Tallinder and Max to the bench, Mancari and Paetsch in

tom webster

Up from Portland is right winger Mark Mancari and in from the scratch list is defenseman Nathan Paetsch. Sentenced to seats in the press box are two longtime regulars -- defenseman Henrik Tallinder and winger Maxim Afinogenov.

Something had to be done to make the players know Lindy is serious. Hopefully this is it.

Tallinder was understandably miffed.

Afinogenov did not speak to the media after the morning skate.

Mancari was skating with Goose and Pie-YAY! in practice.

Good. Mancari can't be any worse than Max and I want to see if he can continue the glory he's had in the AHL to the bigs. Wouldn't mind seeing that huge shot he has either. Tallinder may be done too, Nate is alright. Good to see Lindy finally holding people accountable and not taking the mediocrity.

I like the idea of brining up Mancari for sure, however he is eligible to be snapped up off waivers if/when we send him back down and since he's the AHL's 2nd leading scorer I have to think someone would take a shot and take him. That's my big concern on bringing him up rather than Gerbe.

Maybe DR has something cooking?!?! Doesn't Mancari have to clear in order to be sent down again? Pure speculation of course but , it makes the whole scenario interesting.

He does indeed, which is what made me concerned when I heard he was the one being called up since I don't think he'll clear waivers once he is sent back down.

He does indeed, which is what made me concerned when I heard he was the one being called up since I don't think he'll clear waivers once he is sent back down.

this was discussed recently -- he doesn't have to clear waivers if he's up for less than 10 games.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/500759.html

"Part of it is production and part of it is defensive play," Ruff said. "Play away from the puck is important and those stats aren't very good and his stats offensively aren't very good. I've told the players I'm not going the easy route anymore."

I don't know what that means, but I hope he means it. I am just skeptical about defensive stability coming from within this organization right now no matter how many players he benches.

I like the idea behind this, but in all seriousness, is it smart? Paetsch is horrible but he is a better offensive defensman then Tallinder, but scoring wasn't a problem. Paetsch has been part of several very ugly goals already this season in his short time with Buffalo.

And Mancari? Honestly, what is this going to prove? The guy is slow as a slug. He won't hit, which is apparently the #1 criteria on this forum so you guys shouldn't get too excited. He won't score. I just don't see this being a smart move is all.

I would have prefered Weber up, and if Ruff is angry that he didn't impress his first time up, then bring up Butler. And Nate Gerbe. We need a spark. Not just to send a message to players.

I hope Lindy knows what he's doing though because we NEED a win tonight.

Slumping Sabres look to Mancari for spark

Portland, ME ? It was only a matter of time before the Buffalo Sabres came calling to the Portland Pirates for some help. On Thursday, the Sabres recalled forward Mark Mancari from the Pirates and depending on his play; it could be sometime before he?s seen in a Pirates uniform again.

It shouldn?t have come to anyone?s surprise with the Sabres play as of late versus the play of the Pirates that Buffalo would be looking to infusion some new blood into the lineup.

Link>>>>

No thanks, I have plenty. What is your question? Do you feel Paetsch is a significant upgrade over Tallinder? If so I will need to mail you some of my stash.

Haha, the way Hank has been playing, I do see Paetsch as an upgrade. I've always thought highly of Paetsch. And right now, I'd rather take his quiet-but-solid gameplay over Tallinder's.

When are you giving up the gif of Max on your site? When u put the 420 down?

Well you see, I would have gotten rid of it long ago -- problem being, the only other Sabres-related "sig" i've gotten around to making is this one: http://www.pixuni.com/userfiles/connolly.jpg

so i'm sure you see my dilemma

Haha, the way Hank has been playing, I do see Paetsch as an upgrade. I've always thought highly of Paetsch. And right now, I'd rather take his quiet-but-solid gameplay over Tallinder's.

Cool, we just disagree. I do not think Paetsch is any good at all and solid is not a term I would use to describe his play.

Cool, we just disagree. I do not think Paetsch is any good at all and solid is not a term I would use to describe his play.

Based on what? As far as I can remember, Paetsch has only played well in his stints with Buffalo. Not exceptionally well, but I can't remember ever being frustrated with his play.

Archived