Do you own and wear a Sabres Jersey?

joe w bags

Watching the various playoff games this week, it struck me just how many fans were wearing their respective teams Jerseys. In many of the arena's it would appear it is close to 70 - 80 % , perhaps more. Can remember as child being taken to pond with my new Boston Bruins uniform ( dreamed of being a Bruin goalie one day, alas it a dream as I was a terrible goalie :blush: ) Recall seeing all the other children in gear representing all the other various teams, Leaf and Canadians dominant in my area, the Bruins were not very good in my youth , thus I was ragged on huge for having Bruin gear. Perhaps it shouldn't but it amazes me seeing the large amount of folks wearing hockey gear. Frankly its costly these days.

Do you own a Sabre Jersey, or even have children with full Sabre gear or perhaps that of another team? The panorama view of so many wearing gear at least on Television impressive.

I own two goatheads - one white, one black. Both gifts.

My kids have numerous jerseys...vintage and slug.

You can tell I'm a parent. I would not spend that kind of money on me (remember I was gifted) but have no problem buying for the kids. It's what we do.

I did buy a slug magnet for my car the last time I was home but it came off in a car wash and when I went back it was gone.

Speaking of fans wearing Sabres jerseys....

For what its worth, today I saw a couple resplendent in Sabres gear (Ryan Miller blue slug jersey with #30 on the front for him and Sabres hat and tee for her) outside the Fairmont Royal York in downtown Toronto. Very swanky hotel close to the Air Canada Centre.

Perhaps the couple was on an ill-conceived trip to Toronto to see playoff hockey? (Actually, the Hockey Hall of Fame is just down the street from the Royal York which could explain things).

Dedicated fans to be wearing the team colours - in the heart of enemy territory - at the start of the NHL postseason given that the Sabres have missed clearing the mediocrity bar two years in a row.

Watching the various playoff games this week, it struck me just how many fans were wearing their respective teams Jerseys. In many of the arena's it would appear it is close to 70 - 80 % , perhaps more. Can remember as child being taken to pond with my new Boston Bruins uniform ( dreamed of being a Bruin goalie one day, alas it a dream as I was a terrible goalie :blush: ) Recall seeing all the other children in gear representing all the other various teams, Leaf and Canadians dominant in my area, the Bruins were not very good in my youth , thus I was ragged on huge for having Bruin gear. Perhaps it shouldn't but it amazes me seeing the large amount of folks wearing hockey gear. Frankly its costly these days.

Do you own a Sabre Jersey, or even have children with full Sabre gear or perhaps that of another team? The panorama view of so many wearing gear at least on Television impressive.

Let's be honest, u are talking about seeing all these people with jersey's during these playoff games. If you've got the coin to be taking urself and family/kids to a playoff game than u've certainly got the money for the jersey. During the regular season you don't see nearly as many. Saying that, I've got a Miller jersey and certainly don't have the money for the playoff games hahahhaa.

Black authentic (SP) goathead - Peca

White authentic (CCM) goathead - Satan (I just wanted a jersey that said "SATAN" on it)

Blue authentic 2006-07 (RBK) third - Pominville

Blue authentic 2006-07 (RBK) slug - Roy

Blue authentic 2008-09 (RBK) thid - Mair

and the pi?ce de r?sistance:

Black game-worn 2002 pre-season (KOHO) goathead - Roy (his first dark Sabres jersey.)

What can I say? I'm a collector. As an aside, that 2008-09 third is definitely the best jersey.

1. Vintage home white, bought for $30 when the goatheads came out & Laux was trying to clear out its inventory.

2. Red third jersey with black circle and crossed steak knives on the front. I still like this sweater, even though I didn't like the red and black color scheme.

Neither has a name or number on it.

Speaking of fans wearing Sabres jerseys....

For what its worth, today I saw a couple resplendent in Sabres gear (Ryan Miller blue slug jersey with #30 on the front for him and Sabres hat and tee for her) outside the Fairmont Royal York in downtown Toronto. Very swanky hotel close to the Air Canada Centre.

Perhaps the couple was on an ill-conceived trip to Toronto to see playoff hockey? (Actually, the Hockey Hall of Fame is just down the street from the Royal York which could explain things).

Dedicated fans to be wearing the team colours - in the heart of enemy territory - at the start of the NHL postseason given that the Sabres have missed clearing the mediocrity bar two years in a row.

Haha yeah I was in St. Louis for work a few weeks ago and wore a Sabres t-shirt and hat to a game vs. SJ. Of course, they're nothing close to an enemy to us... their fans were awesome though, talked hockey with them a bit. I was definitely warmly welcomed.

and the pi?ce de r?sistance:

Black game-worn 2002 pre-season (KOHO) goathead - Roy (his first dark Sabres jersey.)

What can I say? I'm a collector. As an aside, that 2008-09 third is definitely the best jersey.

curious... how'd you get this jersey?

I was talking with my roommates last week about the game worns... have the Sabres always auctioned them? In Pittsburgh and DC they give them away at the last home game if you're sitting in the winning seat, if I recall correctly.

curious... how'd you get this jersey?

I was talking with my roommates last week about the game worns... have the Sabres always auctioned them? In Pittsburgh and DC they give them away at the last home game if you're sitting in the winning seat, if I recall correctly.

Off of Ebay, but from a reputable collector who was well known at gameworn.net and has his collection posted online (if you search, you can find pics of the jersey in his "sold" section.) It came with a letter of authenticity and is photo-matched to three different pictures using two distinct stick/puck marks (I discovered the second mark-match after receiving it, but the first is rather unique.) It was before Meigray's NHL Game Worn program, but they have agree to register it with the photo-match ... as soon as I send it.

It's this jersey:

post-1053-1240165039_thumbjpgpost-1053-1240165128_thumbjpg

(9/25/2002 pre-season game.)

Interesting. Admit to being older person. Around since the twenties. :blush: . Trying to recall if so many adults did wear sports jerseys ect. These days to me at least its remarkable so many do, young , old, man, woman , child. Comment not meant to be negative, just old man observing. :)

I've got two replicas of the original jersey - both the blue & white.

I REALLY want to collect every jersey and have been watching ebay for the goatheads and the slugs....the prices just haven't agreed with me. The one I want the most is the third, red jersey with the crossing swords.

I have a sports jersey collection, mostly soccer and hockey. Here is what I have in hockey sweaters:

Sabres red KoHo repli-thentic Dumont and Hasek

Sabres old school blue and gold authentic home white, authentic autographed COA Perreault

Sabres slug blue repli-thentic Drury; plain no-name/number (stood in line for this when they came out, one of the first 10 sold)

Sabres slug white repli-thentic Vanek and Gaustad

Sabres new thirds Miller

Sabres black goat head game worn authentic autographed Briere

Team Finland blue Numminen

Montreal Canadiens vintage authentic with "10" for LaFleur

Montreal Canadiens 1993 Stanley Cup patch Patrick Roy

Quebec Nordiques blank but plan to get "Statsny"

Washington Capitals on-ice authentic Ovechkin

2 Labatt's Blue jerseys

All-Star jersey Briere

Black authentic (SP) goathead - Peca

White authentic (CCM) goathead - Satan (I just wanted a jersey that said "SATAN" on it)

Blue authentic 2006-07 (RBK) third - Pominville

Blue authentic 2006-07 (RBK) slug - Roy

Blue authentic 2008-09 (RBK) third - Mair

Black Goathead Satan

White Goathead Peca

White Goathead Hasek (autographed)

Blue Slug Drury

White Slug Roy

White Vintage Dudley

Hmm ... we seem to agree on players, but not colors. :thumbsup:

My goal in life is to find the rare Marty Biron 00 jersey.

Mine is to find one of those game worn "New York" Sabres jerseys from the Sabres-Rangers game after 9-11:

post-1053-1240208419_thumbjpg

Is it me or is Timmy wearing #18?

post-1053-1240208435_thumbjpg

Edit: I just checked and Timmy did wear 18 with the Islanders and this was one of his first games as a Sabres, so it probably is. I guess Miro convinced him that it is bad luck ... (Note: Gare's number wasn't retired until 2005.)

Mine is to find one of those game worn "New York" Sabres jerseys from the Sabres-Rangers game after 9-11:

post-1053-1240208419_thumbjpg

Is it me or is Timmy wearing #18?

post-1053-1240208435_thumbjpg

Edit: I just checked and Timmy did wear 18 with the Islanders and this was one of his first games as a Sabres, so it probably is. I guess Miro convinced him that it is bad luck ... (Note: Gare's number wasn't retired until 2005.)

I believe Connolly switched to 19 after the lockout in anticipation of the number retirement.

I have an old time white authenic with LaFontaine's name & number & "C" on it. I have an old time blue replica that I still wear frequently.

I have both a black and a white version of the late 90's early 00's and I have one of the alternate red with the crossed sabres on it. All of these I still wear from time to time, mostly when I'm watching a Sabres game.

I have yet to get one of the slugalo jerseys, or the newer version of the blue that they thought would be enough to satisfy the folks that wanted the old style brought back.

Archived