Patrick Kane

wonderbread

What would be the odds? I think his rookie contract expires at the end of next year. What would be the ramifications?

Chicago is close to the cap with a lot of their players approaching RFA status. They will never be able to fit them all under the cap.

What would be the odds? I think his rookie contract expires at the end of next year. What would be the ramifications?

Chicago is close to the cap with a lot of their players approaching RFA status. They will never be able to fit them all under the cap.

They have so many that will come of age about the same time that it will make for some interesting decisions.

But then again...if you let Havlat go, let Khabibulin (sp?) go, and waive Huet you probably free up 12 million or something.

I don't think Kane walks. But you never know.

Being out in Chicago I can tell you that the city has a hard-on for Kane and 99.9% chance he is staying here and they will pay him handsomely. They'll find a way to fit it under the cap. Khabiboulin is definitely gone after this year even though he has been solid. Havlat might also go but I expect them to dump more of the role players than their stars... Burrish and Ladd i'd imagine will be gone after next season maybe even Keith. In any case they'll be losing a lot of good talent in good part because of the Campbell contract, who really hasn't been that impressive (not like he could ever live up to the cash he's getting).

I just can't see this Sabres ownership group coughing up the cashola needed to bring him to Buffalo.

Also, I agree with the previous post that there is no way that Chicago will part ways with their answer to Ovechkin or Crosby (Note: I did not say that Kane IS either one of those players, but that to Chicago he represents a very bright, talented future).

But if Campbell became expendable...

I just can't see this Sabres ownership group coughing up the cashola needed to bring him to Buffalo.

Also, I agree with the previous post that there is no way that Chicago will part ways with their answer to Ovechkin or Crosby (Note: I did not say that Kane IS either one of those players, but that to Chicago he represents a very bright, talented future).

But if Campbell became expendable...

Kane might be Martin St. Louis...but he's no answer to Ovechkin or Crosby.

That's not a slight, just his upside IMO.

Kane might be Martin St. Louis...but he's no answer to Ovechkin or Crosby.

That's not a slight, just his upside IMO.

Well said, as always. Kane is a very nice player, but the Sabres aren't dying for Kane. They're dying for Pronger and/or Eric Staal.

Well said, as always. Kane is a very nice player, but the Sabres aren't dying for Kane. They're dying for Pronger and/or Eric Staal.

Nice point. However this teams needs some to pick up the slack in the points dept. PK represents this. They have some horses in the AHL etc that I hope will be able to step up and make a difference as far as D.

No way Kane leaves Chicago for Buffalo. Being a Buffalo kid, there's probably a pretty good chance he pays more attention to the Sabres than any other team (besides the Hawks). If he doesn't know that Buffalo is a team with ownership "not dedicated to winning" then he needs a new manager.

I remember the Sabres and Reiger tried for Kane at the draft but no dice. I wouldn't see any problem from Kane besides how many sugar packets he's paid.

I'll put on my asbestos longjohns and say "isn't this what we expect from Stafford" if he stays?

Not that either is even the slightest bit realistic, but personally, I'd rather have Toews.

absolutely. much as i'd like to get the homegrown talent back here.. we need to win, now.

at this point Toews will get us there faster than Kane will.

so will a Pronger or an Eric Staal.

just for the record, much as i detest the Staal brothers, i have to admire his application, nose for goal and playoff mentality

i'm tired of the 'finesse players' - 'mr. nice guy' - 'gentlemen playing hockey' mindset we seem to have fostered here with our young 'uns..

Guest Sloth
He's turned into a nice player.

57 points in 61 games? 31 of his points were goals, too. I'd like to see him in a Sabres uniform.

Guest Sloth
57 points in 61 games? 31 of his points were goals, too. I'd like to see him in a Sabres uniform.

That's playing for the Sabres. Not anything else. Just thought I'd straighten that out before anyone had a chance to jump on that remark! :lol:

If we're talking about players that would have us win now, Ryan Getzlaf would be our guy.

Personally, I hate all these discussions. They're so rooted in fantasy world and seem so pointless to me. I only mentioned Toews since he and Kane are tied directly together.

That's playing for the Sabres. Not anything else. Just thought I'd straighten that out before anyone had a chance to jump on that remark! :lol:

If you're gonna jump on a guy in a Sabres uniform it better be straightened out. LOL thought you got away din't cha?

Personally, I hate all these discussions. They're so rooted in fantasy world and seem so pointless to me. I only mentioned Toews since he and Kane are tied directly together.

Fair enough, can't you let me get my hockey man-crush feelings for Ryan Getzlaf out?

Archived