[OT] Grillers?

deluca67

I tend to go for VERY simple grilling.

Tenderloins and corn on the cob.

Put the corn on the top shelf of the grill and wait 30-40 minutes, turning it over every 10 minutes or so.

The only seasoning I use on the cow is salt. I tend to flip them a lot to keep them heating evenly, and prefer to keep them VERY pink in the middle.

Another thing that works surprisingly well on the grill is pizza on a pizza stone. W/ the cover down on the grill, the pizza comes out just like from a pizzeria oven. :thumbsup:

I've got a few rib-eyes ready to grill in a few minutes, myself! I just use salt, pepper, and a little liquid smoke with a rib-eye. Less flavorful cuts might get a little Montreal seasoning. I also slow-cook dry rubbed barbecue brisket, pork shoulders and whole chickens...

Sticking with the WNY roots.

Some good ol' Chiavetta's chicken. Toss some onions on top while they are grillin to add a little flavor. I also tried to add sliced jalape?os on top along with the onions. Keep an aluminum foil type holder up top when you are flipping the chicken.

That came out with a nice kick.

Also corn on the cob before you shuck it is the best.

Sticking with the WNY roots.

Some good ol' Chiavetta's chicken. Toss some onions on top while they are grillin to add a little flavor. I also tried to add sliced jalape?os on top along with the onions. Keep an aluminum foil type holder up top when you are flipping the chicken.

That came out with a nice kick.

Also corn on the cob before you shuck it is the best.

Absolutely. That's why I didn't add any other steps than simply "put the corn on the top shelf of the grill". Shucking it and then wrapping it in tinfoil is wasted effort, and does nothing for the flavor (if anything, it makes it worse).

Absolutely. That's why I didn't add any other steps than simply "put the corn on the top shelf of the grill". Shucking it and then wrapping it in tinfoil is wasted effort, and does nothing for the flavor (if anything, it makes it worse).

Yup. I've never eaten corn on the cob any other way since the first time I had it.

I'll be putting about 5-6 hours of smoke to some country style pigsickles tomorrow. I burn maple and birch in the grill, with some apple for flavor. No gas or charcoal here. The meat, along with some coleslaw and swiss chard, all from the garden, will make dinner.

The rub for the ribs:

1 T ground black pepper

1 T cayenne

1 T chili powder

2 T ground cumin

2 1/2 T brown sugar

1 T white sugar

1 T oregano

4 T paprika

1 T salt

1 T ground white pepper

1 1/2 T celery salt

3 T garlic powder

No basting or sauce necessary. It also works well with chicken - but that usually needs basting. I just use some leftover rub in some white wine as a basting liquid.

I'll be putting about 5-6 hours of smoke to some country style pigsickles tomorrow. I burn maple and birch in the grill, with some apple for flavor. No gas or charcoal here. The meat, along with some coleslaw and swiss chard, all from the garden, will make dinner.

The rub for the ribs:

1 T ground black pepper

1 T cayenne

1 T chili powder

2 T ground cumin

2 1/2 T brown sugar

1 T white sugar

1 T oregano

4 T paprika

1 T salt

1 T ground white pepper

1 1/2 T celery salt

3 T garlic powder

No basting or sauce necessary. It also works well with chicken - but that usually needs basting. I just use some leftover rub in some white wine as a basting liquid.

WOW! That's almost the same receipt I use for smoked rainbow trout. Drop the apple, celery, chili and sugars.

Although, you did add some ideas for the next time i have it.

Beef Brisket $2 per pound or less. Dry rub (blk pepper, brown sugar, spices, celery seed/salt, etc. for 24 hours) then 225 degrees for 10-12 hours (overnight).

Shredd while mildy warm/ room temp. serve on bulkie roll with favorite sauce. ;) 3 words: A-Maz-ing! Not quite grilling, but just the same.

Being from Rochester, I grill Zweigel's, of course! I'm a white hot man, but I have to cook reds, too, for my girlfriend.

My latest grill (and food, in general) kick is bison.

I grill bison tenderloins with some olive oil, a splash of Worcestershire sauce and some spice rub. I've never had a craving for steak tar-tar, but when I open the tenderloin package (sold at Wegman's and BJ's), they smell so good that I want to eat them raw. When cooking, definitely err or the rare side, as they are leaner than beef.

I also make bison burgers on the grill. The same company sells ground bison and it's not too expensive (just over $5 for a 1 lbs. package at Wegmans or $7-something for two 1 lbs. packages if you have a BJ's membership.) Usually, I just mix in a little Worcestershire, though my brother had some merlot sauce that contained Worcestershire that we used and it was really good. I make mine about 4" in diameter and 3/4" thick, using the two-plate trick. Best tasting burgers that I have ever had.

As a side note, I also make a mean bison meatloaf with 2 lbs ground bison, 1 cup cooked brown basmati rice, 2 eggs and some Worcestershire (it complements the bison flavor well.) Better than any beef meatloaf. Still eat it with ketchup, though.

Why the bison kick, you might ask? Bison is one of the healthiest meats out there -- far healthier than beef and is even healthier than chicken breasts (ref: http://www.bisoncentral.com/doc_lib/Askew7.06.pdf) -- and tastes great. If you haven't already, give it a try!

It's an easy one, but no one has mentioned it yet. Place little neck clams on a hot grill. They'll pop open just like you would expect. Of course, the shell will be hot, but remove from the grill with tongs. After just 30 seconds off the grill for the shell to cool, enjoy with melted butter. Very easy, but very good.

I'm a big Paula Dean fan. That's where I got the bacon wrapped corn idea. She has an awesome 'butter burger' that I tried and it was fantastic. You freeze a stick of butter then dice it and add it to your ground beef. I add smoked ground pepper. May be the moistest burger you will ever eat.

One other item that is incredibly yummy -- tendorloin tips! I have a butcher that sells them for $2.99/pound, and they're already trimmed to size. They're the ends of the tenderloin, but they are still tender and tasty. For that price, why buy any other cut of beef. The night before grilling, I will place the tips in a freezer bag with montreal steak seasoning. I try to make it as easy as possible.

I'm a big Paula Dean fan. That's where I got the bacon wrapped corn idea. She has an awesome 'butter burger' that I tried and it was fantastic. You freeze a stick of butter then dice it and add it to your ground beef. I add smoked ground pepper. May be the moistest burger you will ever eat.

A nice blue cheese or even foie gras if you want to get Gucci works too! :thumbsup:

Never heard of it either... :unsure:

It's really a buffalo thing (based out of buffalo anyways). I use to get it back home in Dunkirk NY. Go to your local wegmans out in rochester and I can almost guarantee you that they have it (I haven't been to one that hasn't yet). Give it a shot.

Archived