[OT] Along the lines of d4rksabre's thread

Claude Balls

Two that are cool, both early Floyd:

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn...and it's follow-up:

A Saucerful of Secrets

But my absolute favorite has to be:

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Come to think of it, a lot of early Genesis had cool album titles...Selling England by the Pound is another good one.

Meh...I could go on and on...

They are the only band I can think of that made a conscious decision to

cut their audience in half because it better suited their lifestyle.

They go out of their way to please their fans though. They're adding shows on every tour when certain shows sell out so fast. They were even banned from one venue out here for about 5 years because they went well beyond the curfew (at least an hour and a half).

Anyone know the band "Big Black"?

Album... "Songs about F#$@ing"

Or

Turbonegro

"A$$ Cobra", "Apocalypse Dudes", "Small Feces", "Love It to Deathpunk"

I saw them by chance, and turned out to be one of the most memorable shows I've ever seen and in a good way too. I'd see them again.

They go out of their way to please their fans though. They're adding shows on every tour when certain shows sell out so fast. They were even banned from one venue out here for about 5 years because they went well beyond the curfew (at least an hour and a half).

No doubt. I just think they decided they didn't need to be the biggest band in the world.

I really think they came to decision about how much they needed and the scale they needed to make music

and be happy instead of promoting themselves, making radio friendly music, and a video for every song.

It's funny, I just scanned through my entire ipod and I can't really come up with any album titles I really like. Instead, I'll give you a list of songs that I really like that have the same name as the album:

Superunknown

Master of Puppets

Back in Black

Wow, even that list is weak. Is this a practice that has died off recently, having a song with the same name as the album? It just seems like it was something that bands like Rush, AC/DC, and Metallica used to do back in the day.

It's funny, I just scanned through my entire ipod and I can't really come up with any album titles I really like. Instead, I'll give you a list of songs that I really like that have the same name as the album:

Superunknown

Master of Puppets

Back in Black

Wow, even that list is weak. Is this a practice that has died off recently, having a song with the same name as the album? It just seems like it was something that bands like Rush, AC/DC, and Metallica used to do back in the day.

Most bands I still listen to have track titled albums. I think you need to expand your music horizons. :nana:

Archived