Eastern Conference Finals Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Heard today coach stevens ask the refs to call it both ways "our team has some super stars too" Sounds like the coach knows they are out classed and can't keep up. We have seen and heard this card played before sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Go PENS!

No you don't, Stevens.

Philly will be without Coburn for tonight's game 3:

LINK

Braydon Coburn's swollen and battered face looked much worse than the young Philadelphia Flyers defenseman said it felt.

Just two days after a deflected puck caught him near his left eye, Coburn sat in front of reporters and television cameras Tuesday morning to discuss his status and what happened in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals.

The eye was still swollen shut, forcing him to the sideline at least for Tuesday night's home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

What I don't get is how MAF turned into an elite playoff goalie. His stats are off the chart impressive.

11-1, 725 minutes, 21 Goals Allowed, 1.74 GAA, .937 SV%

for comparison purposes, if you thought those looked good, check out Chris Osgoods'

9-0, 573 minutes, 14 Goals Allowed, 1.47 GAA, .935 SV%

It really is debatable who has the better stats. All I know is that neither of these guys plays in Buffalo.

But on sarcastic note, it's nice to see we drafted a Father Beater to play on the Bills.... Someone needed to own Willis' bad boy image.

What I don't get is how MAF turned into an elite playoff goalie. His stats are off the chart impressive.

11-1, 725 minutes, 21 Goals Allowed, 1.74 GAA, .937 SV%

for comparison purposes, if you thought those looked good, check out Chris Osgoods'

9-0, 573 minutes, 14 Goals Allowed, 1.47 GAA, .935 SV%

It really is debatable who has the better stats. All I know is that neither of these guys plays in Buffalo.

But on sarcastic note, it's nice to see we drafted a Father Beater to play on the Bills.... Someone needed to own Willis' bad boy image.

I don't think Fleury has ever been a "bad" goalie, he came into a bad situation with huge expectations as the no.1 overall pick, made his NHL debut at 18 years old and struggled the first few years behind a bad Pittsburgh defense. As he has gotten a little older and a little more mature and the defense has gotten better his numbers have steadily improved. This might be his breakout performance.

On the plus side for the Pens - he's still only 23 years old.

Someone on TV said that the Pens are now playing a Devils system so that could go a long way to why MAF numbers are better. Also the Pens are playing better team D since about the last month of the regular season. I don't seem him becoming a super star in the net but he might be the same level of player as miller is.

i would be surprised if you guys didn't cover this somewhere else already, but does anyone else think the two "scotties" for Philly are real douches, especially Upshall? The more of the Flyers I have watched these playoffs the more I wish someone would take a run at them....i don't know what it is, but they piss me off more so than the way than that assclown from the rangers whose name is escaping me now....

i would be surprised if you guys didn't cover this somewhere else already, but does anyone else think the two "scotties" for Philly are real douches, especially Upshall? The more of the Flyers I have watched these playoffs the more I wish someone would take a run at them....i don't know what it is, but they piss me off more so than the way than that assclown from the rangers whose name is escaping me now....

Have to agree on the "scotties = douchebag" comment.

I didn't see the whole game, was the "attack" on Crosby a direct retaliation for something he did, or did a Pen take a run at Briere, or was Scottie (whichever one it was) just being a garden-variety Flyer douche bag?

I didn't see the whole game, was the "attack" on Crosby a direct retaliation for something he did, or did a Pen take a run at Briere, or was Scottie (whichever one it was) just being a garden-variety Flyer douche bag?

i was watching bits and pieces (while trying soothe a 4-month old baby!) and I did not see anything that make it a retaliation...anyone who formally lists their name as scottie is probably just being a douche. if you want to let your friends call you scottie, that is cool with me, but to make it your official name...get a life...

This series could get more interesting:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=363608

There?s an outside chance Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen, who has been sidelined all four games against the Pittsburgh Penguins with a blood clot in his left foot, may return for Game 5 at Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh.

If you're talking about the end of the game scrum:

Richards taking the face off with Crosby and (I'd say) intentionally misses the puck and follows through hard to whack Crosby's right ankle, then proceed to slash him in the right leg, left leg, right side and inner thigh. Crosby stood there like "WTF is going on" and finally retaliates. Philly needed more of last night in the first game if you ask me (but I still want Detroit-Pens)

If you're talking about the end of the game scrum:

Richards taking the face off with Crosby and (I'd say) intentionally misses the puck and follows through hard to whack Crosby's right ankle, then proceed to slash him in the right leg, left leg, right side and inner thigh. Crosby stood there like "WTF is going on" and finally retaliates. Philly needed more of last night in the first game if you ask me (but I still want Detroit-Pens)

Luckily, I hate both teams so I can be impartial. The Pens have been swiping at Briere all series. The whack on Crosby was probably for the penalty the Pens took on Danny with a minute left. IMO both teams have been equally as douchey.

Luckily, I hate both teams so I can be impartial. The Pens have been swiping at Briere all series. The whack on Crosby was probably for the penalty the Pens took on Danny with a minute left. IMO both teams have been equally as douchey.

quoted for truth.

Both teams have been going at each other, and the Pens seemed to be getting whiney last night. Richards knew that Crosby was frustrated so he decided to try and irritate him a bit for good measure. Sidney reacted and Richardson, the Flyers and the crowd got what they wanted. Sure it's a dick move for Philly to start doing stupid stuff at the end of a game they're winning, but this is Philly. People should expect it by now.

quoted for truth.

Both teams have been going at each other, and the Pens seemed to be getting whiney last night. Richards knew that Crosby was frustrated so he decided to try and irritate him a bit for good measure. Sidney reacted and Richardson, the Flyers and the crowd got what they wanted. Sure it's a dick move for Philly to start doing stupid stuff at the end of a game they're winning, but this is Philly. People should expect it by now.

I have found Crosby's whining somewhat annoying. He does certainly act his age at times. Seeing it just gets under my skin (kind of a pet peeve of mine). I'm not sure I remember seeing Sakic/Yzerman/Messier act like that.

Then again, I think some early footage of Gretzky and Lemieux might have some acting out - hopefully Crosby can grow out of it as well.

I have found Crosby's whining somewhat annoying. He does certainly act his age at times. Seeing it just gets under my skin (kind of a pet peeve of mine). I'm not sure I remember seeing Sakic/Yzerman/Messier act like that.

Then again, I think some early footage of Gretzky and Lemieux might have some acting out - hopefully Crosby can grow out of it as well.

Agreed. There are lots of times that I watch him play and think that he isn't ready to be captain. He is still "the kid" and acts like it. I am not of the opinion that the best skills make you the best choice for captain.

I have found Crosby's whining somewhat annoying...

During one of the post-whistle scrums, you could clearly hear Smith yelling at Crosby. "You #%^$#!ing whine after every #%^$#!ing play!"

That's about the only thing I actually like about the Versus broadcasts, they mic everything well enough so that you can actually hear what goes on on the ice, unlike MSG.

And that playoff beard is an outright abomination. If he shows up today with that thing they should give him an Unsportsmanship Penalty to start the game.

EDIT:I meant Unsportsmanlike Conduct...coffee hadn't kicked in yet

Archived