Hamilton/Buffalo Sabres?

bottlecap

I for one would welcome the Hamilton/Buffalo Sabres if it's possible. Just split the games between the two locations. Further, I'd like to have Balsille as the owner of the Sabres. I think he'd kick butt as an owner -- he's a true maverick and can give the organization the type of ownership Detroit has. Buffalo's current woes can be traced to the ownership. Golisano seems to be looking to sell. If only...

I for one would welcome the Hamilton/Buffalo Sabres if it's possible. Just split the games between the two locations. Further, I'd like to have Balsille as the owner of the Sabres. I think he'd kick butt as an owner -- he's a true maverick and can give the organization the type of ownership Detroit has. Buffalo's current woes can be traced to the ownership. Golisano seems to be looking to sell. If only...

:thumbdown: hell no. We don't need another team mired in a moving to Canada saga.

You don't think he'd be out of Buffalo the first chance he had contractually?

And I for one, would like to say you're an idiot.

While your at it, why not make one team out of the NY Islanders, NJ Devils and the Rangers, split the season in thirds, and have them play half their season in Portland. Shitte, thrown in Boston too :thumbsup:

U R Sackajawewe

:lol:

Why would I slug a sheep in the mouth?

Nicely Played

While your at it, why not make one team out of the NY Islanders, NJ Devils and the Rangers, split the season in thirds, and have them play half their season in Portland. Shitte, thrown in Boston too :thumbsup:

Man, I mean Woeman you are on a tear. Good stuff. :lol:

Schools out for summer aye,,, just don't know what to do with all that spare time.... must be nice....

V-M, I don't agree at all with the OP, but you've been around long enough to know that this response is not cool.

Is there any other way to respond to it? I mean, the guy hopes that the man who basicially people think will put the Sabres out of business as the owner of the Sabres.... and wouldn't mind splitting the games between the two cities? I mean, wow. I honestly don't know how to make an educated response still. He's just drunk, or just joking around. Either way, i'll never take any of his posts serious again. Sorry, it's my opinion.

How's that work, bottletroll?

You can't just throw out the troll insult whenever someone is "out there" with an opinion. bottlecap has always been a very good poster and doesn't deserve it. Most of us just happen to really disagree with him or her on this one.

:lol:

Nicely Played

Man, I mean Woeman you are on a tear. Good stuff. :lol:

Schools out for summer aye,,, just don't know what to do with all that spare time.... must be nice....

Yup, merryly trolling along... waiting for some news.... please darcy please

V-M, I don't agree at all with the OP, but you've been around long enough to know that this response is not cool.

Apropos for June

Is there any other way to respond to it? I mean, the guy hopes that the man who basicially people think will put the Sabres out of business as the owner of the Sabres.... and wouldn't mind splitting the games between the two cities? I mean, wow. I honestly don't know how to make an educated response still. He's just drunk, or just joking around. Either way, i'll never take any of his posts serious again. Sorry, it's my opinion.

Cuts run deep around here. Good for you.

I guess there's universal disagreement here. I must be right...

Is this your opinion or just stirring the pot? BTW, where are U from?

How's that work, bottletroll?

See "cuts run deep"

You can't just throw out the troll insult whenever someone is "out there" with an opinion. bottlecap has always been a very good poster and doesn't deserve it. Most of us just happen to really disagree with him or her on this one.

otherwise we'd all be at your front door. With pitchforks.

I guess there's universal disagreement here. I must be right...

:o Oh I don't know about that. I didn't initially respond because Wonderbread and PA pretty much summed up my initial reaction. But you have been a pretty honorbale poster as PA said so I gotta believe your just stirring the pot and instead of just funning around with comments from some of the other posters I'll bite.

As a long time Sabres fan I am also frustrated by the perceived lack of progress and actual regression that appears to have taken place with this team. HOWEVER, I fail to see that as a solution for the fans and the team being sucessful in general.

Has something like a 2 city split of a franchise ever succeded in any sport ? Does having a money bags owner guarantee success? If it did Daniel Snyder of Redskins fame would have 3 super bowls by now.

The posters who have found the need to insult along with disagree proves that there's alot of ignorance here.

The posters who have found the need to insult along with disagree proves that there's alot of ignorance here.

Really the only poster that was insulting was VM, and how does someone disagreeing with you prove ignorance? I am not following you. I for one have always respected other posters regardless of how outlandish their posts were. Maybe you need to grow some thicker skin.

Guest Sloth

That's a harsh remark to make. I've been a part of a number of boards, and this is the only one where I feel a true sense of respect. No board is perfect, and there will be times when an insult will be made. It is unfortunate, but it is something that is bound to happen here and there. Buffalo's sub-par performance is not helping. This board is not full of ignorance. This board is made up of people who, majority of the time, respect another person's opinion. As a Sabres fan, something I hope you are, I know how heart broken all Sabres fans, not just in western New York, would be if a Buffalo/Hamilton deal was worked out. I do not live in western New York. My Dad, from North Tonawanda, was in the military, and I now live in Biloxi, MS, which is where I'll most likely be for the rest of my life. I grew up a devoted Buffalo Sabres/Bills fan. If the Sabres left Buffalo, I wouldn't be able to watch the NHL anymore. I could never have the sense of attachment I have w/ the sabres w/ another team. The idea of the team partially leaving Buffalo is something that hurts an immeasureable amount of Sabres fans. It is a bad idea, and I hope you now I understand why some people on this board responded in the manner they did. This board is not full of ignorance. It is full of people who are true fans, not bandwagoners. I hope you understand.

That's a harsh remark to make. I've been a part of a number of boards, and this is the only one where I feel a true sense of respect. No board is perfect, and there will be times when an insult will be made. It is unfortunate, but it is something that is bound to happen here and there. Buffalo's sub-par performance is not helping. This board is not full of ignorance. This board is made up of people who, majority of the time, respect another person's opinion. As a Sabres fan, something I hope you are, I know how heart broken all Sabres fans, not just in western New York, would be if a Buffalo/Hamilton deal was worked out. I do not live in western New York. My Dad, from North Tonawanda, was in the military, and I now live in Biloxi, MS, which is where I'll most likely be for the rest of my life. I grew up a devoted Buffalo Sabres/Bills fan. If the Sabres left Buffalo, I wouldn't be able to watch the NHL anymore. I could never have the sense of attachment I have w/ the sabres w/ another team. The idea of the team partially leaving Buffalo is something that hurts an immeasureable amount of Sabres fans. It is a bad idea, and I hope you now I understand why some people on this board responded in the manner they did. This board is not full of ignorance. It is full of people who are true fans, not bandwagoners. I hope you understand.

Good post. I think it's quite a stretch to say there's "a lot of ignorance" when you had ONE insult (which was out of line) in response to a pretty inflammatory suggestion.

Archived