OT - Memorial Day weekend plans

Mike Oxhurtz

You have too much time on your hands. ;)

In the words of Detective Jack Kimble (from Kindergarten Cop): "Stop Whining!!!!"

Considering the Briere post got hammered to death worse than Eight Belles, I figured it be nice to talk about something else. Seeing Pittsburgh & Philadelphia in the Eastern Conference Finals is depressing enough, so I figured why not talk about something that is fun for a change.

In the words of Detective Jack Kimble (from Kindergarten Cop): "Stop Whining!!!!"

Considering the Briere post got hammered to death worse than Eight Belles, I figured it be nice to talk about something else. Seeing Pittsburgh & Philadelphia in the Eastern Conference Finals is depressing enough, so I figured why not talk about something that is fun for a change.

Whatever...before you know it this place will resemble twobillsdrive.

PS I'll be planting flowers on memorial day weekend. That was fun. :doh:

Whatever...before you know it this place will resemble twobillsdrive.

PS I'll be planting flowers on memorial day weekend. That was fun. :doh:

Sounds like tons of fun.

I'm actually driving up with the kids to visit my parents in S. Buffalo for the weekend. A friend of mine is camping at Letchworth, so I'll be headed there as well.

You're right, twobillsdrive forum is very out of place. Like I said, I'm just trying to change up the pace a little.

Since Memorial Day is getting closer, what's everyone's plans?

family road trip to central/eastern penna -- there will be hoardes of young kin folk running amok and, at least for me and brothers in law, a correspondingly large consumption of beer and grilled foods.

family road trip to central/eastern penna -- there will be hoardes of young kin folk running amok and, at least for me and brothers in law, a correspondingly large consumption of beer and grilled foods.

Where in PA are you going?

I'm driving up to Buffalo to visit family & friends. I plan on going to one of the few remaining drive-ins in the Buffalo area (probably the Transit Drive-in), plus do a little camping with some friends at Letchworth. I'm not sure if the Caz carnival is still going on, if it is, I'll take the kids there.

My 7 soon to 8 thinks she is 21 year old daughter will be performing at Darien Lake so I will be spending the day in one of my least favorite places with my most favorite people.

Were taking my 4 kids to Darien Lake also..

I'm driving up to Buffalo to visit family & friends. I plan on going to one of the few remaining drive-ins in the Buffalo area (probably the Transit Drive-in), plus do a little camping with some friends at Letchworth. I'm not sure if the Caz carnival is still going on, if it is, I'll take the kids there.

I was just at the Transit Drive-In last weekend and I must say that it is top drawer. I still miss the recently departed Buffalo Drive-In, but Transit is a great place.

Given the rising gas prices and our financial situation, probably not doing much here. Maybe a picnic at one of my wife's co-worker's house, nothing flashy.

I was just at the Transit Drive-In last weekend and I must say that it is top drawer. I still miss the recently departed Buffalo Drive-In, but Transit is a great place.

transit is the best of a vanishing breed around wny.

my wife and i (drive-in amateurs, to be sure) still laugh about how we took our then pre-school aged first-born to transit to see nemo for her birthday -- several other families joined us. thing is, the birthday's in mind-june -- so it was nearly 10 by the time the feature started.

it was resolved by all adults present that our next trip to the drive-in would be in august.

I went to the Buffalo Drive-in last year and saw Live Free or Die Hard. I miss the Buffalo Drive-In, and the Grandview Drive-In in Angola. I drove by the Buffalo Drive-in while we were in town in February and saw that everything was torn down except for the concession stand building, it was depressing to see that.

I went to the Buffalo Drive-in last year and saw Live Free or Die Hard. I miss the Buffalo Drive-In, and the Grandview Drive-In in Angola. I drove by the Buffalo Drive-in while we were in town in February and saw that everything was torn down except for the concession stand building, it was depressing to see that.

The thing about the Buffalo Drive-In, is that it was a great place to go to on the 4th of July to watch fireworks. It wasn't too busy, you could see fireworks from both the Cheektowaga town park and surrounding neighborhoods and see a movie at the same time. The added bonus was that you didn't have to deal with traffic after the fireworks were over.

In regards to wny landmarks, when I was driving down to Allegany County yesterday, I noticed that Earl's restaurant has re-opened. So of course I needed to stop there for a piece of pie on my way back home today :).

mmmm... pie.

The thing about the Buffalo Drive-In, is that it was a great place to go to on the 4th of July to watch fireworks. It wasn't too busy, you could see fireworks from both the Cheektowaga town park and surrounding neighborhoods and see a movie at the same time. The added bonus was that you didn't have to deal with traffic after the fireworks were over.

In regards to wny landmarks, when I was driving down to Allegany County yesterday, I noticed that Earl's restaurant has re-opened. So of course I needed to stop there for a piece of pie on my way back home today :).

mmmm... pie.

Where is Earl's restaurant located at?

Archived