As we move into a 4 way tie for 5th place...

matter2003

If you HAD to pick one...  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 4 teams is MOST LIKELY to miss the playoffs?

• Montreal
    • Florida
    • Buffalo
    • New York Rangers

I know Carolina is now 5 points back again, but if you had to pick one team that would miss the playoffs out of the four that are tied---Montreal, Florida, Buffalo and NY Rangers, which would it be?

My pick would be the Rangers---that team has been brutal the past 2 or 3 months since starting off on fire...they have an absolutely horrendous GF/GA differential---only 7 or 8 teams in the NHL are worse than the Rangers -18, and almost all of those teams are way out of the playoff race...Drury seems lost over there and doesn't seem to be able to handle playing in NY and Lundquist has been very average or even below average this year...

I voted for the Habs. They are coming apart at the seams. They lost their leading scorer for the year, they just suspended Kovalev (although they didn't call it a suspension) and sent one of the Kostitsyns down to the minors, their 2nd-best defenseman (Komisarek) has been pretty shaky and their goalie is young and shaky.

I'd like very much for it to be the Rangers, but I think they have good coaching, good goaltending and too much experience to fall completely off the table.

And shame on you if you voted for the Sabres.

I voted the Rangers. They are sinking fast and the players seem completely disinterested in turning it around. I also expect Sather to make some really bad moves come the trade deadline overpaying for players that wont make a difference.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Too bad Lindros is retired.

What's more interesting, is who does he give up?

I voted the Rangers. They are sinking fast and the players seem completely disinterested in turning it around. I also expect Sather to make some really bad moves come the trade deadline overpaying for players that wont make a difference.

Nik Antropov comes to mind, if they weren't so close to MTL in the standings, I could see Kovalev in a Rangers uni...again.

Archived