Preseason Television

rbochan

If it's anything like last year, there probably won't be much. Mostly on the radio for preseason I think. Total guess but maybe they'll do replays on NHL Network like they did with the NFL preseason games on NFL Network.

You would have to think the games against the Leafs & Habs would be televised in Canada.

OK; did a little research:

Mon., Sept. 22 Vs Buffalo 7:30 Sportsnet Air Canada Centre

Sat., Sept. 27 At Buffalo 7:00 LTV HSBC Arena

Don't see the Habs listed as televised.

The game vs. Montreal will be on CBC but taped delayed and short version. That town where the game is played in, won a rebuild your rink contest which i think CBC sponsers so they are airing the game.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive...8/09/c3802.html

I think it's odd that they don't air the game live. lol How much can they show in just an hour?

I'm bored sitting at home and i'm watching NHL Network Detroit vs. the Ducks from last years playoffs, and on their bottom line ticker they are posting a pre-season schedule, and it mentioned Sabres vs. Montreal from Roberval, QB will be seen on the NHL Network.

kickass!

• 2 weeks later...

All the preseason games have always been on radio as far as I can remember. The TV for preseason is pretty spotty though. Leafs game on tonight anywhere like NHL network or something? Nothing listed for XM. Nothing listed on SabresTV (thought they might stream live video). Nothing listed on NHL network. Nothing on MSG (WTF happened to the Sabres page on it? For that matter what happened to the Islanders and Devils pages as well? *uckers. I've never liked MSG.)

Edit: Sabres.com lists it will be carried by an Ontario station.

Pump.

Any news on MSG having any games?

Also, NHL Network will also air the October 5th Sabres @ Detroit pre-season game. So, worse case senerio is we'll have 2 pre-season games on TV....

Did you just pump a thread? I didn't know the technology was available yet... :chris:

You haven't heard of the amazing Billy Mays thread pumper? It pumps, it bumps, it jumps, it hu...

I watched the replays of the Sabres game today, it was on NHL network. In fact, the game was on twice.

Does anyone know if there is going to be preseason games, other than the Sabres, on the NHL network?

Sept 27 @ 1pm ET – Carolina at Philadelphia (last NHL game at the Spectrum)

Sept 30 @ 12pm ET – NY Rangers vs SC Bern

Sept 30 @ 7:30pm ET – Detroit at Montreal

Oct 1 @ 1:30pm ET – NY Rangers vs Metallurg (Victoria Cup)

Oct 5 @ 5pm ET – Buffalo at Detroit

They will also be airing several games tape delayed, but i guess they add those at random. The games TSN will air in pre-season will find themselves on tape delayed at some point on NHL Network, although i don't know when. I bet the next day or something.

Archived