, hardworking team that deserves to be where they are right now and I see no signs of that changing.

Meet me at the Zoo - your posts are ridiculous.

Do you live in the primate house and go by the name "Apples the Chimp?" I'm impressed that a chimp has learned to use a wireless laptop, but please stop posting here, you're lowering our overall IQ from 14 to 7.

Enjoy your bananas, and feel free to toss some poop at ToddKaz when he comes to visit.

Meet me at the Zoo - your posts are ridiculous.

Do you live in the primate house and go by the name "Apples the Chimp?" I'm impressed that a chimp has learned to use a wireless laptop, but please stop posting here, you're lowering our overall IQ from 14 to 7.

Enjoy your bananas, and feel free to toss some poop at ToddKaz when he comes to visit.

Word especially the Toddkaz part.

Me at the Zoo, here is a list of things to do:

1. Register with a different name.

2. Read all the posts in this forum.

3. Subscribe to the Hockey News to broaden your hockey acumen.

After that you might be 50% of the way to posting in here with any crediblity.

I am honored, I have accomplished what no one has done here. My name has been used in 1000 posts. You guys really noticed what I had to say.

I would like to thank many people, First Deluca for giving me the chance te really start something special with you guys.

Post managers for deleting so many posts of mine and on occasion suspending me.

I am sorry if i left anyone out i didn't realize i made such an impact on you otherwise dull lives. Thank you

Archived