As much as I hate the Bruins

Claude Balls

It looks like the Sabres will have to play against this beast for quite awhile. He's only 19 and only if Boston pulls another brain dead Thornton move, he will be there a long time. Remember Cam Neely? He might be version 2.0 but even tougher. Did anyone hear him towards the end of the game yapping away in the scrum in front of the Canadiens net? You could hear him say "you're nothin but #%^$#!ing talk" and then it sounded like he said, "what did you say about my mother" but I'm not sure about that part. All I know is this kid is going to be a thorn in the side of the Eastern Conference teams for awhile. Man, just another reason to really hate the Bruins.

I actually like the Bruins ... just not when we play them or when we are fighting them for a playoff spot.

I don't like or dislike the Bruins. I nothing them.

But I do grow weary of seeing them on the schedule every other night...

New kid pic, eh?

Yeah, had to get rid of the winter one...even though it was a better pic of the little guy, the snow was depressing me. I've just been lazy about cropping down a pic to fit the avatar size, but finally did it this afternoon.

Before the puck drop at the home finale against the Bruins, Lucic did something that really impressed me. The Sabres promotions people were doing the ceremonial puck drop with a season ticket holder, and the players (like most of the fans) were just standing around waiting for the game to start. Lucic actually paid attention and slapped his stick to the ice, replicating a hand clap. It was very classy, and I was touched, considering I do not recall even seeing a Sabre do that.

It's hard to root against someone with class.

Before the puck drop at the home finale against the Bruins, Lucic did something that really impressed me. The Sabres promotions people were doing the ceremonial puck drop with a season ticket holder, and the players (like most of the fans) were just standing around waiting for the game to start. Lucic actually paid attention and slapped his stick to the ice, replicating a hand clap. It was very classy, and I was touched, considering I do not recall even seeing a Sabre do that.

It's hard to root against someone with class.

I would love to see him in a Sabres uniform, but I think we all know, that would never happen.

Lucic is going to be an exciting player to watch for years. The kid is tough as nails as well. I've seen him take some hits and falls this year that would send many players to the dressing room. He may very well becoming Cam Neely part 2. Neely works with him on the ice a lot. I'd love for the Sabres to have a player like Lucic.

Lucic is going to be an exciting player to watch for years. The kid is tough as nails as well. I've seen him take some hits and falls this year that would send many players to the dressing room. He may very well becoming Cam Neely part 2. Neely works with him on the ice a lot. I'd love for the Sabres to have a player like Lucic.

Goose doesnt do it for you?

post-1332-1208729579_thumbjpeg

It looks like the Sabres will have to play against this beast for quite awhile. He's only 19 and only if Boston pulls another brain dead Thornton move, he will be there a long time. Remember Cam Neely? He might be version 2.0 but even tougher. Did anyone hear him towards the end of the game yapping away in the scrum in front of the Canadiens net? You could hear him say "you're nothin but #%^$#!ing talk" and then it sounded like he said, "what did you say about my mother" but I'm not sure about that part. All I know is this kid is going to be a thorn in the side of the Eastern Conference teams for awhile. Man, just another reason to really hate the Bruins.

The kid may someday be the real deal, who knows, but he will never be tougher than Neely. They should hope he can be as tough.

haha, Goose won't be able to even hold Lucic's jockstrap in a couple of years.

I really like Lucic. What surprised me this year is how few times he ended up fighting.

As much as I like him, he isn't really the kind of player I would put on an

upward trajectory. I would expect similar numbers and similar things.

Neely works with him on the ice a lot.

haha, Goose won't be able to even hold Lucic's jockstrap in a couple of years.
The kid may someday be the real deal, who knows, but he will never be tougher than Neely. They should hope he can be as tough.

I was hoping that maybe Larry Playfair could mentor Goose :thumbsup:

post-1332-1208735002_thumbjpeg

I really wish they'd stop comparing guys to players from the past. I understand why they do it, but the bar is always set too high and the player almost always ends up being a disappoinment. Just let Milan Lucic be Milan Lucic and the Boston fans will probably be very happy with what they get. But then again, they weren't happy with Joe Thornton, instead expecting him to be a Gretzky type, and we all know how well that worked out for them.

I really wish they'd stop comparing guys to players from the past. I understand why they do it, but the bar is always set too high and the player almost always ends up being a disappoinment. Just let Milan Lucic be Milan Lucic and the Boston fans will probably be very happy with what they get. But then again, they weren't happy with Joe Thornton, instead expecting him to be a Gretzky type, and we all know how well that worked out for them.

Excellent point. I just wish the Sabres had ANYONE that would play the game the way Lucic does. He plays like he has a set and he's only 19. Maybe Kaleta someday, but I think Lucic is already way ahead of him at a younger age.

Archived