Cunny gets his shot with Hotlanta

slapshot1619

Glad to hear that Cunney's moving up to the NHL and the Amerks aren't getting to keep him.

What are the odds Waddell tries to trade him at the deadline for an over-the-hill rental?

Glad to hear that Cunney's moving up to the NHL and the Amerks aren't getting to keep him.

What are the odds Waddell tries to trade him at the deadline for an over-the-hill rental?

He'll probably be named to team USA instead of someone like Scotty Bowman.

Good for him. It was about time for a step up in his career.

I know it's a dick thing to do but would it have been so wrong for the Sabres to ditch one of their assistants and give cunneyworth a job with the team? He knows more than half the roster better than any coach on the planet.

I know it's a dick thing to do but would it have been so wrong for the Sabres to ditch one of their assistants and give cunneyworth a job with the team? He knows more than half the roster better than any coach on the planet.

But all 3 coaches with the Sabres have been with the organization just as long, if not longer, minus Patrick's half year away from the team.

Always great to see someone whose paid his dues and done a good job get rewarded.... Thanks Cuney...

Now who will coach the pirates :chris: and will he be as good as molding the kids to the system we play... :rolleyes:

John Tortorella - Your AHL Head Coach Position is now Available!!

that would be sweet :thumbsup:

A stanley cup champion coach stepping back to minors... :rolleyes: I'm not seeing that one happening anytime soon.

Hope is always great, I really think they are going to keep to coach from last year(? can't recall name right now) however do not know if he fits the style we want for our project players

We can officially say now that Randy Cunneyworth will not be heading to the Pirates as head coach of the Buffalo Sabres new AHL affiliate in Portland.

Cunneyworth, who spent the better part of the last eight seasons has head coach of the Rochester Americans, was hired by the Atlanta Thrashers on Thursday as an assistant coach, joining former Pirate Todd Nelson who was also hired as an assistant coach.

Link>>>

Archived