Guys That Would Fit At The Deadline

Lethbridge Broncos

Out of the lineup should be:

Ellis (servicable /good sub);

Mair (love the guy, but he is washed up -- he does nothing of value except skate around in circles under the scoreboard 9/10 shifts);

Hecht (he is the most overpriced player in the National League -- and is fleecing the organization (salary of $4 mm) and his average efforts are not enough to

merit the cash he makes; and

Sekara (should be a sub --- needs more seasoning, in light of the soft defense, he is the logically choice to sit when they deal for a vet backliner).

=================================

Into the lineup should go Afinogenov (speed and vet presence). Players that would fit in with this team and give them the needed fiber going forward are:

Ruslan Salei (vet, solid hitter to take pressure of Rivet)

Halpren (faceoffs -- good attacker and forechecker)

Arnott (leader, leader, leader -- Nashville might be tempted to move him. Has everything a team like Buffalo needs)

Barrett Jackman (vicious competitor -- a guy that can make good first passes out of the zone on breakouts and clean up the front of the net)

Mair (love the guy, but he is washed up -- he does nothing of value except skate around in circles under the scoreboard 9/10 shifts);

Hecht (he is the most overpriced player in the National League -- and is fleecing the organization (salary of $4 mm) and his average efforts are not enough to

Sekara (should be a sub --- needs more seasoning, in light of the soft defense, he is the logically choice to sit when they deal for a vet backliner).

Into the lineup should go Afinogenov (speed and vet presence). Players that would fit in with this team and give them the needed fiber going forward are:

Arnott (leader, leader, leader -- Nashville might be tempted to move him. Has everything a team like Buffalo needs)

Barrett Jackman (vicious competitor -- a guy that can make good first passes out of the zone on breakouts and clean up the front of the net)

Yeah and my poo is purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet.

I can't take anything you say seriously when you keep mentioning Afinogenov and playing for the Sabres in the same sentence. You're calling Mair washed up but you want to see Max?

Do you have some wires crossed in your brain or something? I don't even want what you must be smoking, because if it comes with this kind of brain damage, the price is too high.

I was wondering why 37 people viewed this thread and 0 people responded, and then I read the post :wallbash:

Seriously, do you even watch hockey??

Give the kid a break. He's just trying to start a discussion. Give him some time and he will eventually realize that just isn't how Regier thinks.

It's easy to say Thisguy or Thatguy should sit. But who are you going to put in in place of them. Where is this Magical Hockey Happyland were you can just pluck good players off the Hockey tree that haven't already been plucked by another team.

As far as Max goes. I've wanted for so long for him to be good. I thought that Ruff should have put the RAV line back together(because Max can create and Roy and Vanek are good enough to make up for his mistakes) But I've just seen too much of him to know that he will always be a defensive liability.

I don't know if it's at all possible by I would like to have Arnott on the Sabres.

This isnt how DR thinks? Hah, are you a mindreader? Oh, no, I suppose you base that comment on the fact that you have seen him act as GM for the Sabres for 10 + years and then as assistant GM with the Islanders, right? You then watched him play junior for Lethbridge and eat dinner with him ofter, right? Haha, the way DR thinks.

Your a clown. On March 4th, you come and send me an email about the moves they make and the sandpapering they do the lineup. Your the brain-child, who last week, said that the Sabres would be sellers at the deadline. And you think you have standing to comment on anything ever again after that comment? haha, yes, b/k the "Sabres will be sellers". Do you still think that? No, you dont do you, b/k you saw DR news conf yest about BUYING and you read my posts about having stock piles of prospects to deal away safely.

Don't let your mouth write checks your brian can't cash, kid.

Give the kid a break. He's just trying to start a discussion. Give him some time and he will eventually realize that just isn't how Regier thinks.

This isnt how DR thinks? Hah, are you a mindreader? Oh, no, I suppose you base that comment on the fact that you have seen him act as GM for the Sabres for 10 + years and then as assistant GM with the Islanders, right? You then watched him play junior for Lethbridge and eat dinner with him ofter, right? Haha, the way DR thinks.

Your a clown. On March 4th, you come and send me an email about the moves they make and the sandpapering they do the lineup. Your the brain-child, who last week, said that the Sabres would be sellers at the deadline. And you think you have standing to comment on anything ever again after that comment? haha, yes, b/k the "Sabres will be sellers". Do you still think that? No, you dont do you, b/k you saw DR news conf yest about BUYING and you read my posts about having stock piles of prospects to deal away safely.

Don't let your mouth write checks your brian can't cash, kid.

I can only reply one way:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgTIbBt8pZY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgTIbBt8pZY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Cheer up!

I can't take anything you say seriously when you keep mentioning Afinogenov and playing for the Sabres in the same sentence. You're calling Mair washed up but you want to see Max?

Do you have some wires crossed in your brain or something? I don't even want what you must be smoking, because if it comes with this kind of brain damage, the price is too high.

Who are you? Nobody--I suspect. He makes some very valid points. Is Max better then Mair? What have you been smokin in your peace pipe? Purple poo? If you think that Mair is better than Afinogenov then YOU are the one that?s toast. You sound like the dopey freaks at WGR. In fact that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard you freaks utter so far! You should think before you expose yourself as an idiot.

Although I do not agree with his comments about Sekara his assessment of Hecht is right on and was a very questionable signing. Even you should realize that that was a bad deal.

Darcy has removed McKee, Dumont, and Grier not to mention others that were legitimate leaders and did not bother replacing them so although wishful, the lack of leadership is noted.

By the way lets hear some more of your ideas and the rest of the board can cross examine you with the same tact that you use not very much fun and not very constructive is it?

:wallbash:

Who are you? Nobody--I suspect. He makes some very valid points. Is Max better then Mair? What have you been smokin in your peace pipe? Purple poo? If you think that Mair is better than Afinogenov then YOU are the one that's toast. You sound like the dopey freaks at WGR. In fact that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard you freaks utter so far! You should think before you expose yourself as an idiot.

Although I do not agree with his comments about Sekara his assessment of Hecht is right on and was a very questionable signing. Even you should realize that that was a bad deal.

Darcy has removed McKee, Dumont, and Grier not to mention others that were legitimate leaders and did not bother replacing them so although wishful, the lack of leadership is noted.

By the way lets hear some more of your ideas and the rest of the board can cross examine you with the same tact that you use not very much fun and not very constructive is it?

It's really not about whether or not his assessments are correct. Anyone can see that Hecht has had a bad season not worthy of his salary and that Max is more talented than Mair (although they have different roles, neither has really done much positive when in the lineup ... and I question how much "vet presence" Max would bring to the lineup. He plays like a confused rookie most of the time).

And his assesments of the players he wants to get are fine ... the reason people are jumping on him is there is no explanation for exactly HOW the Sabres are supposed to acquire Ruslan Salei, Jeff Halpern, Jason Arnott and Barrett Jackman. I mean, that's a LOT of proven NHL talent there. What is going the other way? Hecht, with his HORRIBLE contract? If he is fleecing the Sabres, who else is signing up for that? Any or all of those players would be nice additions, but basically he is dreaming. IN GENERAL, Regier does not make blockbuster deals at the deadline, and anything bringing in an Arnott would be a blockbuster for Regier. That's what DeLuca meant when he said that this isn't how Regier thinks.

Facinating. So, do you work for youtube? Or do you actually comment on hockey and the Sabres on occasion? I mean, the video was moving/ instructive/ incredible/ captivating and really captured the essence of what you were trying to transcend, right? Yet, you said nothing about the Sabres or hockey in the entire post. There seems to be a substantive disconnect here, right? Again, and to reiterate, you posted a youtube video -- into a thread where you have no other posts (infact, i ve never seen you post anything on this site) that has nothing to do with the Sabres or hockey. How do you justify this? Was it an attempt at humor? Do you like videos? Are you a youtube junky? Do you want people to hear that "hip' song that was cool many years ago? Are you the "life of the party" who decided to try to amuse people with a video response to a conversation between DoLuke and myself? I dont get it. Please elaborate. Most facinating. Maybe you will respond with another video. Will it capture your feelings exactly? What about a clip from the Godfather? Give us something profound...oh, the anticipation for your videos. BTW, do you set things to music also? what about interpretive dance, ever do that?

I can only reply one way:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgTIbBt8pZY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgTIbBt8pZY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Cheer up!

That is gross to talk about your #%^$#! buddy, unless your talking about Labatt Blue. This is a PG site. :)

Um, yea, Mair is washed up. Afinogenov is a Russian Olympic player. But I see you point, really... lol...haaa

Fella, your holding a pitchfork and torch just like everyone else -- in an effort to get rid of Max.

Is Max better then Mair?

Mair is better at his role than Max is at his. For what it's worth, Mair has scored 0.119 goals/game this season, while Max has scored 0.059 goals/game. Who's the scorer? Mair also makes 1/5 of what Max makes this year ($750k vs. $3.5 million.) Lindy thinks enough of Mair's skill that he put him up with Roy and Pommer for most of the third period against the Ducks. I would be far more upset if we traded away Mair than Max ... and not just because I have his third jersey. ;)

Who are you? Nobody--I suspect. He makes some very valid points. Is Max better then Mair? What have you been smokin in your peace pipe? Purple poo? If you think that Mair is better than Afinogenov then YOU are the one that?s toast. You sound like the dopey freaks at WGR. In fact that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard you freaks utter so far! You should think before you expose yourself as an idiot.

Dude, a guy who has 13 posts shouldn't be blasting one of the boards more respected posters, that is problem number one. Esspicially since out of his 1300 or whatever posts, most of them made sense, unlike yours. I don't think any of the 13 you posted have made any sense? And this one is just as stupid as any other ones. He is simply calling out the guy who is suggesting we play MAX and bashes Mair.

Hecht had a bad year. Other then that, he's been a real good player for the Sabres. A two-way forward, a good faceoff guy and very good for the PK and scored a decent amount of goals. But then you blame for getting rid of Jay McKee? He was awesome in Buffalo, i loved him here, but in St Louis, he's over paid AND has played like garbage. He's getting hurt at the same rate as Connolly for gods sake. Grier was a good player but he's nothing more then a shut-down line forward. We have Hecht to do that. Or Paille. For much cheaper. Heck, even Ellis can do what Grier did. Dumont stun, but we were out of the market. I can't believe people whine about losing Dumont when we won the President's Trophy the following year. It obviously didn't hurt us that much losing him. Wake up!

Seriously, you're posts are starting to get annoying. At first, they were just stupid, but now you're aiming to attack some of the best users on this forum. Probably not a good idea.

Facinating. So, do you work for youtube? Or do you actually comment on hockey and the Sabres on occasion? I mean, the video was moving/ instructive/ incredible/ captivating and really captured the essence of what you were trying to transcend, right? Yet, you said nothing about the Sabres or hockey in the entire post. There seems to be a substantive disconnect here, right? Again, and to reiterate, you posted a youtube video -- into a thread where you have no other posts (infact, i ve never seen you post anything on this site) that has nothing to do with the Sabres or hockey. How do you justify this? Was it an attempt at humor? Do you like videos? Are you a youtube junky? Do you want people to hear that "hip' song that was cool many years ago? Are you the "life of the party" who decided to try to amuse people with a video response to a conversation between DoLuke and myself? I dont get it. Please elaborate. Most facinating. Maybe you will respond with another video. Will it capture your feelings exactly? What about a clip from the Godfather? Give us something profound...oh, the anticipation for your videos. BTW, do you set things to music also? what about interpretive dance, ever do that?

No, more than occasionally,no, i was commenting that you were disrespecting other people and blasting them for no reason, there is a disconnect but so is the point of you pointing out that someone changed their mind about what the sabres should be doing for the deadline, i actually do have another post in the thread near the top making fun of darcy, yes it was humor but you don't have a sense of one, i do like videos, not really, there are more than one i can think of that I'm sure many people would like to hear, "life of the party" no, no video this time sorry, never saw the godfather, never set anything up to music, interpretive dance nope

I think i answered all your questions. Let me know if i missed any.

disrespecting deDuika? come on man. isnt that impossible?

No, more than occasionally,no, i was commenting that you were disrespecting other people and blasting them for no reason, there is a disconnect but so is the point of you pointing out that someone changed their mind about what the sabres should be doing for the deadline, i actually do have another post in the thread near the top making fun of darcy, yes it was humor but you don't have a sense of one, i do like videos, not really, there are more than one i can think of that I'm sure many people would like to hear, "life of the party" no, no video this time sorry, never saw the godfather, never set anything up to music, interpretive dance nope

I think i answered all your questions. Let me know if i missed any.

Archived