Ok all you HSBC insiders ...

carpandean

Anyone know? Will the vintage logo remain :thumbsup: or will, as rumored, the slug return :thumbdown: for the regular season?

(And before anyone says it, this is REALLY low on my thoughts about tomorrows' game, but I was reminded of it by preseason pic.)

From the season preview videos from the Snooze, it looks like the new 3rd is still there. But, not sure when they recorded it. But, the date says 10/9. Who knows.

Edit: Videos were recorded at least before Weber got sent down.

I was thinking it last night during the game when RJ mentioned that they completely redid all the logos and stuff in the arena. This is the death knell for the slug.

Everyone (for example, Kevin Sylvester) is wearing classic logo jackets, too.

40th Anniversary, baby!!!

what a roller coaster.

was so excited to see the logo there in pre-season... and then was extremely disappointed to hear that it was only temporary... and then unimaginably happy to see it there on opening night, along with the classic logo jackets and entrance-banner that were mentioned in this thread.

what a roller coaster.

was so excited to see the logo there in pre-season... and then was extremely disappointed to hear that it was only temporary... and then unimaginably happy to see it there on opening night, along with the classic logo jackets and entrance-banner that were mentioned in this thread.

Where did you hear that it was temporary?

i forget which blog it was, but they reported that all teams were using their alternate logo at center ice for pre-season.. it might have been eklund >

I found the reference.

Maybe that is true, but it seems like there are an awful lot of crossed swords around beyond center ice.

I found the reference.

Maybe that is true, but it seems like there are an awful lot of crossed swords around beyond center ice.

Yeah, and now that I think about it, aren't there some third logos/jerseys that STILL haven't been revealed? That would debunk the league-wide pre-season only campaign... all good signs.

Yeah, and now that I think about it, aren't there some third logos/jerseys that STILL haven't been revealed? That would debunk the league-wide pre-season only campaign... all good signs.

If you're Larry Quinn, don't you want to advertise your new product to make as much money as possible? The whole third jersey idea is based bringing in extra revenue, and all the "signs" everyone thinks they see are part of the advertising. I really wouldn't get your hopes up.

If you're Larry Quinn, don't you want to advertise your new product to make as much money as possible? The whole third jersey idea is based bringing in extra revenue, and all the "signs" everyone thinks they see are part of the advertising. I really wouldn't get your hopes up.

If you announce that something new is coming, people will stop buying what's available and wait-n-see if they like the new one better.

Ok, so if you're Larry Quinn, and you re-brand the team with the "slug" and get thousands upon thousands of complaints about it, combined with probably twice as many people stating that they'd prefer the old logo in a heartbeat, don't you think you'd make more money by going back to the old logo?

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but your logic works both ways.. obviously it's advertising. Whether it's advertising a third jersey or a future primary jersey is yet to be determined.

Archived