Who Was The Genius To Schedule 1st Game Back

CallawaySabres

After the entire Olympic break, all Sabres fans have to look forward to is a radio only game tomorrow?? Pretty weak if you ask me.

Don't you remember back in the preseason when tv schedules were set the Swordsmen were to be mired in last place, hoping they finished the season without folding by this point. Why would anyone be interested in watching them on tv!

I don't really understand televising 75+ out of 82 games. At that point, why not just televise them all. That being said, it does seem odd that the game they would choose NOT to televise would be the one coming off a two week break.

The good news is, you can still isten to RJ on the radio. ;)

Nope...Atlanta is not covering it either.

This is even worse than Buffalo not televising the game. At least the home team can say that they're not showing the game in hopes of selling more tickets. What can the road team say in this situation?

This is complete b.s....now we have to wait even longer for Sabres hockey. That Olympic crap got old really fast

In 2002, I was a big fan of Olympic hockey. This year...not so much (not just because the U.S. looked pathetic). For the most part the games ran during the day. I did record the games all day with a Tivo. But, I will admit, I am not inclined to watch a game when I know how it will turn out (with the exception of Sabres games, or a particularly memorable game). So I found myself coming home every day, not really in the mood to watch the games from earlier in the day. So while in general, I disagree with your assessment of the Olympics, this year I have to agree. I am sure I will feel differently in 2010 when the games are back in North America.

If you have XM or Sirius Radio, what broadcast do you receive? I have been thinking about getting one of them... B-)

It's the same deal as with Center Ice, sometimes you get Rick and Jim, sometimes you don't. If you are buying just to listen to the games, I would recommend getting Center Ice instead. You can listen to all the games for free on the Sabres website, or the NHL website. If you are in the car a lot during games, then Sattellite is a good idea. I would recommend XM. They have a 24 hour hockey station on 204. Some of the shows repeat during the day, but it's still pretty good!

Archived