Idea for a Trade - Just having some fun

mis3384

I know it will never happen but I thought we could have some fun.

BUFFALO GETS:

RW - Dany Heatley

C - Zach Smith

OTTAWA GETS:

LW- Jochen Hecht

D - Toni Lydman

C - Nathan Gerbe

C - Marek Zagrapan

RW - Marc-Andre Gragnani

D - Dennis Persson

I know this would never happen, and OTT would never trade Dany in the Divison. Brian Murray has said he wants a Vet D-Man and Forward and Prospects in return.

BUFFALO GETS:

RW - Dany Heatley

C - Zach Smith

OTTAWA GETS:

LW- Jochen Hecht

D - Toni Lydman

C - Nathan Gerbe

C - Marek Zagrapan

RW - Marc-Andre Gragnani

D - Dennis Persson

I know this would never happen, and OTT would never trade Dany in the Divison. Brian Murray has said he wants a Vet D-Man and Forward and Prospects in return.

How is that fun?

BUFFALO GETS:

RW - Dany Heatley

C - Zach Smith

OTTAWA GETS:

LW- Jochen Hecht

D - Toni Lydman

C - Nathan Gerbe

C - Marek Zagrapan

RW - Marc-Andre Gragnani

D - Dennis Persson

and if you were Ottawa you would think this was a good deal? Why not throw in Andrew Peters negotiating rights for the next 1.5 hours?

BUFFALO GETS:

RW - Dany Heatley

C - Zach Smith

OTTAWA GETS:

LW- Jochen Hecht

D - Toni Lydman

C - Nathan Gerbe

C - Marek Zagrapan

RW - Marc-Andre Gragnani

D - Dennis Persson

If this is what real fans do PA, I'd at least make it feasible, at least as much as possible:

Buff gets:

Heatley

Oootahwah gets:

Kassian

Tallinder

BUFFALO GETS:

RW - Dany Heatley

am i the only one who thinks Heatley is a selfish player that will harm us more than help us?

Great idea!

Their star for our garbage. Where do i sign up? I'll personally drive our guys to the airport....

While its true that it is mostly Buffalos garbage for their star, its also players under contract for their disgruntlled star who is forcing them to deal him. If he truly wants out and Ottawa has to deal him, they may have to accept a deal like that for him (maybe throw in a couple of draft picks too from Buffalo), especially if its to a team that he will waive his no trade clause to go to. It does happen, look at the Hasek trade, it was basically hasek to detroit for their garbage (well the man himself is definitly trash) and a pick for one of the best goaltenders to play the game

While its true that it is mostly Buffalos garbage for their star, its also players under contract for their disgruntlled star who is forcing them to deal him. If he truly wants out and Ottawa has to deal him, they may have to accept a deal like that for him (maybe throw in a couple of draft picks too from Buffalo), especially if its to a team that he will waive his no trade clause to go to. It does happen, look at the Hasek trade, it was basically hasek to detroit for their garbage (well the man himself is definitly trash) and a pick for one of the best goaltenders to play the game

Yeah, they're not going to get an equal return, but the salary cap really changes things. Heatley probably wants to end up with one of those teams that are so jammed up against the cap. They're going to have to send some sizeable contracts back in return to Ottawa to make that happen.

Archived