kovalchuk out against sabres

freester

I really don't mean to sound all negative here, cause obviously not having Kovalchuk in the lineup will weaken Atlanta immensely.

However, am I the only one who's scared to death that the guys are now thinking this will be another "easy game"?

Shouldn't it be??

Seriously, I don't understand the logic of playing with less effort because the team is weaker and/or their star player is out. To me, it would be a huge red flag that there is an opportunity here to absolutely embarrass an opponent and pad some stats. I think the whole "we thought it would be an easy game" excuse is nothing more than a cover up for "we got our lunch handed to us by some deadbeats because we suck"... Playing down to your opponent's level is weak, and if it's true, should NEVER be muttered to anyone in the press. It's one thing to admit you're just not that good, but lame excuses are just that......LAME. Play with some pride or GTFO!!!

That said, I think we'll pad some stats tonight :thumbsup:

Shouldn't it be??

Seriously, I don't understand the logic of playing with less effort because the team is weaker and/or their star player is out. To me, it would be a huge red flag that there is an opportunity here to absolutely embarrass an opponent and pad some stats. I think the whole "we thought it would be an easy game" excuse is nothing more than a cover up for "we got our lunch handed to us by some deadbeats because we suck"... Playing down to your opponent's level is weak, and if it's true, should NEVER be muttered to anyone in the press. It's one thing to admit you're just not that good, but lame excuses are just that......LAME. Play with some pride or GTFO!!!

Well, history says Buffalo has trouble getting points against bottom third teams, so whatever the reason it just needs to stop.

Shouldn't it be??

my new favorite poster!!! :worthy:

Kind of like when the Sabres had a huge break playing the Islanders without Guerin, Dipietro, or any real assemblance of talent at all and still lost 2-0? There is no such thing as an easy game especially against a team that's been red hot and just shutout Calgary. Kovy or not, this will be a tough game against a very motivated team that's playing for pride.

Atlanta just lost its best player. If we can't beat them at home, then we are not a playoff team.

Welcome to the board, "freester". Just remember that this board isn't like TSW. It's for grown-ups. I'll be watching you. No lame, whacked-out trade or FA theories like "we should bring in T.O."

Oh, that's right...

Kind of like when the Sabres had a huge break playing the Islanders without Guerin, Dipietro, or any real assemblance of talent at all and still lost 2-0? There is no such thing as an easy game especially against a team that's been red hot and just shutout Calgary. Kovy or not, this will be a tough game against a very motivated team that's playing for pride.

Well said,the Thrashers are not in the picture so there gunning for nothing more than spoilage and team unification.

...that would be semblance - :thumbsup:

Archived