NHL All-Star Game

Hawerchuk

OK, nothing against the starters that were picked, but ya think the league could spread it around a little? Only 4 teams represented as starters?! Stupid.

I can't find any list of who else made it? Did VANEK and MILLER make it for the East? Teppo?? Anyone know how to find the list of who made it?

OK, nothing against the starters that were picked, but ya think the league could spread it around a little? Only 4 teams represented as starters?! Stupid.

I can't find any list of who else made it? Did VANEK and MILLER make it for the East? Teppo?? Anyone know how to find the list of who made it?

This Buffalo News article may provide some insight as to how the four-team representation happened, if you haven't seen it already. Guess the NHL really didn't try too hard to correct the totals; they're probably more concerned that Crosby, Malkin, Kovalev and Koivu keep their totals above a million.

These are the most recent results I can find. Only Vanek, Roy, Teppo and Miller crack the leader board for Buffalo. What a sham that Gonchar finished third (he's not in the starting line-up, so I'm guessing he finished third) while not playing a game all season. As far as I can tell, no indication of who else made either team.

All this crap will probably have me boycotting the game. Ugh.

BS

Komisarek has only played 21 games this year!

Another ridiculous NHL move that completely overshadows any good things this league does.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

They are catering to the Canadiens in their 100 year anniversary.

But, even so, why not just have the league all-stars play the Canadiens for the event this year.

Otherwise the all-crap game is unwatchable.

Have it after the season and keep the reg season rolling right on through.

They don't need the break at all.

Buffalo has gotten stiffed as a host in the last decade.

But, like I said, no big loss.

I will never understand why people complain about the results of fan voting. It's fan voting! It's always biased in one direction, not just for the NHL, but every other major league. Who cares if certain teams are heavily favored in a game that means absolutely nothing, especially when all of 5 people across the country will even bother to watch it.

I will never understand why people complain about the results of fan voting. It's fan voting! It's always biased in one direction, not just for the NHL, but every other major league. Who cares if certain teams are heavily favored in a game that means absolutely nothing, especially when all of 5 people across the country will even bother to watch it.

I have no problem with fan balloting except when it is being rigged by some script that was being used by numerous fans to vote endlessly.

I don't know why this is such a big deal. Remember, these are the very same fans that nearly voted Rory Fitzpatrick into the starting lineup of the NHL (not the AHL, but NHL) All-Star Game. It's equally stupid. But, it doesn't matter, this is all fan voting and I have a feeling that some guys who were voted in may end up not playing in the game anyway to rest up their bodies, etc. And don't worry, Vanek and Ovechkin are guaranteed to be in the final lineup which is all that matters as the starters don't play more than a few shifts together.

I still think that the league should allow one vote (6 EC, 6 WC) per registered account. To register each account, you would need a unique valid email. So, in order to "stuff the ballot box", the script would have to create all of the emails, register each one, click the account activation link in each email and then vote. Maybe it would still be possible, but it would have to be much slower. Is there really any good reason for a single person to be able to vote more than once?

I still think that the league should allow one vote (6 EC, 6 WC) per registered account. To register each account, you would need a unique valid email. So, in order to "stuff the ballot box", the script would have to create all of the emails, register each one, click the account activation link in each email and then vote. Maybe it would still be possible, but it would have to be much slower. Is there really any good reason for a single person to be able to vote more than once?

But...but that would make sense...

Where did all the bandwagon Chicago fans come from? The suburbs no doubt... They have been hidding for at least 18 or so years... If not more.

Gotta hand it to the PR machine. I can at least cut some slack to the MTL fans... MTL is the mecca for N. American hockey... They would have voted their teams' players in even if they were going to miss the playoffs.

:death:

I have no problem with fan balloting except when it is being rigged by some script that was being used by numerous fans to vote endlessly.

Shhh... That wouldn't happen in tech savy towns like ANA, MTL, and CHI... Where the hell does PITT fit into this equation? ;) ;)... Oops, old PITT stereotype bleeding through. :blush:

Shhh... That wouldn't happen in tech savy towns like ANA, MTL, and CHI... Where the hell does PITT fit into this equation? ;) ;)... Oops, old PITT stereotype bleeding through. :blush:

Penguins bandwagoners.... really starting to piss me off down here..... <_<

This Buffalo News article may provide some insight as to how the four-team representation happened, if you haven't seen it already. Guess the NHL really didn't try too hard to correct the totals; they're probably more concerned that Crosby, Malkin, Kovalev and Koivu keep their totals above a million.

These are the most recent results I can find. Only Vanek, Roy, Teppo and Miller crack the leader board for Buffalo. What a sham that Gonchar finished third (he's not in the starting line-up, so I'm guessing he finished third) while not playing a game all season. As far as I can tell, no indication of who else made either team.

All this crap will probably have me boycotting the game. Ugh.

Multiple Linky Post...Gives me that special feeling. :ph34r:

I like that idea a lot. I know people are not happy w/ the all-star lineup this year, but Buffalo did have 3 starters in 07. So Sabres fans shouldn't be getting as mad as fans of other teams do.

I thought Daddy hit the nail on the head with this one

Pdaddy

So maybe our thread should have asked us to vote on questions he raises ?

Again, it all comes back to what we as fans want out of the all-star game.

a.) Is it an honor for non-superstar players having career years?

b.) Is it a showcase for star players, production declines be damned?

c.) Is it a chance for the host city to flood the ballot box with local heroes?

d.) Should the fans even have a say in the player participation?

I am inclined to say combination answer a and b about 70/30 ratio weigthing of those 2.

I like that idea a lot. I know people are not happy w/ the all-star lineup this year, but Buffalo did have 3 starters in 07. So Sabres fans shouldn't be getting as mad as fans of other teams do.

Your point might be more valid if these rosters were full of Bruins and Sharks.

Archived