Heard an interesting rumor today on my route.

Claude Balls

So I was at this office and was talking to the owner of the company who is a huge Bills fan. He tells me that him and his son had heard a rumor that Golisano was going to sell the Sabres and get together with Kelly to work on buying the Bills. Has anyone else heard this? I'm sure it's just BS, but hey, what do I know.

So I was at this office and was talking to the owner of the company who is a huge Bills fan. He tells me that him and his son had heard a rumor that Golisano was going to sell the Sabres and get together with Kelly to work on buying the Bills. Has anyone else heard this? I'm sure it's just BS, but hey, what do I know.

...then Balsille buys the Sabres and in the contract it says he cannot move the Sabres for X amount of years. Yeah, we've heard it but it's unsubstantiated.

...then Balsille buys the Sabres and in the contract it says he cannot move the Sabres for X amount of years. Yeah, we've heard it but it's unsubstantiated.

It won't happen with Basillie unless the deal is within a year or 2 they move, and the league knows this so they won't approve him buying a team. The only way he gets one is if he gets a team the league is forced to move, or he gets an expansion team that can eventually be placed in Kitchener Waterloo.

As for TG, its been rumored many times, but for him to do it he would have to sell many of his assetts because most of his money is tied up in buisnesses and the Sabres, As for Kelly, salaries weren't as big back when he played, and even know, players salaries would barely pay for a small fraction of a team (except Haynesworth's)

It won't happen with Basillie unless the deal is within a year or 2 they move, and the league knows this so they won't approve him buying a team. The only way he gets one is if he gets a team the league is forced to move, or he gets an expansion team that can eventually be placed in Kitchener Waterloo.

As for TG, its been rumored many times, but for him to do it he would have to sell many of his assetts because most of his money is tied up in buisnesses and the Sabres, As for Kelly, salaries weren't as big back when he played, and even know, players salaries would barely pay for a small fraction of a team (except Haynesworth's)

no, but Kelly would be a great frontman for the team along with Thurman Thomas...lets be realistic, there is a reason Thurman moved back to the area after being away for so long---he hinted in as much by saying something like he came back to help out Jim with some things...

Certainly nothing wrong with dreaming. Have a local owner for Bills and Mr. Balsillie owning the Sabres, opening a RIM office in Buffalo and providing more employment. Certainly all that would be a wonderful boost. Who knows it could happen, why not dream a little...

Certainly nothing wrong with dreaming. Have a local owner for Bills and Mr. Balsillie owning the Sabres, opening a RIM office in Buffalo and providing more employment. Certainly all that would be a wonderful boost. Who knows it could happen, why not dream a little...

It could... Why do you put such thoughts in my mind!?

Golisano owning the Bills. Whoop-de-frigckin'-do! Maybe Larry Quinn can work his magic in the NFL too. TG would make fans miss the free-spending Ralph Wilson.

PTR

Exactly.

Bills fans think that some new owner, like TG is going to make a huge difference and that they will be free wheeling big spenders. Ralph is spending money, it just hasn't been on the guys everyone wants

I have said it MANY times before. TG won't bring a huge change in spending for the better, he might come in and be worse then what they currently have. Using the Sabres as an example, he is all about "the bottom line" and spending no more then he makes. He will not operate in the red, even if it means that the team won't be contenders. He runs the team just like a buisness. If he is going to spend more, We fans are going to have to spend even more because he doesn't want to lose any money. He will have way more money invested in a football team then a hockey team.

no, but Kelly would be a great frontman for the team along with Thurman Thomas...lets be realistic, there is a reason Thurman moved back to the area after being away for so long---he hinted in as much by saying something like he came back to help out Jim with some things...

Not saying that it isn't because he is about to become a minority owner of the Niagara Bills, but he has a couple of really legit reasons to move back that don't include ownership of an NFL team. His wife is from WNY and having played the majority of his career in Buffalo, he has some business opportunites open to him that might not be available to him in Missouri City.

why not just own both ? the NFL owners can vote to allow him to purchase the bills and keep his stake in the sabres.
Because he doesn't have the kind of money to own the Sabres and buy the Bills, if he wants to keep Paychex and any of his other investments. He's listed as being worth just over a billion, and the Sabres are worth about $200 million, and the Bills are going to fetch around $800+ million

Not going to happen unless he can live his life off the profits of the Sabres and the Bills

Not saying that it isn't because he is about to become a minority owner of the Niagara Bills, but he has a couple of really legit reasons to move back that don't include ownership of an NFL team. His wife is from WNY and having played the majority of his career in Buffalo, he has some business opportunites open to him that might not be available to him in Missouri City.

Thurman also has ownership in the Rochester Raiders team.

As for TG owning the Bills and not spending money?? Everyone is missing the point. He would be in a partnership with Kelly and others. It wouldn't be his decision only on how much money gets spent. If Jim Kelly were involved, I don't think they would be quite as cheap as everyone thinks. Kelly knows better than anyone you need good talent to win in the NFL, and he wouldn't be afraid to bring it in. Besides, It's easier to make money in the NFL than the NHL anyways.

I dont think that would ever happen, if anything Golisano would just buy the bills and have kelly run it like he did with the sabres. That guy has more money then he knows what to do with.

-do you believe

Because he doesn't have the kind of money to own the Sabres and buy the Bills, if he wants to keep Paychex and any of his other investments. He's listed as being worth just over a billion, and the Sabres are worth about $200 million, and the Bills are going to fetch around $800+ million

Not going to happen unless he can live his life off the profits of the Sabres and the Bills

He can def own both all those records show is how much he is worth not how much he as.

He can def own both all those records show is how much he is worth not how much he as.

?????????

You do realise that what you just said means pretty much the same thing. Its not like he is worth $1.5 billion but he actually has another Billion just sitting around that isn't accounted for in his worth.

And Rayzer, you do realise that Kelly barely has the money to own 5% in the Sabres. Thats not going to get you much of a say in the team. Golisano would have to be the money guy. In Kelly and Thurmans Career, they didn't make as much as modern day players, which would still leave them short of having a fair sized stake in a Pro Football Franchise. TG is worth alot, but he doesn't have the kind of cash it would take to just buy the Bills laying around not tied up in some investments. Between the Sabres, HSBC Arena, Paychex........, he could afford to buy the Bills but he would have to sell some of his stake in what he already owns to come up with the kind of money it costs to own a NFL Franchise

Archived