[OT] Anyone remember "Sniglets"

PASabreFan

Wow, I am really dating myself here (my right hand and I, however, are engaged to be married next June), but...

Remember Sniglets? Some geeky comedian, first name of Rich something or other, invented these things back in the 80s and made a killing. They're invented words. My favorite was "banipple," the inedible, fleshy protuberance at the end of a banana.

Now, there has to be a name for this message board phenomenon:

You come to this board, telling yourself you're going to check out the latest posts, maybe reply to one or two, then "sign off." But things are busy, and after you post, you check for new posts. You reply to some of them. You are suddenly trapped in the vortex, the endless circle. Post, check for new, post, check for new... all while telling yourself "just one more round," and all while the bowels are clamping down, the phone is ringing and someone is yelling, "Bin Laden (or maybe Jessica Alba) is outside naked!"

Strap on the Depends, folks, and tell me what this should be called, besides obsessive-compulsive.

I'm outta here! (Yeah, right.) No, seriously, they're dropping 100-dollar bills out of a helicopter outside my house.

Wow, I am really dating myself here (my right hand and I, however, are engaged to be married next June), but...

Remember Sniglets? Some geeky comedian, first name of Rich something or other, invented these things back in the 80s and made a killing. They're invented words. My favorite was "banipple," the inedible, fleshy protuberance at the end of a banana.

Now, there has to be a name for this message board phenomenon:

You come to this board, telling yourself you're going to check out the latest posts, maybe reply to one or two, then "sign off." But things are busy, and after you post, you check for new posts. You reply to some of them. You are suddenly trapped in the vortex, the endless circle. Post, check for new, post, check for new... all while telling yourself "just one more round," and all while the bowels are clamping down, the phone is ringing and someone is yelling, "Bin Laden (or maybe Jessica Alba) is outside naked!"

Strap on the Depends, folks, and tell me what this should be called, besides obsessive-compulsive.

I'm outta here! (Yeah, right.) No, seriously, they're dropping 100-dollar bills out of a helicopter outside my house.

Rich Hall from Not Necessarily the News.

I know axactly what you are talking about but still thinking what to call it.

I thought it was a ban-. :sick: the last bite of the inside of a banana?

My family loved the sniglets when i was a kid. We had 2 Sniglet books. Great terlit reading. My fav (and oddly appropriate for this group)

EYEHOCKEY - Deposits found in one's eye upon awakening in the morning, also called: GOZZAGAREENA, OPTIGOOK, and Nocturnuggets.

Nice site with a ton of sniglets: LINK

One of my favorites - Essoasso - any person who drives through a corner gas station to avoid stopping at the intersection.

Nice.

This caught my eye.

Inkslick (ink' slik) - n. A greasy spot on a piece of stationery or test paper.

These two gave me a good chuckle:

Hudnut (hud' nuht) - n. The leftover bolt or screw in any "some assembly required" project.

Hydralation (hi dra lay' shun) - n. Acclimating oneself to a cold swimming pool by bodily regions: toe-to-knee, knee-to-waist, waist-to-elbow, elbow-to-neck.

Kernelkling -that shell of a corn kernel spot-welded to the roof of your mouth, and you can't get out without making cat-like hissing noises in an attempt to lessen the suction of said kernel

Marry me.

Kernelkling -that shell of a corn kernel spot-welded to the roof of your mouth, and you can't get out without making cat-like hissing noises in an attempt to lessen the suction of said kernel

Kevin James did a pretty funny bit on that in his standup act. Funny stuff.

Archived