Top Five Captains

Eleven

This is pretty interesting. When you evaluate these guys as captains, not just as players, who comes out on top?

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=487055

EDIT: Here's how I voted. I had trouble even coming up with five captains that I thought were great captains.

1. Peca

2. Schoenfeld

3. LaFontaine

4. Gare

5. Barnes

This is pretty interesting. When you evaluate these guys as captains, not just as players, who comes out on top?

EDIT: Here's how I voted. I had trouble even coming up with five captains that I thought were great captains.

1. Peca

2. Schoenfeld

3. LaFontaine

4. Gare

5. Barnes

What, no love for Soupy or Satan? :)

Another poll for the uninformed. We will never know 99% of what a captain really does.

We don't know 99% of what the coach, GM, and team president really do, either, but there's no shortage of evaluations there.

It's a poll, not an election. Have some fun.

Another poll for the uninformed. We will never know 99% of what a captain really does.

Is this your new battling cry for everything? We really don't know anything so how we can we have an opinion on anything? Sports is not much different then any other organization. Intelligent people should be allowed to make some assumptions based on their life experiences and the results they see and, or perceive.

Besides, like someone else said, we are not determining the future of the free world here, have some fun.

Is this your new battling cry for everything? We really don't know anything so how we can we have an opinion on anything? Sports is not much different then any other organization. Intelligent people should be allowed to make some assumptions based on their life experiences and the results they see and, or perceive.

Besides, like someone else said, we are not determining the future of the free world here, have some fun.

And aren't they just asking who our favorites are? The poll isn't"Top Five Captains w/ Regaurds to their Locker Room Presence".

Would that be battle cry?

When people say they liked Mike Peca as captain, all they've saying is that they liked Mike Peca as a player, and personally -- and he had a pretty hot wife. And the Sabres had some success on the ice when he wore the C.

If you want inane discussions, so be it.

Here's one. What president was the best father to his kids? I'll say Jimmy Carter. Seemed like a pretty nice guy.

Eleven, when evaluating coaches and GMs, you have a body of work to study. Their work is on display every game day/night.

When people say they liked Mike Peca as captain, all they've saying is that they liked Mike Peca as a player, and personally -- and he had a pretty hot wife. And the Sabres had some success on the ice when he wore the C.If you want inane discussions, so be it.

Here's one. What president was the best father to his kids? I'll say Jimmy Carter. Seemed like a pretty nice guy.

Eleven, when evaluating coaches and GMs, you have a body of work to study. Their work is on display every game day/night.

So you are making a blanket assumption that all of us are putting so little thought in it? You really think that most of us are incapable of deeper thought?

Why don't you fix things by starting everyday with a new thread that you think is worth discussing and that you think we are capable of discussing at a level acceptable to you.

And, by the way, yes it would be battle cry and no, I didn't think his wife was that hot.

So you are making a blanket assumption that all of us are putting so little thought in it? You really think that most of us are incapable of deeper thought?

Why don't you fix things by starting everyday with a new thread that you think is worth discussing and that you think we are capable of discussing at a level acceptable to you.

And, by the way, yes it would be battle cry and no, I didn't think his wife was that hot.

Deep thought and The Harbour Club?!

Notice that there's no meat in this discussion, only man gravy for a couple of popular captains. Maybe you will impress me by laying out the case for so and so as the best captain in Sabres history. Exactly what did Schoeny or Pecs or Floyd Smith do, in his role as captain, to earn this honour?

1. Peca

2. Schoenfeld

3. LaFontaine

4. Gare

5. Barnes

Stu Barnes?

When people say they liked Mike Peca as captain, all they've saying is that they liked Mike Peca as a player, and personally -- and he had a pretty hot wife. And the Sabres had some success on the ice when he wore the C.

If you want inane discussions, so be it.

I love when someone points out someone elses mistakes, with mistakes of their own.

Deep thought and The Harbour Club?!

Notice that there's no meat in this discussion, only man gravy for a couple of popular captains. Maybe you will impress me by laying out the case for so and so as the best captain in Sabres history. Exactly what did Schoeny or Pecs or Floyd Smith do, in his role as captain, to earn this honour?

I don't see why not.

Stu Barnes?

Only because I seem to remember other players talking about what a great captain he was (who says we don't have indicia of a captain's efficacy?) and I had to fill that fifth spot. As I originally posted, I had trouble coming up w/ 5.

Only because I seem to remember other players talking about what a great captain he was (who says we don't have indicia of a captain's efficacy?) and I had to fill that fifth spot. As I originally posted, I had trouble coming up w/ 5.

Maybe because, literally, every captain in team history (through Briere and Driery) left the organization in one unpleasant way or another?

Archived