Rivet out tonight

carpandean

If this is related to his knee and he needs to sit out a week or two, DO IT. If it is even worse and he needs more surgery, DO IT! He is not helping the team by playing like he has cement in his skates.

PS I appreciate his effort to "gut it out", but there comes a time when you are hurting the team more than helping it.

If this is related to his knee and he needs to sit out a week or two, DO IT. If it is even worse and he needs more surgery, DO IT! He is not helping the team by playing like he has cement in his skates.

PS I appreciate his effort to "gut it out", but there comes a time when you are hurting the team more than helping it.

I agree. Why rush him in if hes not 100 percent? I'd rather have Rivet in 2 weeks at 100 percent than now at 90.

Or mayhaps it is his knee that's bothering him and they want people to think it's above and away from it so they don't think that it's his knee. Like perhaps he cut himself shaving and that is an upper body injury.

I think it's time to recognize that Rivet is NOT the player we were all clamoring for. His play has been useful but nothing more. He is now injured for the second time in 23 games. Outside of him wearing the C he brings nothing special to the team. Most nights his play is ordinary.

I think it's time to recognize that Rivet is NOT the player we were all clamoring for. His play has been useful but nothing more. He is now injured for the second time in 23 games. Outside of him wearing the C he brings nothing special to the team. Most nights his play is ordinary.

This team could make Zetterberg look ordinary.

Which is why I continue to hold out hope that his mediocre to poor play is somehow related to his knee. If not, DR is the one who got the short end of the stick in a trade...at least in this case.

This team could make Zetterberg look ordinary.

Nah... he wouldn't allow it...

I think ordinary is the right description for Rivet though... It is not a bash but rather a statement of reality. He plays a decent game, but it just doesn't stand out. When it was first announced that he was coming here, the Youtube videos were rolled out. The next thing you know, he's wearing the C.. Finally we said... An enforcer and a leader... Where is that guy in the YouTube clips? If in his defense the answer is 'well he's hurt', then that is also a damning defense. After all, he's been broken twice in a quarter season. Broken players are and have been in abundance on these Sabres over that last 2.5 seasons. I for one am hoping he picks up his game and leads us into the playoffs. We already know what the rest of the team is capable of. He needs to be the X factor.

I just don't see a trade happening or an impact rental player coming to this year's squad. Rivet needs to put the team on his back and carry them into the playoffs.

The knee was an issue before the season even started. So that "he's already been injured twice" comment is a bit off base, especially if the team is hiding trouble with that same knee. Also, what exactly do you expect from a guy that is supposed to be a physical defensemen? Those players are going to miss the random game here and there. It goes with the style, especially when the player is north of 30.

Really? Did he hurt it in training camp or does he have a history of knee problems prior to becoming a Sabre?

Didn't Ruff make some comments when Rivet originally went out saying that this was something they knew was coming and the decided to take care of it right then?

Didn't Ruff make some comments when Rivet originally went out saying that this was something they knew was coming and the decided to take care of it right then?

Yes. It was basically just cleaning the knee up and they knew he would need to have it done at some point. Not an injury, per se, but more of routine maintenance. It's (supposed to be?) a relatively short recovery time procedure.

Yes. It was basically just cleaning the knee up and they knew he would need to have it done at some point. Not an injury, per se, but more of routine maintenance. It's (supposed to be?) a relatively short recovery time procedure.

So more to backup my thought that labeling him as "already injured twice" is off base.

Archived