Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Would you like to explain why it's a "retarded post" or are you just trying to be funny? If you are trying to be funny you might want to learn from those who are really good at it.

Can you seriously not see why? Or are you just trying to be funny? If you are trying to be funny, you might want to learn from those who are really good at it.

They are the slacker guy at work who does just enough not to get fired. :thumbdown:

I wasn't saying they work hard overall. My point was based on a game by game observation. There have been plenty of games this year where the team has "worked hard" and earned 2. There have also been plenty of games where the team has not worked at all and lost the game. That's their glaring inconsistency. I agree with you that overall, they barely get by. But my post was eluding to the fact that on some nights they show up and work hard, and on other nights, not so much.

Wow! Coming back from 3-0 against the 13th best team in the Western Conference. Again this team plays 10 minutes out 60 and steals points from one of the leagues bottom feeders.

The Sabres do have two things going for them.

1) The Eastern Conference is as weak as it has been in a really long time.

2) Miller seems to have regained his touch in shootouts.

Why bother being a fan if you can't even enjoy a great comeback win for the night before you have to rain on the parade? Go away until tomorrow and then you can temper our enthusiasm. Right now, the game was great to watch, so I'm going to feel good.

No matter what the feeling is about the Sabres, they didn't show up in the first period but dominated the final 45 minutes. They worked their A$$ off tonight.

It is frustrating though, isn't it? Tonight they showed what they are capable of when they really try. That's why I just want them to make the playoffs and see what happens.

Oh yeah, with the win tonight, they are in!

Why bother being a fan if you can't even enjoy a great comeback win for the night before you have to rain on the parade? Go away until tomorrow and then you can temper our enthusiasm. Right now, the game was great to watch, so I'm going to feel good.

Amen. That was an awesome game. I don't think the Sabres played well for 10 minutes out of 65. I think they dominated the last 45 minutes. Shots were like 31-13 since the start of the 2nd period. I think Marty Turco had an excellent game for Dallas, especially in the 3rd. He stood on his head. But, to see if they played hard you have to look outside the box score. They won the battles and out skated Dallas. If you do those two things, you will more then likley win the game. Sabres had to over come a 0-3 game early in the 2nd period but hard work paid off. Turco almost saved the day for Dallas but he wasn't enough to get past Buffalo. Miller i thought played pretty well. And in the 3rd and shootout i thought he was "Miller Time".

I don't think i'm drinking the kool-aid when i say that i'm proud of this game and i feel really good about this come back. I'm a huge believer that sports has a lot to do with confidence and momentum and if this game isn't the ultimate confidence booster, then idk what is. We'll see i'm my theory is right, they should come out huge on Saturday Night and send a message to Carolina.

It is frustrating though, isn't it? Tonight they showed what they are capable of when they really try. That's why I just want them to make the playoffs and see what happens.

Oh yeah, with the win tonight, they are in!

Very. I'm going to lie, i doubted they'd win this game. I posted it here. And when Richards made it 4-2, i thought for sure it was game over for us. I'm just a fool and i can't turn them off ever so i kept on watching. I know a few people now who had turned it off. It was really good to see them play like they did. They way they attacked Dallas was a very positive sign. They were so determined. I do think they need another player though. I don't think it needs to be someone how priced like Shane Doan, but somebody to help this offense click a bit more.

And like i posted earlier in this thread, love him or hate him, i know Hecht has been garbage, but it was nice to see him score. Hopefully it boosts his confidence and hopefully he gets on a little streak of his own. We could really use a return of the Hecht that we have all known in recent seasons. His celebration just shows how frustrated he was.

Great? Entertaining? Yes it was entertaining for about 45 minutes tonight. From when Gaustad scored his second to the end of the game.

also,

I am a fan because I follow the team and I want them to succeed. That doesn't include, for me, being apathetic or pretending a victory over the 23rd best team in the NHL, no matter how it happened, is any more than two points. Tonight's game doesn't out weigh the pathetic performances over the past few games or the games all season that looked the effort against the Hawks.

Amen. That was an awesome game. I don't think the Sabres played well for 10 minutes out of 65. I think they dominated the last 45 minutes. Shots were like 31-13 since the start of the 2nd period. I think Marty Turco had an excellent game for Dallas, especially in the 3rd. He stood on his head. But, to see if they played hard you have to look outside the box score. They won the battles and out skated Dallas. If you do those two things, you will more then likley win the game. Sabres had to over come a 0-3 game early in the 2nd period but hard work paid off. Turco almost saved the day for Dallas but he wasn't enough to get past Buffalo. Miller i thought played pretty well. And in the 3rd and shootout i thought he was "Miller Time".

I don't think i'm drinking the kool-aid when i say that i'm proud of this game and i feel really good about this come back. I'm a huge believer that sports has a lot to do with confidence and momentum and if this game isn't the ultimate confidence booster, then idk what is. We'll see i'm my theory is right, they should come out huge on Saturday Night and send a message to Carolina.

No one ever does. :beer:

Great? Entertaining? Yes it was entertaining for about 45 minutes tonight. From when Gaustad scored his second to the end of the game.

also,

I am a fan because I follow the team and I want them to succeed. That doesn't include, for me, being apathetic or pretending a victory over the 23rd best team in the NHL, no matter how it happened, is any more than two points. Tonight's game doesn't out weigh the pathetic performances over the past few games or the games all season that looked the effort against the Hawks.

Whatever happened before or whatever happens afterward, if you can't enjoy tonight then that just makes me sad.

I agree on all points in a broad point of view. However, if you can't enjoy an individual win independent of everything else going on with the team or the league, even if it's just a temporary feeling, then why bother watching a game against bottom-half teams at all? Really, why bother watching the games at all? Just check the score in the paper until you find that the team is leading the league again. I'm sure that true Islanders, Lightning, Panthers and Kings fans still enjoy their team's wins, despite how few they have had over the last couple of years. There's plenty of time before Saturday's game to point out how badly they played in their previous two games, why not take a little time to enjoy the comeback for just itself?

As happy as I am about the win, I still have an awful feeling in my gut about this team based on their performance the first half of the game. I know I know, they played last night in Chicago... That effort the last 10 minutes of the third made me very happy....plus it's the weekend in like 16 hours.

Anyway, Roy has been playing like arse. Detroit game he played badly too. Let's hope that Clarke and Pommers get a boost coming out of this game after their goals. Carolina Saturday, I feel REAL confident. Wish I could be there.

Ok I went to bed last night and they were down 3-1 and I wake up to see a 5-4 win. Now before I read all 12 pages of this today I have a question, is this the game where the team comes together, starts giving an effort every night and turns it around? Or do I need to get more coffee cause Im dreaming.

Ok I went to bed last night and they were down 3-1 and I wake up to see a 5-4 win. Now before I read all 12 pages of this today I have a question, is this the game where the team comes together, starts giving an effort every night and turns it around? Or do I need to get more coffee cause Im dreaming.

As the News article pointed out, a similiar thing happened last year in Dallas before the All Star game and everyont had similiar thoughts. But like Vanek Man said, this could be that game. Gaustad really seems to be exerting himself more in a leadership role and the team is getting some secondary scoring.

It would be nice if DR and LQ saw the good signs without thinking they should do nothing to improve the club. Such is the life of a Sabre fan, you want them to do well but you hope it doesn't give Darcy too much sense of thinking "I told you so!" At least they will be forced to make a move when Max comes back unless another injury bails them out again.

Archived