Not for nothin', but ...

BetweenThePipes00

I would expect nothing less form you my fish fry buddy. :thumbsup:

:)

I heard you were battering his haddock.

:blink:

Thanks PA. I was wondering what "fish fry buddy" meant.

<_<

I've never be done in that orifice. Why should I be worried about having that?

:lol:

Thats it I am booking a flight from Pittsburgh International to Bradford to learn you some manners.

:thumbsup: , Let me know when we can do a Menage a trois UFA style..

... there is probably no bigger Lindy Ruff supporter on this board than myself but ... three of the final four changed coaches during the season. Just sayin', it does work sometimes. Never know when you will catch lightning in a bottle.

Now, just to argue with myself and kill the thread before it gets started ...

In the Sabres case, I have no faith LQ would hire the right guy, and I don't think Ruff should be the guy to take the fall for the screwups of those above him.

Also, the Sabres have little in common with the Blackhawks (very young and talented after years of rebuilding, would probably have been almost as good with Savard still coaching), Canes (veteran team with loads of playoff experience and rings from 2006, just needed a kick in the ass) or Penguins (ultra talented, tasted success just last year and learned from it ... the hangover plus Therrien's beligerant style wore on them). The Sabres don't have the horses of any of these teams at the moment, and we'd still have all the same concerns about the roster that we do now even if they had changed coaches and somehow snuck into the playoffs over NYR or MTL ...

But it CAN make a difference ... something I have to keep in mind down the road someday when I am bummed that Lindy is gone ...

What coach could have come in and helped the Sabres get into the playoffs? The teams that changed coaches and found success all have one thing in common. They have better teams than the Sabres. You make a coaching change when you feel the team isn't getting the maximum out of their players. I know many on this board will hate to admit it, Ruff got the maximum out of this roster. They just aren't good enough. With little roster movement expected again this off-season you can expect another season of the Sabres on the outside looking in to the playoffs.

What coach could have come in and helped the Sabres get into the playoffs? The teams that changed coaches and found success all have one thing in common. They have better teams than the Sabres. You make a coaching change when you feel the team isn't getting the maximum out of their players. I know many on this board will hate to admit it, Ruff got the maximum out of this roster. They just aren't good enough. With little roster movement expected again this off-season you can expect another season of the Sabres on the outside looking in to the playoffs.

For someone who in every thread keeps complaining of the Status Quo, you sure seem pretty comfortable with it.

I think what we are really looking at here is the proverbial elephant in the room.

This team has not been anything of its former self, since the great Larry Quinn put the pressure on to gut the scouting department (which, for many years prior served the Sabres well) in favor of video scouting (the laughingstock of the league), and since the departure of the true 'core' of the team...

...that being: Chris Drury, Daniel Briere, JP DuMont, Jay McKee, and Brian Campbell.

I will add Ryan Miller, Roy, Vanek, and Pominville to the 'core'.

The whole 'sell' of the Sabres, is that they are a small market team that will be young, talented, and hardworking. They will draft well, and keep their 'core' players and build around them.

But my question is, if you blow up the scouting department (one note of irony, is that for each of the top 3 scouts let go by Quinn, each has found success in a relatively short time- Boston, Washington, and Chicago), how are you going to draft well?

And on top of that, if you sell keeping the core and guys THAT ARE THE CORE (read: Drury, Briere, Campbell, etc) are treated like outcasts for asking for more money from such a 'cash strapped', small market franchise...what kind of message does that send?

You won't negotiate contracts during the season? Really? REALLY??!?!??!?!?

Which bonehead in ownership decided this?

To lose 5 out of your top 8 guys in two years...and replace them with, what? It makes no sense.

When Regier presented a contract offer for Drury prior to his departure, Golisano is rumored to have balked at the dollar amount. Drury is a guy who left everything on the ice.

Does anyone recall that vicious hit Chris Neil put on Drury that knocked him out?

I mean, the guy bled for the Sabres. That hit alone should have guaranteed him a renewal.

But this lame ownership group did the opposite.

When Grier left town, he delivered the truth. He stated that the main reason for his desire to leave the Sabres was OWNERSHIPS LACK OF COMMITMENT TO WINNING.

Thats Golisano and QUINN.

This team lost its 2 captains in one summer. no team replaces the leadership and heart that both Briere and Drury brought to them. There loss created a HUGE vacuum that has still not been even remotely filled.

Sorry Rivet.

They were the true core.

I equate it to an amputation of the heart and mind of a body. Sure, you still have the arms, legs, etc. But without the heart and mind, the body is nothing.

The Sabres are basically a collection of parts with no cohesive leadership on the roster.

Ruff can coach them to game day, but once they are on the ice in game situations, it is on the players to produce (ie Ruff can't do it for them).

This offseason will be truly revealing. Quinn claims to have assessed the season, but somehow one gets the impression that he was somehow immune from review.

Bucky Gleason from the Buff News quoted several former Sabres (who are anonymous out of fear of retaliation) who said the exact same thing. Quinn has not got a clue. He is the silent hand bringing about the crash of the Sabres.

And now they have a 94% renewal rate for tickets.

I sincerely hope that Regier is allowed to build the roster. I hope that the lackluster stars are gone (Afinogenov).

But I look at the reality that this team was 1 period away from the Stanley Cup in '06. Take away the defensive injuries and add perhaps 1 truly gritty grinder not afraid to mix it up and chip in a point every now and then, and the Sabres were winning it in '07.

Instead of adding that 1 player however, they willingly parted ways with McKee, DuMont, and Grier. That's alot of toughness and grit when they needed to add it.

The next season you let Campbell, Drury, AND Briere go?

No, this is the fruit of ownerships efforts (or lack thereof).

It is really ashame the path that the Sabres have turned to...Darcy really did a great job of building this team to what it was...His deals of bringing in Grier,and Briere, Drury were really smart pinpointed well executed moves that brought character and scoring and well needed leadership to this team.Then it went south...I really wouldnt mind seeing them blow it all up and start over..Its a natural 2 to 3 yr process..They really oughta just define who they believe can help this team win in 2 to 3 yrs from now and bring up the kids and let em play..Get rid of the Hechts, Spacek, Tallinder, Lydman,Mair, and let the young kids learn on the fly...Worst case is we develop quicker and we lose and get better draft picks..This middle oof the road less than average team is never gonna be fun to watch..

yeah, but with no scouting department, what good are draft picks?

Less use of the enter key please. But anyway, let's comment on some of this:

This team has not been anything of its former self, since the great Larry Quinn put the pressure on to gut the scouting department (which, for many years prior served the Sabres well) in favor of video scouting (the laughingstock of the league), and since the departure of the true 'core' of the team...

...that being: Chris Drury, Daniel Briere, JP DuMont, Jay McKee, and Brian Campbell.

I will add Ryan Miller, Roy, Vanek, and Pominville to the 'core'.

I really hope you're not trying to imply that video scouting played a key part in the departure of these players. That right there is crazy. But anyway, the video scouting has been in place for 2 drafts now. These players are just now entering the Sabres system. How can we possibly judge that move at this point? Then again, being a video based system does not mean that there are no scouts. There are plenty within the organization. If you think no one on this team saw Tyler Myers in person prior to the 2008 draft, you're crazy.

But my question is, if you blow up the scouting department (one note of irony, is that for each of the top 3 scouts let go by Quinn, each has found success in a relatively short time- Boston, Washington, and Chicago), how are you going to draft well?

Again, we're giving all the credit to guys who have been in place for two years. Among those three teams you listed, take a guess how many players drafted in that time period have actually played a single game in the NHL so far? One, some guy by the name of Pat Kane. How exactly did these "fine scouting departments" lead to the newfound success with these teams? The cores of these teams were built through free agency and the drafts of the predecessors.

You won't negotiate contracts during the season? Really? REALLY??!?!??!?!?

Which bonehead in ownership decided this?

It's a mistake from the past. They have admitted as much. They can't just go back and erase what has happened. They realized the error in their way, what more can they do?

When Regier presented a contract offer for Drury prior to his departure, Golisano is rumored to have balked at the dollar amount. Drury is a guy who left everything on the ice.

Does anyone recall that vicious hit Chris Neil put on Drury that knocked him out?

I mean, the guy bled for the Sabres. That hit alone should have guaranteed him a renewal.

This statement makes absolutely no sense to me. So being on the receiving end of a massive check solidifies a guy's role on the team? Plenty of players have bled for their teams. Should Andrew Peters now be guaranteed a new contract since the Rutuu bit drew blood? Tim Connolly wasn't completely aware of where he was on the ice back in 2006. Does that mean he needs to be extended right there (ok, bad example)? What about RJ Umberger. He took a monster hit when he was looking the wrong way. Did that mean that Philly needed to sign him right at that moment?

If you want to make a point, fine, but at least have it make sense.

Instead of adding that 1 player however, they willingly parted ways with McKee, DuMont, and Grier. That's alot of toughness and grit when they needed to add it.

I love when this idea constantly comes up. It's fine, but how exactly were they supposed to keep these guys and also add more toughness and grit. I'm sure we can point out certain guys that were kept over these three and make that swap, but money-wise how are they going to add more on top of that? The cap would not allow it.

I really hope you're not trying to imply that video scouting played a key part in the departure of these players. That right there is crazy. But anyway, the video scouting has been in place for 2 drafts now. These players are just now entering the Sabres system. How can we possibly judge that move at this point? Then again, being a video based system does not mean that there are no scouts. There are plenty within the organization. If you think no one on this team saw Tyler Myers in person prior to the 2008 draft, you're crazy.

Again, we're giving all the credit to guys who have been in place for two years. Among those three teams you listed, take a guess how many players drafted in that time period have actually played a single game in the NHL so far? One, some guy by the name of Pat Kane. How exactly did these "fine scouting departments" lead to the newfound success with these teams? The cores of these teams were built through free agency and the drafts of the predecessors.

It's a mistake from the past. They have admitted as much. They can't just go back and erase what has happened. They realized the error in their way, what more can they do?

This statement makes absolutely no sense to me. So being on the receiving end of a massive check solidifies a guy's role on the team? Plenty of players have bled for their teams. Should Andrew Peters now be guaranteed a new contract since the Rutuu bit drew blood? Tim Connolly wasn't completely aware of where he was on the ice back in 2006. Does that mean he needs to be extended right there (ok, bad example)? What about RJ Umberger. He took a monster hit when he was looking the wrong way. Did that mean that Philly needed to sign him right at that moment?

If you want to make a point, fine, but at least have it make sense.

I love when this idea constantly comes up. It's fine, but how exactly were they supposed to keep these guys and also add more toughness and grit. I'm sure we can point out certain guys that were kept over these three and make that swap, but money-wise how are they going to add more on top of that? The cap would not allow it.

What's your point? Is it that the Sabre's are actually really good and made all the right move in the last two years?...It's just that we're not smart enough to get it?

Red's got a legitimate beef, and his points made more sense than you gave him credit for.

I admit that I don't have the slightest idea of who's at fault(players, mgmt, coach, ownership) or what will take to fix it, but the fact that nothing has changed has me concerned in this offseason.

yeah, but with no scouting department, what good are draft picks?

With all the pro scouting services, combines, footage from juniors, and interviews available, I could probably put together a very good draft list for the first 4 rounds in about 2 days with a credit card.

The top 100 are well known to everybody.

With 6 full time amateur scouts (which I believe they still have)...you would think that they would be able to find 3 more picks in rounds 5-7.

Shrader, you truly are an idiot.

First of all, attempting to compare Drury to Peters is ridiculous. I said nothing of the sort. My point on Drury is that he left everything on the ice. EVERYTHING. Drury wore the 'C'. His clutch goals and leadership are sorely missed.

Peters is one of those players who, in my opinion, is not worth a dime.

He has the role of goon on the team, but can't even hold down that post. I would like to see the Sabres lose Peters this offseason and replace him with an 'Avery-like' (Note I did NOT say Sean Avery) or Brad May-type of player. Peters does not have enough skill to even be considered a fighter. That would be adding grit and some sort of offensive ability. The Red Wings seem to be able to do it. So do the Ducks and Canucks. No rhyme intended.

As far as video scouting- I am not suggesting that the loss of the true core players has anything to do with video scouting. They are 2 separate issues. My point is that you do not allow the established legends in the scouting department to walk (once again, for nothing in return), in favor of some cost-cutting manuever (video scouting) that no one has ever used before.

I mean, if you are not going to compete for free agents, fine. But if your strategy as a team is to build through the draft, then it better make sense to have a strong scouting department- otherwise you're toast.

I did not think that was so hard a concept to understand.

As far as not having proven themselves yet, lets look at football. The same thing happened to the Bills. Polian, Butler, AJ Smith, and Buddy Nix all left. One went to Indy, the rest to San Diego. These guys were in charge of the talent at 1 Bills Drive. Since they left, the Bills have been irrelevant. Yet Indy and San Diego are enjoying some very successful seasons this past decade.

Same thing with the legendary scouts that were let go. My point is that each one of those teams that they went to, are now successful and viewed as up and coming. Chicago, Washington, and Boston all made the playoffs after squandering for years. And all 3 sure got better quick. Is it only coincidence?

You make my point without even knowing it on 'keeping the core' players. You mention RJ Umberger, but you have it wrong. CAMPBELL should have been offered the keys not only for his talent and youth, but that hit on Umberger in the playoffs still rings in my mind. If Drury and Briere were still here, then Connolly in my opinion is like Afinogenov- much ado about nothing. Connolly is too-often injured and can not be counted upon. It's not for lack of skill, but he can't seem to put several healthy seasons together.

What I don't understand is how you can sit there and honestly defend this ownership group. Granted, the felon that was in there before was worse, and I can understand if you are hesitant about change. I don't even think that Golisano is the true evil here; after all he is living it up in FL.

No, I believe that Quinn is the real meddling culprit, same as he was during his first stint with the Sabres.

With all the pro scouting services, combines, footage from juniors, and interviews available, I could probably put together a very good draft list for the first 4 rounds in about 2 days with a credit card.

The top 100 are well known to everybody.

With 6 full time amateur scouts (which I believe they still have)...you would think that they would be able to find 3 more picks in rounds 5-7.

oh, really?

Then why don't you?

What's your point? Is it that the Sabre's are actually really good and made all the right move in the last two years?...It's just that we're not smart enough to get it?

Red's got a legitimate beef, and his points made more sense than you gave him credit for.

I admit that I don't have the slightest idea of who's at fault(players, mgmt, coach, ownership) or what will take to fix it, but the fact that nothing has changed has me concerned in this offseason.

My main point was that that attacks on video scouting as one of the big flaws that has caused this downfall is downright laughable. Video scouting did not cause players to sign with other teams. Video scouting did not produce the new wave of players that have not been able to fill the shoes of those players. We have yet to see what video scouting will do for this team. Any judgement passed is completely premature.

I'll echo what X said about information on prospects being so readily available. This isn't the stone age anymore. There is so much coverage at basically every respectable level and a lot can be learned from it. Yes, it does help to go out and actually see some of these players for all those little things outside of the play. And the Sabres are still doing that. They do in fact have scouts out there watching several players. I don't know exactly how far they go and which leagues they're following, but they do in fact exist. This is the dirty little secret that all video scouting bashers refuse to acknowledge. It is not a completely robotic process.

Other than that, I'm still baffled by the thought that Drury should have been kept simply because he was blindsided by Neil. Make an argument for Stafford based on that play, not Drury. How is a lack of awareness a sign of "leaving it all on the ice"?

My main point was that that attacks on video scouting as one of the big flaws that has caused this downfall is downright laughable. Video scouting did not cause players to sign with other teams. Video scouting did not produce the new wave of players that have not been able to fill the shoes of those players. We have yet to see what video scouting will do for this team. Any judgement passed is completely premature.

I'll echo what X said about information on prospects being so readily available. This isn't the stone age anymore. There is so much coverage at basically every respectable level and a lot can be learned from it. Yes, it does help to go out and actually see some of these players for all those little things outside of the play. And the Sabres are still doing that. They do in fact have scouts out there watching several players. I don't know exactly how far they go and which leagues they're following, but they do in fact exist. This is the dirty little secret that all video scouting bashers refuse to acknowledge. It is not a completely robotic process.

Other than that, I'm still baffled by the thought that Drury should have been kept simply because he was blindsided by Neil. Make an argument for Stafford based on that play, not Drury. How is a lack of awareness a sign of "leaving it all on the ice"?

duuuuuuuuuuuuude, you ARE AN IDIOT!!

I NEVER stated that Drury should have been kept SOLELY because of the hit put on by Neil.

What I do say is that that play, typifies the character, grit, and effort that Drury constantly put out. I could just have easily mentioned his last second heroic goals in the playoffs.

Peters is a big pansy. You want a fighter, go back and look at the young Rob Ray and Brad May video's on YouTube. Or Domi. Those are tough, tough guys. Peters grabs a jersey, and throws roundhouses. That's it. Every fight he has, is the exact same as the last one. no passion. b-o-r-i-n-g. The function of having a goon is to spark the team into achieving greater emotion and heights. Kaleta does this to perfection. AND he has offensive skill. Get 3 more Kaleta's.

I can't remember the last time a Peters fight sparked anything. Ruutu bit his ear? Ray would not have tolerated it and whined about it after the game. Neither would May. Ruutu would have been taken out in an ambulance.

Also, your comparison to Connolly is not apples to apples. Connolly is oft-injured because it is his nature. He is just one of those players who is always hurt. That's not really a knock on him- but reality.

In short, you miss my point. Are we going to sit here and argue about 'whose injury was more serious?', or whose injury was caused 'by giving it his all?'?

I certainly am not because it would be assinine.

Connolly and Peters are no comparison to Drury and his contributions to the team. If you can't recognize that, and that Drury WAS a core player, then nothing anyone can say will wake you up. 'Nuff said.

In reference to video scouting: It is unproven. No one else is doing it. The rest of the league laughs at it. This is not innovative. Its solely a cost-cutting move. They sell the team as being young and one that will build through the draft. If that is the case, then how much sense does it make to gut the scouting department?

If I were in charge, and was going to make the choice to not pursue free agents and instead focus on building my team through the draft, then you had better be DAMN sure that I would put my focus on getting the best and brightest PROVEN scouts the league has to offer. A bunch of part-time volunteers do not qualify.

The Sabres had that successful scouting department. Times 3.

And you are going to try to state that video scouting is superior when THE WHOLE FUTURE OF YOUR FRANCHISE DEPENDS UPON SCOUTING??!?!?!?

Can it succeed? Maybe. But, in my opinion the proof will be in what the Draft produces in terms of talent these next few years.

To me, that is way too big of a chance to take just to save a few pennies.

oh, really?

Then why don't you?

What a delightfully smarmy invitation. <_<

After the 4th round, Buffalo has about 4 success stories in recent memory -

Campbell, Gaustad, Kotalik, Kaleta.

Wideman I won't count because they gave up on him.

None of these guys were a secret as juniors either. (except maybe Kotalik)

I'm NOT saying I'm Jim Benning- but what I can tell you is that

I don't think you need 9 full time amateur scouts in this day and age,

even though the Sabres keep 6 in the field.

One quarter of the draft comes from the NCAA now and they

have contact restrictions. So that leaves about 75 players

per year in the first 4 rounds that scouts can actually meet.

These are centrally scouted as well.

Where the Sabres have done poorly is drafting players based in Europe.

But they were doing that poorly with all field staff too.

Other than Detroit, I'm not sure who has done really well with Europe.

Welcome to the board.

Oh, and Ryan Miller. I forgot Ryan Miller. 5th round.

duuuuuuuuuuuuude, you ARE AN IDIOT!!

Opening a post with this line has intelligence written all over it. Just a little heads up, you may want to avoid this in the future.

I NEVER stated that Drury should have been kept SOLELY because of the hit put on by Neil.

What I do say is that that play, typifies the character, grit, and effort that Drury constantly put out. I could just have easily mentioned his last second heroic goals in the playoffs.

Really? Because this comment sure does look like you said that.

Anyway, how does skating up the middle, then being blindsided while looking the other way show the character and grit of a player? You went with a really poor example here, which you just now started to realize with your last post.

Peters is a big pansy. You want a fighter, go back and look at the young Rob Ray and Brad May video's on YouTube. Or Domi. Those are tough, tough guys. Peters grabs a jersey, and throws roundhouses. That's it. Every fight he has, is the exact same as the last one. no passion. b-o-r-i-n-g. The function of having a goon is to spark the team into achieving greater emotion and heights. Kaleta does this to perfection. AND he has offensive skill. Get 3 more Kaleta's.

I can't remember the last time a Peters fight sparked anything. Ruutu bit his ear? Ray would not have tolerated it and whined about it after the game. Neither would May. Ruutu would have been taken out in an ambulance.

I brought up Peters simply as a guy who has also bled for this team, something you pointed out as a huge sign of character for Drury. Why is it good for one guy and not another? But really, I'm just picking an extreme example to point out the flaw in your original post.

As for Kaleta, "offensive skill"? Not too many are going to back up that belief.

Also, your comparison to Connolly is not apples to apples. Connolly is oft-injured because it is his nature. He is just one of those players who is always hurt. That's not really a knock on him- but reality.

In your example, Drury was knocked out by a blindside hit when looking the other way. The same exact thing happened with Connolly in 2006, coincidentally, right after a game where he stepped up and delivered, looking like a legitimate NHL threat. The two plays seem like a fair comparison to me.

In reference to video scouting: It is unproven. No one else is doing it. The rest of the league laughs at it. This is not innovative. Its solely a cost-cutting move. They sell the team as being young and one that will build through the draft. If that is the case, then how much sense does it make to gut the scouting department?

If I were in charge, and was going to make the choice to not pursue free agents and instead focus on building my team through the draft, then you had better be DAMN sure that I would put my focus on getting the best and brightest PROVEN scouts the league has to offer. A bunch of part-time volunteers do not qualify.

The Sabres had that successful scouting department. Times 3.

And you are going to try to state that video scouting is superior when THE WHOLE FUTURE OF YOUR FRANCHISE DEPENDS UPON SCOUTING??!?!?!?

Can it succeed? Maybe. But, in my opinion the proof will be in what the Draft produces in terms of talent these next few years.

To me, that is way too big of a chance to take just to save a few pennies.

Who other than columnists ever actually said that other teams were laughing at them? They're all using video in some form, but Buffalo has taken it a step further. Really, what it all comes down to is that people are ripping on a process when they have absolutely no idea how it works. Essentially all of the initial backlash was under the assumption that it was 100% video. The main concern now should be what you have pointed out, whether or not the people evaluating this talent are capable of that task. They let go some of the top end guys, but others who were in place before are still in place now. It was not a complete purging like some would want you to believe. Like you said, we'll just have to wait and see how that works out.

When it comes to this scouting issue, I have one big question. This current team we have now consists mainly of players put together by that previous scouting department. I'm sure we'll all agree that this group just isn't cutting it right now. Why does that old group of scouts get so much credit? Those core guys you mentioned earlier? 3/5 the were not products of the Sabres organization. If you ask me, you're looking for problems in the wrong place.

I actually agree with one thing that red said(once I got past the G.M./Lethbridge/Brain way he said it). If the Sabres aren't going to give big money to players who earned it(or at least think they have), and they are not going to go out and spend big money on a FA, then the only thing left is to bring guys up through the system. If that's the case then that's fine. Whether or not this tack is working or not has yet to be determined, but doesn't it make more sense to add scouts if that's the case, not get rid of them. It does reek a little of a club that wants to keep just competative enough to keep us interested. That's a little frustrating to me.

I actually agree with one thing that red said(once I got past the G.M./Lethbridge/Brain way he said it). If the Sabres aren't going to give big money to players who earned it(or at least think they have), and they are not going to go out and spend big money on a FA, then the only thing left is to bring guys up through the system. If that's the case then that's fine. Whether or not this tack is working or not has yet to be determined, but doesn't it make more sense to add scouts if that's the case, not get rid of them. It does reek a little of a club that wants to keep just competative enough to keep us interested. That's a little frustrating to me.

X seems to have a better understanding of it and hopefully he can verify those scout numbers that he mentioned earlier.

X, the reduction from 9 scouts to 6, are those the correct numbers? If that's the case, it hardly seems like a devastating number. With an appropriate use of the video, there should be little, if any, dropoff. At the end of the day, I'd say it's all going to come down to the type of player they're looking for, as opposed to the quality of the player. That's more of an issue with team philosophy than it is with scouting.

X seems to have a better understanding of it and hopefully he can verify those scout numbers that he mentioned earlier.

X, the reduction from 9 scouts to 6, are those the correct numbers? If that's the case, it hardly seems like a devastating number. With an appropriate use of the video, there should be little, if any, dropoff. At the end of the day, I'd say it's all going to come down to the type of player they're looking for, as opposed to the quality of the player. That's more of an issue with team philosophy than it is with scouting.

Kevin Devine is in charge of Amateur Scouting.

Al MacAdam (North American)

Paul Merritt (USA Amateur)

Iouri Khmylev (Northeast Amateur)

Bo Berglund (European Amateur)

Craig Benning (Western Amateur)

Kim Gellert (Western Amateur) is in some way connected to Kelowna as a coach as well - skills coach.

Nik Fattey is in charge of video.

This was the staff from 2003 under Jim Benning

Director of European Amateur Scouting David Volek

Professional Scout Kevin Devine

Sweden/Finland Amateur Scout Bo Berglund

Ontario Amateur Scout Don Barrie

New England Amateur Scout Paul Merrit

Quebec/Maritime Amateur Scout Mike Racicot

College/Junior Amateur Scout Rudy Migay

Western Amateur Scout Darryl Plandowski

Amateur Scout Iouri Khmylev

Archived