Trade for Avery

Sherman

Say what you want about the guy but he plays with passion. That is something that this Sabres team lacks. Dallas doesn't want him. We don't want Max and both are making about $3 Million a year. Any thoughts?

If Avery is on the Sabres, I'll start rooting for the Cryers.

No thank you. We do need more passion but we also need a team. That guy is team cancer if you've heard some of NYR's and DStars player's comments and read between the lines.

We need players that lunch bucket it as a team not individuals, got enough of those already..

We need players that lunch bucket it as a team not individuals, got enough of those already..

I've read that the Rangers are interested in bringing him back because of his passion. I agree that we need the lunch bucket guys on the team but if we have them already then they haven't brought that attitude to the ice.

I think all the players are complaicent because they know the front office will not make a move or shake up the roster.

If not Avery, a guy who plays with passion and shakes things up then what?

Say what you want about the guy but he plays with passion. That is something that this Sabres team lacks. Dallas doesn't want him. We don't want Max and both are making about $3 Million a year. Any thoughts?

I think they should consider it. I think the Sabres definitely need more players that use their bodies and screen goaltenders while camping in the crease. I've seen him do both. He is a risk with his erratic behavior and personality but if his counseling goes well you never know. Plus, since the Stars obviously want to get rid of him and he has a salary close to Max's, it would be a good way to dump a far less productive player.

Why should they do anything? You're assuming that management/ownership actually is putting winning above all else. It sounds good in a Hallmark card sort of way, but it comes down to this being a business. As long as they're making money, they don't have to do a damn thing. I think this has been proven true--look at the team we've had to watch the last year and a half.

Clearly management would like to win, but it isn't the top priority. Putting butts in the seats and selling replica jerseys are the focus, and as long as those things are happening, we can enjoy wacthing mediocrity.

I would give him a chance. What has just happened to him where even a minor league hockey team didn't want him may have opened his eyes. Sometimes you just gotta take a chance.

I wouldn't risk one dime of cap space on the gamble that this jackass has finally figured it out. Let someone else give him his 3rd or 4th or 5th chance. We've got enough problems with the guys who are already in the dressing room.

I wouldn't risk one dime of cap space on the gamble that this jackass has finally figured it out. Let someone else give him his 3rd or 4th or 5th chance. We've got enough problems with the guys who are already in the dressing room.

Excellent observation. There's no such thing as a cheap flyer on this guy. He's got 3 more years, at $4MM per, after this one still to go on his contract. No thanks (and I'd like to know who in the NHL is going to give him a shot -- I suspect no one).

Excellent observation. There's no such thing as a cheap flyer on this guy. He's got 3 more years, at $4MM per, after this one still to go on his contract. No thanks (and I'd like to know who in the NHL is going to give him a shot -- I suspect no one).

You are talking about the same organIzation that paid Tiny Timmy $10 million to do nothing for three years. They are not above wasting money and cap space.

A lunch bucket guy? Lunch bucket guys do their job and shut the f*** up and go home at the end of the day. This clown is like an eight year old in a grown man's body.

I actually think that is insulting 8 year olds, he's a jerk azz, who might have a mental problem.

Archived