Patrick Kane

wonderbread

The 2024-25 Sabres will be a team to watch out for.

Actually it's more likely to be the 22-23 season. The Sabres make the finals every other year of the rabbit.

I originally did type 34; but then felt I better add a few more years. Maybe there is some cosmic goings on. Watch out NHL in 22-23!

Fair enough, can't you let me get my hockey man-crush feelings for Ryan Getzlaf out?

Hey, what ever works for you.

Sorry to piss on your message board.

I completely get the Kane conversation. It's going to come up with him being local. The branching off into other player was where it was starting to get into that crazy fantasy world.

Being out in Chicago I can tell you that the city has a hard-on for Kane and 99.9% chance he is staying here and they will pay him handsomely. They'll find a way to fit it under the cap. Khabiboulin is definitely gone after this year even though he has been solid. Havlat might also go but I expect them to dump more of the role players than their stars... Burrish and Ladd i'd imagine will be gone after next season maybe even Keith. In any case they'll be losing a lot of good talent in good part because of the Campbell contract, who really hasn't been that impressive (not like he could ever live up to the cash he's getting).

I live in chicago and also have season tix along with fifteen Hawks nutsos

First of all, there is no "hard on" for Kane. Yes they love him but no one would shed any tears if he left. In fact if there was a Sophie's Choice, Havalt would stay before Kane. After game one, every article was about how he is a tin man and needs to step up even though Lindstom was on im like a cop in a donut factory. Everyone forgot how he put up six in the Vancouver series with a trick in the deciding game. Meanwhile, the second son Havlat is playing like he is on Dancing with the Stars and doesnt want to get voted off.

Second

Think about what you are saying Burrish, Ladd and Keith. Are you kidding me? Those guys comprise all the heart and soul on this team. One may go if you are lucky. Keith in my opinion is the only true defenseman they have. Seabrook is nice but he is too much like Campbell.

Third

Bfyugulein(sp) and your best two way player, Versteeg need to be added as RFA after this year! There is no way you can watch both of these guys walk out the door. Especially when you traded future for Versteeg.

Campbell and Huet will now paralyze this team as no one in the right mind would take these contracts. Campbell is now offically the most overrrated defensmen in the league and we should be kissing Reiger's backside for ending up with a decent D man in return. Everyone in this town cannot stand 360's that end up nowhere and all of his ole crap. The only guy defending him is Quinville. Mr Towes is up in the same year as Kane as well as Mr Sharp one year after that. If the Sabres can unload at that point, we should be the high bidder as the Hawks cannot commit because of our dear friend Mr Campbell. dont be fooled, Havalt is not taking a cut for the good of the team. He wants top money and if the Hawks give it to him, there is no way they can keep all of the kids.

Finally, I do buisness with people who are in the know and they all tell me to a man that the apple does not fall too far from the tree when it comes to kid Wirtz. He may spend a little more but will not worry about assets walking out the door.

I live in chicago ......

Finally, I do buisness with people who are in the know and they all tell me to a man that the apple does not fall too far from the tree when it comes to kid Wirtz. He may spend a little more but will not worry about assets walking out the door.

NP.

Two years ago I couldn't even find a Hawks story in the papers in Chicago, so its good to see an old bedrock

franchise finally turn the corner after years of Wirtz keeping them off TV and all.

I live in chicago and also have season tix along with fifteen Hawks nutsos

First of all, there is no "hard on" for Kane. Yes they love him but no one would shed any tears if he left. In fact if there was a Sophie's Choice, Havalt would stay before Kane. After game one, every article was about how he is a tin man and needs to step up even though Lindstom was on im like a cop in a donut factory. Everyone forgot how he put up six in the Vancouver series with a trick in the deciding game. Meanwhile, the second son Havlat is playing like he is on Dancing with the Stars and doesnt want to get voted off.

Second

Think about what you are saying Burrish, Ladd and Keith. Are you kidding me? Those guys comprise all the heart and soul on this team. One may go if you are lucky. Keith in my opinion is the only true defenseman they have. Seabrook is nice but he is too much like Campbell.

Third

Bfyugulein(sp) and your best two way player, Versteeg need to be added as RFA after this year! There is no way you can watch both of these guys walk out the door. Especially when you traded future for Versteeg.

Campbell and Huet will now paralyze this team as no one in the right mind would take these contracts. Campbell is now offically the most overrrated defensmen in the league and we should be kissing Reiger's backside for ending up with a decent D man in return. Everyone in this town cannot stand 360's that end up nowhere and all of his ole crap. The only guy defending him is Quinville. Mr Towes is up in the same year as Kane as well as Mr Sharp one year after that. If the Sabres can unload at that point, we should be the high bidder as the Hawks cannot commit because of our dear friend Mr Campbell. dont be fooled, Havalt is not taking a cut for the good of the team. He wants top money and if the Hawks give it to him, there is no way they can keep all of the kids.

Thanks for the insight.

Thanks for the post. Like X said, decent talk out of Chicago has been incredibly rare for quite a while. Anyway, I'm a bit curious about this comment. Brandon Bochenski for Versteeg and a pick? That's not exactly selling the farm to bring in a good young player. Chiarelli got hosed on that deal.

Guest Sloth
any kid that loves Buffalo so much that he prints "716" on his sticks will end up in Buffalo one way or another.

Does Kane actually do that?

I would love to see Versteeg end up in Buffalo. What are the odds?

Actually, I'd prefer Bobby Ryan from Anaheim. It won't happen, but I'd be extatic if it did.

Archived