[OT] Do you Live in Buffalo....

elcrusho

Do you live in the City of Buffalo....

Not Amherst or Cheektowaga or Kenmore...

...but live inside the city limits of Buffalo whether it is North Buffalo, The West Side, Downtown, South Buffalo or even Kaisertown...

In the city, blocks from some of my favorite restaurants and a short stroll from Kleinhans. Love the character of the area and the characters in the area.

Do you live in the City of Buffalo....

Not Amherst or Cheektowaga or Kenmore...

...but live inside the city limits of Buffalo whether it is North Buffalo, The West Side, Downtown, South Buffalo or even Kaisertown...

hell no...I live on the border of Depew and Lancaster...I wanted my house value to appreciate not depreciate :blush:

In rural Connecticut now but grew up right in the 42 square miles of the Queen City. For many years on Penhurst Parkway and attended what would now be called a magnet school on the campus of Buff State (Randy Smith excelled at hoop and soccer while I was a kid). Annually there used to be something called the Children's Charity Ball at Kleinhans Music Hall (attended by kids not in need of charity) and the first year of the Sabres (I may have been all of 12) the Knox boys (probably 12 and 14) had Sabres logo cummerbunds.

We used to play football after school on the grounds of the State Hospital and they had all sorts walking around back then.

Corner of Lincoln and Eugene. Argonne is nice - would have bought in that area had there been something available at the time. Now, the wife wants to buy on Danbury :wallbash:

I grew up on West Girard until I was 13, then on Louvaine Dr not far away, until graduating from UB. Ken-ton is always my home. My wife is from the West Side, off of Elmwood. Now we live near Albany NY.

I live in Pittsburgh now. Actually Mt. Lebanon which is 5 minutes from the city limits. I grew up in Emporium Pa. Which is about 2 1/2 hrs south of Buffalo or an hour south of Olean if you want to look at it that way. Growing up I lived on the side of town that got Buffalo channels the other half got the Pittsburgh stations. Also since my pops was a UB grad with ties to Hertel Ave I spent a few summers up there over on Ft Erie/Crystal Beach. I have loved the city of Buffalo for years but never lived there and now that I am 25 years into my fandom I can't change now not even if I wanted to. I hate living in Pittsburgh with all the Championships and the gloating and the rubbing it in. That reminds me I need to clean my automatic weapons before I go in to work tomorrow.

On David Dr. off of Whitmer Rd. which was about a half mile from NF Blvd.

Ah, out by Oppenheim. My brother and his family had an apartment off either Whitmer or Sy a few years back, and my cousin lives on Ferchen. Nice area.

Ah, out by Oppenheim. My brother and his family had an apartment off either Whitmer or Sy a few years back, and my cousin lives on Ferchen. Nice area.

There's a place I haven't heard of for awhile...Oppenheim Zoo.. I was right down Whitmer rd from them.

Graduated from Niagara Wheatfield in 90

There's a place I haven't heard of for awhile...Oppenheim Zoo.. I was right down Whitmer rd from them.

Graduated from Niagara Wheatfield in 90

Not much of a "Zoo" anymore, though.

I remember being at Oppenheim when the Blue Angels had their collision during the NF Air Show and watching the one jet going down and disappearing over the treeline.

Not much of a "Zoo" anymore, though.

I remember being at Oppenheim when the Blue Angels had their collision during the NF Air Show and watching the one jet going down and disappearing over the treeline.

That was a crazy day... I remember it well. My father was in charge of public affairs out at the air base. We were on Goat Island that day at a family picnic when the park police came and picked him up. We later learned what had happened. That was a very tragic accident. That blue angle pilot who surrived did an amazing job getting the plane to the wooded area accross the street from the base. It could've been alot worse.

Archived