Little surprise in Pirates Clear Day roster

wildcat48

So the Pirates are riding Enroth without a backup for the rest of the season?

I hope you weren't expecting a response from Wildcat? He only comes here long enough to start another thread with a link to his website in order to generate traffic to it. ;)

I hope you weren't expecting a response from Wildcat? He only comes here long enough to start another thread with a link to his website in order to generate traffic to it. ;)

This is why I stopped clicking them.

like any of us care about the pirates and their little "o the pro league took our good players" soap opera

Some of us do care about the Pirates, their success and our prospects' development. The constant back-and-forth bickering and whining about players being moved back and forth and the minor league team needing to "know their role" gets a little tiresome - from both sides.

Some of us do care about the Pirates, their success and our prospects' development. The constant back-and-forth bickering and whining about players being moved back and forth and the minor league team needing to "know their role" gets a little tiresome - from both sides.

Yeah, this whole thing has me confused. I don't get why people are so quick to jump all over him for these posts. Maybe it's the fallout with Rochester or the current state of the Sabres, but these reactions seem way over the top. I may be losing it, but the thought that a team needs to carry more than 4 healthy defensemen seems perfectly reasonable.

Maybe the slight hostility in this thread is due in part to most not having a clue what a clear day roster is. The listing of the injured players is going to throw off most people.

Yeah, this whole thing has me confused. I don't get why people are so quick to jump all over him for these posts. Maybe it's the fallout with Rochester or the current state of the Sabres, but these reactions seem way over the top. I may be losing it, but the thought that a team needs to carry more than 4 healthy defensemen seems perfectly reasonable.

Maybe the slight hostility in this thread is due in part to most not having a clue what a clear day roster is. The listing of the injured players is going to throw off most people.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. I can understand both points - it is the responsbility of the parent club to provide XX number of healthy players, based on their affiliation agreement; and while doing their best to put a good group of prosects and journeymen together on the farm team and hope that they can compete for a playoff spot and/or Calder Cup, the affiliate's main role is to develop the Sabres' prospects and be their farm team. It can be a difficult line to walk...

:thumbsup:

I'm glad he posts and always read the site. What happens in Portland does effect the Sabres.

Archived